PDA

View Full Version : Great words again...

SintonFan
05-05-2006, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan at 09-16-2004 10:49 PM:

LOL, guys, just an FYI... To be a moderator doesn't necessarily mean that you will have 100 posts per week and ROM the heck out of everybody... (although sometimes that is needed...)

Folks who have been on here a while know that being a moderator sometimes means not getting post as much because you spend lots of time "lurking" and not much time posting.

Don't worry, my skin is thick enough to ignore comments like "...other moderators not doing much anymore... power trips..." LOL...

And as far as this topic goes, the Bear would love to say a couple of things...

1.) There are a bunch of incorrect genralities about the "old downlow". Like, all the folks from the old downlow are "made" and have 1000s of posts. Wrong. Lots of folks were around then and didn't post much at all. Others only talked football and ignored the other stuff. Nothing wrong with either of those things. But they were just as much a part of the old "low" as the rest of us.... Eye of the Tiger fit into one of those categories... but he was a big part of the Old low...

2.) The "new Downlow" thing tickles me. I sorta feel like this same thing happens each year at the beginning of the season. A lot of folks find the site during the season, then during offseason a smaller group has a good time and gets to know each other pretty well. Then, when football season starts, lots of new members come in and feel a little intimidated by the "closeness" of the group that just spent time on the board during the offseason. Folks... this happens every year. Some of the newbies this year will be thinking of themselves as oldies next season and jumping on newbies themselves.

3.) Now for my favorite part... I don't feel like this board should be run to please the perceived "old downlowers" or the "new downlowers..." The downlow is simply the downlow.... to be used by everyone as long as they register and play by the rules. And they are very broad rules...

So perhaps everyone might consider the following...

LIGHTEN UP. IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO MAKE PERSONAL ATTACKS, GO ELSEWHERE.

NO MATTER HOW MANY POSTS SOMEONE HAS, WE ALL HAVE TO USE THE SAME SCREENS TO READ AND POST.

IF SOMEONE PUSHES YOUR BUTTONS, USE THE IGNORE FEATURE.

DON'T PUSH OTHER MEMBERS BUTTONS AND EXPECT TO BE EVERYONE'S FAVORITE.

IF YOU HAVE THIN SKIN, THINK TWICE ABOUT CONTENT BEFORE YOU POST.

CONSIDER WHAT YOU POST ON HERE TO BE BROADCAST WORLDWIDE.

GIVE THE OTHER POSTER THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT. LET STUFF SLIDE SOMETIMES.

DON'T EXPECT THE BOARD TO REFLECT YOUR WORLDVIEWS AND BE A CHARACTER BUILDING EXPERIENCE.

and last but not least...

IF THIS BOARD GETS TO SERIOUS TO YOU, GO OUTSIDE AND LOOK AT SOME TREES.

Just one humble "not quite hibernating as a moderator" Sleepy Bear's opinions and guidelines he moderates with.

Please try to have some fun folks.

I digged deep for these...:D
Stop hybernating fren... :p

SintonFan
05-05-2006, 01:21 AM
Ohh, has the off-season started yet?:clap: