PDA

View Full Version : Snyder--Midland Greenwood Baseball Playoff Game!

mrescape43
05-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Top 2nd

0-0

mrescape43
05-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Top 3rd

Snyder 2

Greenwood 0

DaHop72
05-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Top 3rd

Snyder 2

Greenwood 0
Snyder 5
Greenwood 0
Btm 4th

mrescape43
05-05-2006, 08:26 PM
nm

DaHop72
05-05-2006, 08:30 PM
nm :D :D

DaHop72
05-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Snyder 6
Greenwood 0
Top of 5th.

mrescape43
05-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Top 6th

Snyder 6

Greenwood 0

mrescape43
05-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Snyder 11

Greenwood 0

Pitching change for Greenwood.

mrescape43
05-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Final

Snyder 12

Greenwood 0

Congrats to the Tigers and good luck in the next round.

Snyder_TigerFan
05-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Congrats to the Tigers. Sounds like a good outing by Day.

mrescape43
05-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Lance had either 9 or 10 K's. I don't know hit and walk total as I am on duty and we have been in the middle of a storm.

DaHop72
05-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Lance had either 9 or 10 K's. I don't know hit and walk total as I am on duty and we have been in the middle of a storm.
Dang it , don't I know it. Lost power at the house for an hour and 15 mins. What a bummer.

GWOOD
05-05-2006, 11:14 PM
That was a long game for us Greenwood fans. Snyder totally dominated. Funny thing is, Day didn't seem that overpowering but how do you argue with a two-hit shutout. He had three walks and three hit batters and seemed wild at times. But we only had three solid hits all night and only two of them were base hits.

The thing that impressed me the most was the hitting from #'s 6-9. I think they got at least as many hits as 1-5, if not more.

Good luck against the Perryton Rangers next week.

mrescape43
05-06-2006, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
That was a long game for us Greenwood fans. Snyder totally dominated. Funny thing is, Day didn't seem that overpowering but how do you argue with a two-hit shutout. He had three walks and three hit batters and seemed wild at times. But we only had three solid hits all night and only two of them were base hits.

The thing that impressed me the most was the hitting from #'s 6-9. I think they got at least as many hits as 1-5, if not more.

Good luck against the Perryton Rangers next week.

Lance hasn't really been totally on since the last time we played Sweetwater. In 2 or 3 games he hit 87-88 on the radar gun. He is a sophomore and will only get better. He pitched 4 plus games in district and his arm may be a bit tired.
The hitters 6-9 are 1 frosh, 2 sophs, and a Jr so they will be back next year.

GWOOD
05-06-2006, 07:56 AM
Midland Reporter Telegram

ANDREWS -- The Greenwood baseball team made an impressive run to reach the Class 3A playoffs, rallying from a slow start to clinch a postseason berth in a one-game showdown Tuesday against Pecos. But the Rangers' momentum was halted by a strong Snyder team Friday in the bi-district round.

The Tigers stroked 16 hits against three Greenwood pitchers, while Lance Day tossed a two-hit shutout as Snyder won 12-0 in six innings.

"The last three weeks have been an uphill battle for us," said Greenwood coach Joe Williamson, whose team made its fifth consecutive postseason appearance. "We've been in the playoffs for six weeks. I think our tanks just finally went dry."

The Rangers (16-11) had an opportunity to get off to a fast start, loading the bases with two outs on two hit batters and a single, but couldn't push a run across. It proved to be one of the few chances Greenwood had against Day, who overcame five free passes by striking out eight and rarely allowing solid contact.

Greenwood's pitching staff had its hands full against a Tigers lineup that displayed superb balance. The bulk of the damage was done by the last four batters in Snyder's order, led by a combined six hits from Jesse Conner and Ryan Mitchell.

"I'm real pleased with the way we played," Snyder coach Charles Bollinger said. "We came out and scored runs. We started off a little slow, but finally got our timing down a little bit and executed a little better. The bottom part of our lineup did an excellent job today."

The Tigers (22-10) got to Rangers starter Dean Smith for four earned runs on nine hits in 3 1/3 innings. Snyder took a 2-0 lead after the second inning on an RBI triple by Dustin Murdock, and a run-scoring double by Conner.

Snyder added another in the third and two more in the fourth as the Rangers committed errors on consecutive sacrifice bunt attempts. Brent Bollinger took advantage of a bases-loaded at bat by punching a two-run single through the middle of the infield.

The Tigers had the game well in hand by the sixth inning, breaking the game open with a six-run frame. The big hit was a two-run single by Day to push the lead to 9-0.

With the win Snyder advances to the area round to play Perryton. Greenwood's playoff run ended in the bi-district round for the fifth straight season.