PDA

View Full Version : What's going on in Jasper?

Bulldog92
08-19-2003, 12:00 AM
There are several of you in Jasper that aren't posting updates. What's up with that? Some of us are out-of-state and we're starving for info. Please help us...lol. :D

j_dog
08-19-2003, 12:14 AM
Yes, Jasper was to scrimmage 4a Crosby this past weekend. Results? Thanks.

Bulldog92
08-19-2003, 01:20 AM
That brings back some memories, huh? :D

Reveille
08-19-2003, 06:52 AM
The only things I have heard so far is the dawgs kicked Crosby. Also, Sir Vincent looked awesome on the line. I should have something more tomorrow.

Jasper will play in Nederland this weekend. This will be a much better match up to determine what Jasper is going to be like this year.

southern_thunder
08-19-2003, 07:47 AM
Jasper's freshmen and JV scored 4 each I believe and did not allow a score. The Varsity scored 7 or 8 and only gave up one.

JasperDog94
08-19-2003, 09:48 AM
That sounds like a good start. Let's hope they can keep that up going into the regular season. The Jasper/Newton game this year ought to be a great game. Too bad I can't be there to see it.

BTW, how big are Newton's stands?

Reveille
08-19-2003, 10:03 AM
Duckbutter can give you the capacity. He did tell me the other day that they have now got some portable stands...... It will be a sold out game. You had better get there early if you want a seat. I would suspect the Newton/BC game will be the same way.

duckbutter
08-19-2003, 11:13 AM
We don't have portable stands yet but we are working on it. Jasper should have a better test this week with Nederland and Newton will have there hands full with Ozen. I hear that Ozen could have at least 7 D1 players this yr.

JasperDog94
08-19-2003, 11:24 AM
duckbutter:
I hear that Ozen could have at least 7 D1 players this yr.That's what happens when you have a magnet school for athletics. Something is inherently wrong with that, but oh well. At least they're not in 3A.

bearkatdad
08-19-2003, 03:24 PM
Also, the Jasper/Newton game this year (not sure of the date) will be Newtons homecoming....so even more reason to get there early...should be a good game..

j_dog
08-20-2003, 01:14 AM
southern_thunder:
Jasper's freshmen and JV scored 4 each I believe and did not allow a score. The Varsity scored 7 or 8 and only gave up one.According to the Houston Chronicle, Crosby's QB threw for almost 2500 yards last year and the Chronicle was picking them second in their 4a district. They don't exactly sound like slouches. Way to go Dogs!

And good luck against those 4a Nederland Dogs.

Bulldog92
08-20-2003, 02:42 AM
That's good news because our defense may have to be the strength early while the offense gets its feet wet. Are we still running the spread this year?

southern_thunder
08-20-2003, 08:51 AM
JDog I dont know where the chronicle is getting their information but Crosby really wasnt that good from what I heard.

j_dog
08-20-2003, 09:58 PM
southern_thunder:
JDog I dont know where the chronicle is getting their information but Crosby really wasnt that good from what I heard.I don't know where they got their information, but here are some quotes from their article. I know that Jasper also handled them easily last year. It appears that Crosby did have a 6-4 record last year though.

"The Crosby senior was a first-team all-district selection last year after throwing for 2,471 yards and 17 touchdowns. He is listed as a Texas Prep all-area QB.

And he is one of the nation's top 100 quarterbacks according to Rivals 100."
---------------
"Crosby posted a 6-4 record in 2002 after winning just two games the previous two years. But the Cougars were 2-3 in district. While the gaudy passing numbers suggest a one-sided team, senior running back Cleveland Archie dispels that notion."
---------------

Anyway, for sure, Nederland will be a legimitate test this week.

j_dog
08-20-2003, 10:00 PM
Bulldog92:
That's good news because our defense may have to be the strength early while the offense gets its feet wet. Are we still running the spread this year?Yes, from what I read. Same at all levels of the program.

southern_thunder
08-21-2003, 07:54 AM
Nederland will definitely be a test this week I just hope the Jasper dogs are up for it.