PDA

View Full Version : What does F.W. Castleberry have?

GreenMonster
05-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Anyone on the downlow have the lowdown on Fort Worth Castleberry's baseball team? I have to expect them to have at least one decent pitcher and then another capable pitcher to have made it out of a 3 game series. Are they a club that creates opportunities to score through coaching or do they pretty much swing away? My guess, swing away. Not too many coaches out there that still believe in playing small ball, too hung up on the almighty homerun.

BJG40
05-07-2006, 10:04 PM
I would definitely attribute it to coaching. Coach Holcomb is a great coach. He works the players hard and they really respect him. I only had him as a football coach (because I never played baseball) but all the players really respect him as a man and as a coach. The team doesnt have quite as much talent as they have had in the recent past but Holcomb always finds a way to bring whatever they've got out. He has established a program and the players expect to win. ( which we're still trying to establish on the football side...yeah i know). As far as his baseball coaching philosophies and methods, sorry, I have no clue but it seems to work!