PDA

View Full Version : VY shows some love

piratebg
05-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Updated: May 4, 2006, 1:06 AM ET
Young gives draft-day jersey to fan with Hodgkin'sAssociated Press

HEMPSTEAD, Texas -- New Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young didn't hold onto his draft day jersey for long. He's passed it on to a 12-year-old fan with Hodgkin's Disease.

Young went No. 3 overall in the draft, behind Mario Williams and Reggie Bush.

Young responded Wednesday to a request from Houston Texans linebacker coach Johnny Holland to visit with Archie Taylor Jr. Archie was diagnosed with the lymphatic cancer in December.

Young, who led the Longhorns to a win over Southern California in January's national championship game, autographed the jersey and called the meeting a "blessing."

"To see him smile right now, that's very exciting for me," he told Houston television station KRIV.

Archie, who vowed to root for the Titans when they play the Texans, said he had a great day.

"It means a lot to me," he said. "I like his skills and how he plays. I like his friendship."

Hempstead is about 50 miles northwest of Houston.

Adidas410s
05-05-2006, 08:43 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
05-05-2006, 09:26 AM
What a great guy on the field and off. He will be really great someday!

Buccaneer
05-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Vince has skills!

vet93
05-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Of course it took an old Aggie (Johnny Holland" to make the suggestion to see the young man......;)

Originally posted by piratebg

Young responded Wednesday to a request from Houston Texans linebacker coach Johnny Holland to visit with Archie Taylor Jr. Archie was diagnosed with the lymphatic cancer in December.

pirate4state
05-05-2006, 01:44 PM
Very nice gesture. :)