PDA

View Full Version : Check Out This Painting

Old Tiger
05-07-2006, 12:26 PM
http://www.opieart.com/img/news/utpainting.jpg

piratebg
05-07-2006, 12:29 PM
This is a very moving piece with a lovely blend of burnt orange and white. Definitely a master piece. :clap:

Chris Hart
05-07-2006, 01:02 PM
Very nice! Is this a one time piece going for 'BIG' bucks, or are they going to sell many replicas? I have a few friends that would love to have one of them.

Cameron Crazy
05-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Nice it makes me want to cry:clap:

un b weavable
05-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Its a piece of crap.

Emerson1
05-07-2006, 04:41 PM
I know, they forgot to put a part showing the scoreboard.

Old Tiger
05-07-2006, 05:11 PM
lol

Leopards,class of 75
05-07-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I know, they forgot to put a part showing the scoreboard. LOL!!!!!

MHSvarsity2007
05-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by un b weavable
Its a piece of crap.

true that :clap:

Old Tiger
05-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by MHSvarsity2007
true that :clap: hater

Emerson1
05-07-2006, 05:42 PM
What school do you like instead, A&M or OU?

MHSvarsity2007
05-07-2006, 05:47 PM

ick. no OU...texas tech fo' sho'...A&M is alright from time to time.

un b weavable
05-07-2006, 06:17 PM

Unfortunately, A&M. I dont have that much of a problem with texas, really. I just cant stand vince young.

Old Tiger
05-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Honestly why weavable

Emerson1
05-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Everyone is jealous of Vince Young.

RMAC
05-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Everyone is jealous of Vince Young.

Just b/c somebody doesn't like another person doesn't make them jealous. Look at it this way; I don't like Osama bin Laden but oh, trust me, I don't want to be him.

Steer Fever
05-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Well I guess all the UT fans better keep enjoying this lucky run they had cuz it wont happen again for awhile.
Boomer Sooner Baby

Old Tiger
05-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Alright guys lets not turn this into a bash thread...

District303aPastPlayer
05-07-2006, 11:08 PM
thats an amazing painting

pirate44
05-08-2006, 06:05 AM
dont think its a painting. it looks like a photoshop job. nice collage though.

Old Tiger
05-08-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
dont think its a painting. it looks like a photoshop job. nice collage though. Here is the link to the article (http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=40&url_article_id=2071&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2)

pirate4state
05-08-2006, 09:28 AM
dont think its a painting. it looks like a photoshop job. nice collage though. LOL ~~~ that's what you get for thinking! :evillaugh :p

Originally posted by Tiger WR
Here is the link to the article. (http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=40&url_article_id=2071&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2)
;) :D

pirate44
05-08-2006, 09:47 AM
according to the site the "giclées on canvas" are digitally produced, then "touched up" by the artist.

pirate44
05-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL ~~~ that's what you get for thinking! :evillaugh :p

;) :D

according to the FAQ on his site:

Q: What is the difference between a Giclee' print and a regular print?
A: A giclee (pronounced zhe-clay) is a type of digitally created fine art print. Opie's Giclee works are available in small editions on canvas. Each work is retouched and enhanced by Opie. Each Giclee is a digital print that is created on special high resolution "Iris" printers using archival inks, media and strict printmaking standards. Giclee fine art reproductions are recognized as "the next best thing to owning original artwork" and they can be found in art museums and the top galleries all over the world.

pirate4state
05-08-2006, 10:24 AM
according to the FAQ on his site:

Q: What is the difference between a Giclee' print and a regular print?
A: A giclee (pronounced zhe-clay) is a type of digitally created fine art print. Opie's Giclee works are available in small editions on canvas. Each work is retouched and enhanced by Opie. Each Giclee is a digital print that is created on special high resolution "Iris" printers using archival inks, media and strict printmaking standards. Giclee fine art reproductions are recognized as "the next best thing to owning original artwork" and they can be found in art museums and the top galleries all over the world.

:nerd: :nerd:

:D

Adidas410s
05-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Steer Fever
Well I guess all the UT fans better keep enjoying this lucky run they had cuz it wont happen again for awhile.
Boomer Sooner Baby

why don't you go back to your home on WHORE ISLAND!!! :mad:

MHSvarsity2007
05-08-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
why don't you go back to your home on WHORE ISLAND!!! :mad:

ooooh burn

Adidas410s
05-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
Just b/c somebody doesn't like another person doesn't make them jealous. Look at it this way; I don't like Osama bin Laden but oh, trust me, I don't want to be him.

good one dumbo! :thumbsup:

mustang04
05-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
horrible analogy

un b weavable
05-08-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
horrible analogy

I thought it was pretty good.

mustang04
05-08-2006, 10:47 AM
I thought it was pretty good.

no....just horrible

Adidas410s
05-08-2006, 10:51 AM
no....just horrible

how is it bad? He made a relevant comparison in that "just because you don't like what somebody has done does NOT mean that you are jealous/envious of their accomplishments." There really isn't anybody better to compare with to make that an obvious point.

mustang04
05-08-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
how is it bad? He made a relevant comparison in that "just because you don't like what somebody has done does NOT mean that you are jealous/envious of their accomplishments." There really isn't anybody better to compare with to make that an obvious point.

but there are different reasons for disliking...im pretty sure whoever said that the others were just jealous knows that just cuz u dont like someone doesnt mean ur jealous...i know that fact too...but the analogy RMAC used, c'mon, comparing a guy who is a world threat and commits manslaughter through terrorism to Vince Young...thats apples and oranges, i have alot of friends who would always tell me they didnt like VY and they never gave a legit reason....if he was playin for their team they would be singing a different tune

un b weavable
05-08-2006, 10:55 AM
So does this mean i have to like vince young since everyone else worships him and bashes anyone who has a different opinion?

mustang04
05-08-2006, 10:58 AM
So does this mean i have to like vince young since everyone else worships him and bashes anyone who has a different opinion?

no...but a legit reason why you dislike him when ur gonna come on and bash him would be nice...this thread was meant for UT's accomplishment in football this year, and if someone is going to come on here, go against the flow, and bash VY, then they should at least have a good reason

un b weavable
05-08-2006, 11:04 AM
OK, i'll admit i bashed UT a little bit by saying the painting was crap, but i'll guarantee im not the only person to ever talk crap on here. I was just having a little fun. I never "bashed" VY. All i said about VY is that i dont like him. I think he's full of himself.

mustang04
05-08-2006, 11:08 AM
OK, i'll admit i bashed UT a little bit by saying the painting was crap, but i'll guarantee im not the only person to ever talk crap on here. I was just having a little fun. I never "bashed" VY. All i said about VY is that i dont like him. I think he's full of himself.

thats better....i dont care if ppl have their opinions about UT or VY, hell..i like tech, and a&m too! but i just cant stand when someone comes on here and bashes UT and/or VY without ever stating why....ppl can dislike them with good reason...but ive seen SEVERAL times that when someone starts becoming succeessful, envy takes over in even their friends and they start bashing, and i know ur not the only one, i guess i just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning:D well...actually i slept on the couch...:thinking:

Adidas410s
05-08-2006, 11:24 AM
but there are different reasons for disliking...im pretty sure whoever said that the others were just jealous knows that just cuz u dont like someone doesnt mean ur jealous...i know that fact too...but the analogy RMAC used, c'mon, comparing a guy who is a world threat and commits manslaughter through terrorism to Vince Young...thats apples and oranges, i have alot of friends who would always tell me they didnt like VY and they never gave a legit reason....if he was playin for their team they would be singing a different tune

I wasn't going to get into WHAT their accomplishments were...and I don't think that RMAC was either by any means. Instead, he was making the point that just because a person may not like somebody (regardless of their reasons or lack their of) doesn't mean that you are automatically jealous of that person and wish you had done the same things that they had done.

I hope that is a politically correct way of clearing it up! ;)

AggieJohn
05-08-2006, 12:34 PM
so a austin hippie made a picture ....what else is new?

Gobbla2001
05-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

Haha... how true...

I also like the "Piece of crap" one too because it fit there following "Piece of art etc..."...

I'm a UT fan btw...

It's funny guys, lighten up...

pirate44
05-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
that's funny