PDA

View Full Version : Navasota people

Old Tiger
05-08-2006, 09:25 AM
When will the construction of all the things that got approved begin?

strike hard
05-08-2006, 10:00 AM
The new school out by Stoneham is already in progress and will be K - 6 grade. The other school that is being renovated is also in progress. The construction at the high school will beging right after school lets out I believe but I am not completly sure though. The football stadium is supposed to be ready for this up coming season with the first home game on September 1 vs. Madisonville. There are some pictures at the NISD website. I don't think the pictures have been updated in a little while though. Their are not football stadium pictures or a layout in the site yet though.

On the left hand side click on district construction
www.navasotaisd.org

UPanIN
05-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Best bet is that the Rattlers will be playing in the Pit again this year.

venomous tat2
05-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by UPanIN
Best bet is that the Rattlers will be playing in the Pit again this year.

Maybe, one game if that. :thinking:

crotalus
05-08-2006, 09:16 PM
It takes more than 4 months to complete a whole football stadium if it is worth a crap. They have to go in, dig out the field, put in the turf or what ever, put up bleachers on both sides, pour slabs for concessions, put in plumbing for bathrooms, build the concession stands, put in parking on both sides, put in piers for the lights, put up the lights, run the electrical (there's no power out there), put in dressing rooms (or is it going to be like hempstead where you dress behind the buses or a mile away), put in a new track, etc; all this in Navasota where it rains often. It's hard to do construction, especially on stuff that needs a certain moisture content in areas like that. I hope they get it done, for the kids sake. Have they prepped Brule just in case?

On another note, has Fedora put his name in down the road?

strike hard
05-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Just read in the newspaper online that things are being pushed back so things get done the right way instead of rushing things.

http://www.navasotaexaminer.com/articles/2006/05/09/news/news02.txt

UPanIN
05-10-2006, 09:36 AM
We don't want to rush things.

Typical bureaucrat answer when they don't have a clue on how to get a project done on time and under budget. Noticed the architect blamed everything but himself and the construction company.

I wonder how much more money it's going to cost because the projects will be almost a year behind schedule.

My guess is that when all is said and done the tax payers will pay over a million more for these projects.

I hope someone on the board will have the guts to watch out for the district and not just accept everything they are told.

Not going to hold my breath though.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad: :mad: :mad:

crotalus
05-10-2006, 01:28 PM
i'm sorry for the kids, i would have liked to see them get to play in a new stadium this year... HOPEFULLY they will be able to possibly get it done next year...but i wouldn't bet the farm on it...

Aren't they going to have to do a lot of work on Brule this summer to get it ready? I know the lights are horrible and the restrooms barely can handle the crowds. Have they even thought about how much more money they are going to have to spend to get it ready and then build a new stadium? Is it even in compliance for ADA?

Read on another board that Fedora put his name in for the Bryan job? Is this the case? I would think he would hold out for the A&M Consol job if it ever came open...

UPanIN
05-10-2006, 03:35 PM
I know nothing about Fedora but I have always felt that he would leave Navasota as soon as he could go 20 miles North to A&M Con. or in Bryan's case maybe 26 miles North.

I hope he stays in Navasota a long time. It would be nice to have a long time coach in Navasota. But it seems Navasota has been a stepping stone for a number of years now.

Navasota may be 2-3 years away again from winning seasons. Maybe if Fedora stays he can improve that to 1-2 years but I don't think 2006 will be the year. 5-5 season this year would be pretty good.

NHSRattler60
05-10-2006, 05:40 PM
They Could have made Brule ADA Compliant in the time they've taken to do this new Stadium.

But A new feild is needed, as is a new band hall.

The band is in a sub par environment, sitting in the middle of the HS, sure now they aren't doing anything but still. When it comes time, the new band director is gonna have a hard time coping with such poor rescources.

If Fedora...Fadora....Fodora...Fawhatever his name is leaves anytime soon the team will be up a creek without a boat or paddle.

It's taken a while for them to adjust to a new system, and if another coach came in it would be just as bad. We'd see another losing season. And the guys there don't deserve that.

In the 04 season, we were lucky because not much changed in the way we did things, the 22 seniors had played together since the beginning of time so there was chemistry, we had no destractions because we refused to let any happen, and honestly, I was scared of Coach Burk getting mad (some of the Navasota posters know what I mean) haha jk.

Then with the change, things got confusing. Different Fundamentals, Different techniques, practically a new coaching staff, and new workouts.

Navasota, the whole school system, has been going through so many changes, and honestly, I'm glad I'm out. According to some of the students, they may as well be calling it Navasota Senior Military Academy.

New Teachers every year, some old teachers that aren't that great, seems like the only change they need right now is for the change to slow down.

All these destractions I'm surprised they're learning at all.

NHSRattler60
05-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Maybe Military Academy was strong......but eh.