PDA

View Full Version : Another 3A projected realignment..

Horseymen
01-29-2004, 05:41 AM
I have it on good authority from the people at www.texasprepxtra.com (http://www.texasprepxtra.com) that this will be the 3A projected realignment they will LIKELY release tomorrow. A crack covert mission stole this from them.

We invite you to criticize it and tear it up. The same source told me your criticisms will be considered for the final one that gets sent out to their newspaper editor mailing list they have.

They noted the inequities between Region I & II and III & IV necessitated two byes in Region I and II.

Region I -- 38 teams
Region II -- 37 teams
Region III -- 48 teams
Region IV -- 41 teams
Total -- 164 teams

You wanted the 2.1 disparity, this is what happens at a glance. 4 and 5 team districts and byes. Enjoy and criticize away!

Range: 435 to 914

REGION I

1-3A

Borger
Canyon
Perryton
Amarillo River Road
Dalhart

2-3A -- BYE

3-3A

Brownfield
Lubbock Cooper
Littlefield
Levelland
Seminole
Lamesa

4-3A

Pecos
Ft. Stockton
Monahans
Midland Greenwood
Snyder
Sweetwater

5-3A

Abilene Wylie
Clyde
Comanche
Early
Breckenridge
Glen Rose

6-3A

Vernon
Iowa Park
Wichita Falls Hirschi
Graham
Bowie

7-3A

Decatur
Bridgeport
Lake Worth
Venus
River Oaks Castleberry

8-3A

Sanger
Gainesville
Little Elm
Van Alstyne
Pilot Point

--

REGION II

9-3A

Bonham
Princeton
Nevada
Royce City
Whitesboro

10-3A -- BYE

11-3A

Dallas Madison
Wilmer Hutchins
Crandall
Ferris
Roosevelt

12-3A

Kaufman
Wills Point
Van
Canton
Kemp
Brownsboro

13-3A

COMMERCE
EMORY RAINS
MOUNT VERNON
WINNSBORO
PITTSBURG

14-3A

DAINGERFIELD
ATLANTA
NEW BOSTON
LIBERTY-EYLAU
PLEASANT GROVE

15-3A

TYLER CHAPEL HILL
BULLARD
RUSK
PALESTINE WESTWOOD
PALESTINE

16-3A

GILMER
GLADEWATER
LONGVIEW SPRING HILL
JEFFERSON
GLADEWATER SABINE
CARTHAGE

DISTRICT 17-3A
ROBINSON
CHINA SPRING
HILLSBORO
WACO CONNALLY
WACO LA VEGA
WEST
WHITNEY
GATESVILLE

DISTRICT 18-3A
CALDWELL
CAMERON YOE
ROCKDALE
LORENA
MARLIN

DISTRICT 19-3A
CROCKETT
FAIRFIELD
GROESBECK
MADISONVILLE
MEXIA

DISTRICT 20-3A
DIBOLL
HUNTINGTON
JASPER
KIRBYVILLE
SILSBEE
WEST ORANGE-STARK

DISTRICT 21-3A
BUNA
BRIDGE CITY
HAMSHIRE-FANNETT
HARDIN-JEFFERSON
ORANGEFIELD

DISTRICT 22-3A
COLDSPRING JONES
BARBERS HILL
CLEVELAND
HUFFMAN HARGRAVE
LIBERTY
SHEPHERD
SPLENDORA
CLEVELAND TARKINGTON

DISTRICT 23-3A
NAVASOTA
STAFFORD
HEMPSTEAD
COLUMBUS
SEALY
BELLVILLE

DISTRICT 24-3A
HUTTO
GIDDINGS
LA GRANGE
MANOR
SMITHVILLE

DISTRICT 25-3A
INGRAM MOORE
LIBERTY HILL
LLANO
WIMBERLEY

DISTRICT 26-3A
LA VERNIA
POTEET
SOMERSET
SOUTH SAN ANTONIO WEST

DISTRICT 27-3A
CUERO
GONZALES
GOLIAD
LULING
YOAKUM

DISTRICT 28-3A
WEST COLUMBIA
NEEDVILLE
PALACIOS
SWEENY
EDNA
WHARTON

DISTRICT 29-3A
BANDERA
CARRIZO SPRINGS
CRYSTAL CITY
DEVINE
HONDO
PEARSALL

DISTRICT 30-3A
ARANSAS PASS
CC WEST OSO
INGLESIDE
SINTON
MATHIS

DISTRICT 31-3A
FALFURRIAS
ORANGE GROVE
SAN DIEGO
RAYMONDVILLE
ZAPATA

DISTRICT 32-3A
HIDALGO
LA FERIA
LYFORD
PORT ISABEL
PROGRESO
RIO HONDO

Matthew328
01-29-2004, 07:47 AM
Region 3 folks which 2 teams in 22-3A are geographically closest to the 21-3A teams???

About what I expected...lots of 5 team districts

eagle.eyes
01-29-2004, 08:21 AM
Liberty only 15 min. to HJ and HF. BH 30-45 min. to both.

<small>[ January 29, 2004, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: eagle.eyes ]</small>

Junkyard
01-29-2004, 09:35 AM
Need to switch WOS and Buna. They wont have WOS and Silsbee drive through Buna to get to the rest of the district, but if you swtich WOS and Buna then there would be no crossoing of district lines.

Old No. 7
01-29-2004, 09:59 AM
I believe Buna will move to 20-3a and WOS will be in 21-3a. Everything else (20-21) looks good. I'm ready. :)

JasperDog94
01-29-2004, 09:59 AM
Junkyard:
Need to switch WOS and Buna. They wont have WOS and Silsbee drive through Buna to get to the rest of the district, but if you swtich WOS and Buna then there would be no crossoing of district lines.Or just put WOS in that district. I just hope that Jasper gets a shot at WOS next year.

Junkyard
01-29-2004, 10:00 AM
JasperDog94:

Junkyard:
Need to switch WOS and Buna. They wont have WOS and Silsbee drive through Buna to get to the rest of the district, but if you swtich WOS and Buna then there would be no crossoing of district lines.Or just put WOS in that district. I just hope that Jasper gets a shot at WOS next year.Well from what I hear if they are not in the same district they will play in zero week.

KTJ
01-29-2004, 10:14 AM
Don't believe this. The UIL will do everything it can to NOT have 5 team districts.

Horseymen
01-29-2004, 10:23 AM
Okay, let's hypothetically say there are only 160 teams in 3A. (There may be more like 170, but let's say 160 for round number sake) -- do you risk having up to 6-8 byes to have 6-8 team districts? What do you do in W. Texas where it only makes sense to have 5 teams in a district? There's almost 150 miles between 1-3A and 2-3A teams in that sense.

JasperDog94
01-29-2004, 10:45 AM
If you do have 5 team districts, you'll have to really suck to not make the playoffs. You're gonna have lots of teams with losing records in the playoffs.

GETBACKCOACH
01-29-2004, 10:45 AM
I know Matt and Alan have put a lot of time on this, but no way. The UIL stays away from odd districts at all cost. It is a scheduling nightmare for AD's. Also, no way some districts will have 8 and others 4. 3A is a problem, so now I hope people will UIL a break when they do the best they can with trying to keep the playing field level. If this is the number of teams between 935 and 435, I predict UIL will make the numbers below 900 and below 400 just because they have no other alternative. What is difference on the playing filed from 2.1 and 2.3??? Just my opinion but feel pretty confident in what I just said.

Matthew328
01-29-2004, 10:57 AM
Odd numbered districts aren't near the problem they used to be with the addition of Zero Week...look at how many 7 team districts we have now as opposed to what there used to be...

Cat22
01-29-2004, 10:59 AM
I like the way district 21 looks, but I don't see it happening that way. If West Orange Stark does drop, then whatever district Orangefield and Bridge City are in I'm sure that WOS will be in that district also, considering these three towns are about 5 miles apart.

GETBACKCOACH
01-29-2004, 11:11 AM
Mathew,
The reason West Texas likes 6 team districts is because this is one less game they have to look for. If you can't find a team for them in a district, then who are they suppossed to play? Zero week has help but no way has eliminated the scheduling problems. The seven teams are way better than five. Six games vs four games to schedule.

bccards
01-29-2004, 11:28 AM
Buna will be taken care of.. They will be placed in a weaker 3A District (meaning, away from Jasper) since Dr. B is a Buna Grad. Buna will be in whatever district is weaker. They may also drop to 2A Before too long.

Old No. 7
01-29-2004, 01:02 PM
bccards:
Buna will be taken care of.. They will be placed in a weaker 3A District (meaning, away from Jasper) since Dr. B is a Buna Grad. Buna will be in whatever district is weaker. They may also drop to 2A Before too long.I've heard this for years but never believed it. This year I think I'm going to find out the truth. wink

Ray_BearKat
01-29-2004, 02:54 PM
I was wondering when I would see an alignment with Raymodville moving to district 31-3A...I knew a lot teams were going to 2A from that district. Why wouldn't they take Lyford along with us? They are only 4 miles away from us? I hope this really doesn't happen.

Horseymen
01-29-2004, 03:10 PM
Okay..

Who do you move from 3-3A to 1-3A to make that a 6 team district?

And then, who do you move from 4-3A to 3-3A to make that a 6 team district. The chain reaction continues all the way until you need to start adding two teams again.

I know they don't LIKE to do odd number teams and byes, but they almost have to unless they want to create about 10 schools who have to travel almost 5,000 extra miles. I agree, with 0 week and A LOT of 5 team districts, the flexibility is there. If you get week 8 as a bye, there will be 5 or 6 other teams at least within neutral meeting distance that would be a bye on week 8 as well. And if that doesn't work out, 0 week. I think we had 4 Metroplex big districts with an odd number last year.

That's why we posted it here first before we posted it on our own boards. To see if we could solve some of these problems.

We posted that one option we were highly considering was to pretend that the UIL says screw it, there has always been a disparity in 3A football and that's just the way it is. We'll knock it down to 2.25 disparity, say it's the best disparity in the history of 3A football, and apologize we couldn't get it to 2.0 or 2.1.

When we said that, we had two different coaches contact us and say .. if the disparity doesn't get to at least the October 2003 recommended model of 2.14, people will get fired and heads will roll. This is not a luxury, this is a necessity.

I wouldn't mind some of you guys playing with it. Just with Region I -- align Region I with 6 teams in each district. There's only 38. So you have 5 6 team districts and an 8 team district with two byes.

The challenge is on!

PPHSfan
01-29-2004, 11:16 PM
JasperDog94:
If you do have 5 team districts, you'll have to really suck to not make the playoffs. You're gonna have lots of teams with losing records in the playoffs..
I don't understand your math. Fourth place is fourth place in a six team district or an eight team district. Does a team "suck" more when they come in fourth in a five team district than they do in a six team district?

The only difference is you now play either 4 district games, or better yet 8 district games with both teams getting home field advantage in the same year, and then only playing 2 non district games.

I personally think five team districts would be better if that were the case.

JasperDog94
01-29-2004, 11:21 PM
PPHSfan:
I don't understand your math. Fourth place is fourth place in a six team district or an eight team district. Does a team "suck" more when they come in fourth in a five team district than they do in a six team district?YES!

If you finish 4th out of 5, chances are you suck. If you finish 4th out of 9, like the 4A Beaumont region, then chances are, you're above average and don't suck. (at least not as bad)

Old Green
01-30-2004, 06:26 AM
Horseymen:
Okay, let's hypothetically say there are only 160 teams in 3A. (There may be more like 170, but let's say 160 for round number sake) -- do you risk having up to 6-8 byes to have 6-8 team districts? What do you do in W. Texas where it only makes sense to have 5 teams in a district? There's almost 150 miles between 1-3A and 2-3A teams in that sense.That's the way 3A was in the 70's.