PDA

View Full Version : Giving pitch location?

kepdawg
05-04-2006, 09:27 PM
What do you high school softball/baseball fans think about a runner on 2nd giving the batter pitch location?

Buccaneer
05-04-2006, 09:32 PM
its part of the game

crabman
05-04-2006, 09:50 PM
If you're not cheating, your not trying. If you're getting caught, you're not trying hard enough.

strike hard
05-04-2006, 09:51 PM
If they are giving it away that much why not.

GreenMonster
05-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
What do you high school softball/baseball fans think about a runner on 2nd giving the batter pitch location?

It's a good way to get your buddy drilled in the head. Another thing, don't try to steal my signs from second either. That will get both you and your buddy drilled in the head. It may be part of the game but so is retaliation. You play your games and we'll come into second spikes up. We didn't play dirty, we played hard. The way the game is supposed to be played.

pirate4state
05-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
It's a good way to get your buddy drilled in the head. Another thing, don't try to steal my signs from second either. That will get both you and your buddy drilled in the head. It may be part of the game but so is retaliation. You play your games and we'll come into second spikes up. We didn't play dirty, we played hard. The way the game is supposed to be played.

:eek: :eek: Drilled in the head??? :eek: :eek:

sahen
05-04-2006, 10:10 PM
this is a baseball player here....i agree GM, if your dumb enough to get caught then your gonna pay the price.....of course i never stole signs...........;)

GreenMonster
05-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: :eek: Drilled in the head??? :eek: :eek:

Yes indeed. We had a bean ball call, I'll admit it. It was simple, middle finger. Plus, if you are going after someone go high and inside. If it doesn't hit them it certainly will get their attention. I'll also admit we played our own games with our runners at second. None of this was taught to us just learned by us in summer ball. An eye for an eye.

VWG
05-04-2006, 10:17 PM
It's part of the game.
Tug your jersey for a breaking pitch. Adjust your helmet for a fastball...etc........
On retaliation... yeah, it's there, but the umpire and crew have to control the game. If any high school pitcher throws at a batter with the intent to bean him, I know guys that will toss the guy out quicker than you can spit on the ground.

GreenMonster
05-04-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by VWG
It's part of the game.
Tug your jersey for a breaking pitch. Adjust your helmet for a fastball...etc........
On retaliation... yeah, it's there, but the umpire and crew have to control the game. If any high school pitcher throws at a batter with the intent to bean him, I know guys that will toss the guy out quicker than you can spit on the ground.

I wouldn't have put it past us to "allow" an umpire to take a direct shot behind the plate on occasion. My pet peeves as a catcher towards umpires: Leaning on me, don't do it. Telling me locations you won't call a strike at. That plate has corners and I'm going to exploit them. If you don't call them I will hold my spot for an extra count or two and drag my fans into it. Not many high school umps handle that very well. And last but not least, give me the damn ball don't try to throw it back to my pitcher. You couldn't hit water if you fell out of a boat so don't make my pitcher labor any more than he already has to!

loyalleopard
05-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Crap, all this talk about bean ball and such. If you ain't smart enough to hide you signs, you deserve them to be stolen. On the other hand though, If you ain't smart enough to give the batter signs from second base, you deserve to be beaned. Then maybe that will knock some sense into you.

Johnnypaycheck
05-05-2006, 08:00 AM
I wouldn't have put it past us to "allow" an umpire to take a direct shot behind the plate on occasion. My pet peeves as a catcher towards umpires: Leaning on me, don't do it. Telling me locations you won't call a strike at. That plate has corners and I'm going to exploit them. If you don't call them I will hold my spot for an extra count or two and drag my fans into it. Not many high school umps handle that very well. And last but not least, give me the damn ball don't try to throw it back to my pitcher. You couldn't hit water if you fell out of a boat so don't make my pitcher labor any more than he already has to!

LOL! the next coming of Johnny Bench!

neck_06
05-05-2006, 08:11 AM
trying to steal signs and locations from second base is all part of the game. if they are dumb enough to throw down one sign with a runner on second, make them pay.

BTEXDAD
05-05-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
LOL! the next coming of Johnny Bench!
LOL, nice paycheck.
I can remember when an opposing pitcher threw at one of our batters in high school. There was a bench clearing brawl and one of our older coaches who was kind of fat and bald headed went after one of the other team's young pitchers. The pitcher threw him to the ground and I thought the old coach was gonna have a heart attack right there.
No, wait, that was the Yankees against the red sox. Well, it could have happened in high school.

pirate4state
05-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
LOL, nice paycheck.
I can remember when an opposing pitcher threw at one of our batters in high school. There was a bench clearing brawl and one of our older coaches who was kind of fat and bald headed went after one of the other team's young pitchers. The pitcher threw him to the ground and I thought the old coach was gonna have a heart attack right there.
No, wait, that was the Yankees against the red sox. Well, it could have happened in high school. LMAO!! I loved when Pedro slammed that guy to the ground!! :evillaugh