PDA

View Full Version : Mcnair to Ravens

Gobbler Fan
05-05-2006, 05:07 PM
May 5, 2006
CBS SportsLine.com staff and wire reports

The Baltimore Ravens and Steve McNair have reached agreement on the parameters of a deal that will pay the veteran Pro Bowl quarterback a signing bonus of close to $11 million and another $1 million in base salary this season, NFL.com's Adam Schefter is reporting.

McNair's $12 million from Baltimore would exceed the $9 million he was due to make in Tennessee. Last weekend, the Titans gave McNair's representative, Bus Cook, permission to negotiate with the Ravens. It didn't take them long to strike an agreement. Now it's just a matter of how and when the Titans want to end their relationship with McNair.

When they do, it will be financially rewarding. Once McNair is traded or released, the Titans will free up $9 million against their salary cap -- money they can use to sign their No. 1 draft pick, quarterback Vince Young, and rookie running back LenDale White.

Wow I hope they dont throw Vince into the fire from the get-go .

piratebg
05-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Time to see what VY is made of.......

GreenMonster
05-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Billy Volek will be the #1 and Vince will be the #2. I bet Vince never thought on draft day that he would be the reason his idol left town instead the man that replaces him when he retired.

wedo
05-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Time to see what VY is made of.......

i bet that he is thrown in there by the end of the season!!
i hope not though b/c he won't be ready and then we will have to hear everybody say that he is not an NFL qb!!

Leopards,class of 75
05-07-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by wedo
i bet that he is thrown in there by the end of the season!!
i hope not though b/c he won't be ready and then we will have to hear everybody say that he is not an NFL qb!! You have a very good point!!! I hope(if he gets put in there this season) he surprises us all and does well. He really needs some time to watch and learn. Best of luck to V.Y.

Old Tiger
05-07-2006, 05:28 PM
I was watching the NFL Network and they were interview Fischer and Fischer told his reciever that was a co-host on the show that he's going to be impressed with how awesome Vince looks and that he has excellent speed and accuracy.