PDA

View Full Version : Breckenridge Baseball

Steer Fever
05-07-2006, 10:48 PM
I havn't heard any of the bandwagon hoppers talking sicne they showed how good they were making a first round exit. i guesws that easy non-district schedule payed off haha. They shelled Heatley in game one and probably in game 3 as well.

I.P. is legit they are solid in every aspect of the game, it hurts me to say that but they are good.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-07-2006, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Steer Fever
I havn't heard any of the bandwagon hoppers talking sicne they showed how good they were making a first round exit. i guesws that easy non-district schedule payed off haha. They shelled Heatley in game one and probably in game 3 as well.

I.P. is legit they are solid in every aspect of the game, it hurts me to say that but they are good.

They still had a good year. I've said it before and I'll say it again. 15-2 is 15-2 is 15-2. Now it's 15-4. Still a damn good record considering the team had never had a winning record since its inception and a coach who is in his 3rd/4th year of any coaching. The non-district schedule wasn't the toughest, but then again, other than IP neither was the district. And after getting beat in the first game as they did, at least they kept fighting and forced a game 3. The guys showed a lot of character and set a great foundation for next year.

I'm proud as hell of these guys, even though I never saw a game. And I'm not a bandwagon hopper; I'm an extremely proud alum.

PS--It's 'paid', not 'payed'. Keep that education going!

GreenMonster
05-08-2006, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn

PS--It's 'paid', not 'payed'. Keep that education going!

NICE!!!! :thumbsup:

sic'em
05-08-2006, 09:00 AM
so the root of the story is that a 20-2 team that purposefully played a very weak schedule b/c they had never had a winning season lost in the first round to a 13-14 team that played a tough preseason schedule b/c they have never not made the playoffs. interesting how that works...

Adidas410s
05-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by sic'em
so the root of the story is that a 20-2 team that purposefully played a very weak schedule b/c they had never had a winning season lost in the first round to a 13-14 team that played a tough preseason schedule b/c they have never not made the playoffs. interesting how that works...

that is correct! :thumbsup:

Macarthur
05-08-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by sic'em

I don't fault the Breck coach for trying to build up his program and give them confidence. My biggest issue was with them getting ranked as high as they did. You have a program that has not been strong suddenly winning, and all of the sudden the voters go crazy over them. That's the part that is puzzling to me.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I don't fault the Breck coach for trying to build up his program and give them confidence. My biggest issue was with them getting ranked as high as they did. You have a program that has not been strong suddenly winning, and all of the sudden the voters go crazy over them. That's the part that is puzzling to me.

Yeah, that's the way polls work though. Blame the Texas high school coaches association. They're the ones who did it, not the team. Those guys just played their butts off, and let the polls fall where they may.

Macarthur
05-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Yeah, that's the way polls work though. Blame the Texas high school coaches association. They're the ones who did it, not the team. Those guys just played their butts off, and let the polls fall where they may.

I thought I did blame them, not the team.:confused:

repeat2002
05-08-2006, 11:30 AM
21-5 still looks good on the 2006 District Runner-up / Bi-District Qualifier Trophy

The strength of the season will be in the future - was the 21-5 worth it to build the future

Try a 14-13 Regional Finalist Trophy, for example, and compare the two - which one do you want?

GreenMonster
05-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by repeat2002
21-5 still looks good on the 2006 District Runner-up / Bi-District Qualifier Trophy

The strength of the season will be in the future - was the 21-5 worth it to build the future

Try a 14-13 Regional Finalist Trophy, for example, and compare the two - which one do you want?

Duh, the Region Finals.

VWG
05-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Steer Fever

Yeah, and you guys had a super year. Way to squeak into the playoffs in a 5 team district, and then get swept 2-0. What, you guys couldn't make it to a third game? At least Breckenridge had a DOMINANT PITCHER... oh yeah... guess Graham wouldn't know anything about that.

Steer Fever
05-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Hey did i ever say Graham was good i forgot to say how poor i district was it sucked. I.P. was the only quality team. With Grahams best pitcher having shoulder durgery the off season didn't help. It wouldnt have mattered though cuz we sucked couldn't hit the ball.