PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 favorites in 2006?

BeastoftheEast
05-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Who are the favorites for Region 1 in 06? Are the same suspects, Wylie, Sweetwater and now Gainsville going to dominate or is there anyone else out there? What about Vernon haven't heard much from them in a few years will they make some noise? I'm sure they are due a run of athletes.

mustang04
05-08-2006, 09:05 PM
snyder will be lookin good bringin up some of the youngins from last season.... look for Blayne Knipe to make an appearance!

shadow13
05-08-2006, 10:38 PM
I agree Snyder will be very tough and should go deep into the playoffs. And you can't look pass Vernon they will be on the comeback this yr. As long as Wylie has Sandifer they will be a team to reckon with,in my opinion they don't have the quality of athletes we have but Sandifer knows had to get the best out of what he has to work with...GREAT COACH

RMAC
05-08-2006, 11:12 PM
Gainsville graduated a whole bunch if I'm not mistaken and it looks like this year will be a rebuilder. We all know what's up w/ Wylie so it doesn't matter what we say, let's just plan on them going 2 or 3 deep UNTIL, and you heard it here first, they lose to Canyon. I think it'll be b/t Snyder, Sweetwater, and oh yes, this is Canyon's year to beat Wylie, to be the region I rep's in Football. Also, look for Burkburnet to be pretty tough after dropping out of 4A to join us over here in what'll be I think 6-3A next year. I heard from I think it was VGW that they had a really good kid coming back at running back, but I might be mistaken. I'm not sure about Greenwood and Monahans b/c I don't ever venture that far out west into our great state, but maybe somebody else can fill us in.

Whsdogs
05-08-2006, 11:16 PM
well i dont know if i can say this on here but wylies offense will be a little bit different next year...edwards at qb it looks and i cant tell the rest of the goodies...could get people in trouble lol they do have coach sandifer and thats ALWAYS a plus but you guess dont get to see what goes down in meetings with other coaches...some very very smart men on that coaching staff!

oh well
05-09-2006, 09:07 AM
WOW 04 WOW:thinking:

Macarthur
05-09-2006, 09:51 AM
I also think Burk will be tough. They have a really good RB. D1 prospect.

Whsdogs
05-09-2006, 10:44 AM
i like the big 3 again...duh:clap: :p

mustang04
05-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by oh well
WOW 04 WOW:thinking: what???!!!:confused:

oh well
05-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Having you say nice things about Snyder well that almost like BM saying nice things about the Mustangs. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

mustang04
05-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Having you say nice things about Snyder well that almost like BM saying nice things about the Mustangs. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

ive said nice things about snyder before.....like ummm...ummm....i always used to say in highschool they had some fine girls!!!!!:D

oh well
05-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Okay you have said 2 nice things. I give you credit. But you did asault the tiger

mustang04
05-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Okay you have said 2 nice things. I give you credit. But you did asault the tiger

hahaha.....i havent had any phone calls about child support yet....:D

I GUESS IT WAS A HE AFTER ALL!!!!!:D :D

injuredinmelee
05-09-2006, 12:43 PM
that tiger out in front of the stadium needs some nourishment... looks a little sickly.

Black_Magic
05-09-2006, 12:48 PM
Having you say nice things about Snyder well that almost like BM saying nice things about the Mustangs. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Makes me sick:tongue:

mustang04
05-09-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Makes me sick:tongue: :kiss: God Bless You:kiss:

Black_Magic
05-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
hahaha.....i havent had any phone calls about child support yet....:D

I GUESS IT WAS A HE AFTER ALL!!!!!:D :D No harm done.. The tiger never felt a thing..;)

mustang04
05-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
No harm done.. The tiger never felt a thing..;)
yeah..thats what happens when there is complete nerve damage in a vicinity....the area goes numb:D

Adidas410s
05-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
yeah..thats what happens when there is complete nerve damage in a vicinity....the area goes numb:D

speaking from personal experience there? ;)

Black_Magic
05-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
speaking from personal experience there? ;) AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Now thats a good one.. of course he isnt..:rolleyes: He heard that from somewhere..;)

mustang04
05-09-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
speaking from personal experience there? ;)
yep....whn i sliced my finger w/ a knife when i was a freshamn in HS....the whole tip of my finger went numb!!!;)

Z motion 10 out on 2
05-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Burk should be a good team. They do have a D1 prospect at running back. They should be pretty good. Not sure about their depth though and they do not have any experience in the playoffs either. They will be an interesting team to watch out for.

As far as Vernon goes... don't really know what they have coming up. They had a lot of youth like Graham did last year so I expect both Graham and Vernon to be better. Like to watch them play a few games first.

VWG
05-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Burk returns Nate Brown at RB. Again, like other people have said, Burk is a drop down 4A and they were a competitive team in a tough 4A district last year. Burkburnett I think turned in about 948 kids, just under the 3A max number. Brown is a great RB, and yeah he will probably get some DI schools look at him. Might be undersized for DI as I think he only goes about 180lbs.
Sweetwater is my pick to take Region I. They have good skill players coming back and Jackson is one of the best coaches in the state. They play mistake free football, and again with the speed they have coming back they should come out of Region I as the best team in their division.
Wylie will reload, again Sandifer will work his magic. He lost a great QB in Keenum but there will be other kids to come in and fill the gaps. He will get the best out of his players.
Iowa Park I think will have a tough time making the playoffs. My concern here is they were a very, very heavy senior laden team.
They lose a ton on both sides of the ball, and I think they only return like one or two startes on off/def. With Burkburnett coming in to the district and Graham and Vernon being very young last year they could be the odd team out in this district race.
The question I think everyone would like to see answered is if the McCoy boys over in Graham will hook up this upcoming year.
The oldest (and I am talking about Colt McCoy's younger brothers)
is a returning all-state WR and will be a senior. The youngest is going to be a freshman but some say he is farther along at his age than Colt was. They say he is tall, lanky, and can throw the ball a mile. Has been brought up in the game all his life as his dad being a coach, and watching Colt set records at 2A Tuscola Jim Ned. Can he be a varsity QB as a freshman and toss passes to his older brother? Only time will tell..... and I am sure he will be working out with the varsity come 7 on 7 time.

WylieGrad2003
05-10-2006, 09:50 AM
I think Wylie, Sweetwater, and Snyder will be the top 3 again...Hey, it's a pretty easy prediction