PDA

View Full Version : Texas/OU to remain in dallas till 2010

AggieJohn
05-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Texas-OU to stay put through 2010

Texas-OU is staying in Dallas. Texas and Oklahoma officials have agreed to a new five-year contract that will keep their football series at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas until 2010, said Pete Schenkel, vice chairman of the State Fair of Texas and member of the AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic executive committee. Both schools had a current deal that ran through 2008, but both teams could opt out of the contract after the 2007 game. This new deal would effectively replace the old one and begin this season.

PhiI C
05-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Horay! Now Dallas gets get those major improvements done as soon as possible and don't wait till 2010 to do it.

Adidas410s
05-04-2006, 09:56 PM
no worries...."Jerry Land" is set to open up in Arlington in 2009 so expect the game to move over there after they can get the kinks in the new stadium worked out! :thumbsup:

buffpride
05-04-2006, 10:14 PM
More than likely the game will be moved after the new stadium is up but it will not be the same as it being held at the Cotton Bowl. For some of us "older folks", it has been tradition to see that game at the Cotton Bowl. It will be a sad day when it is moved.

PHS Wildcats
05-04-2006, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by buffpride
More than likely the game will be moved after the new stadium is up but it will not be the same as it being held at the Cotton Bowl. For some of us "older folks", it has been tradition to see that game at the Cotton Bowl. It will be a sad day when it is moved.

I'm not even 30 and I agree with you.

KTJ
05-09-2006, 05:01 PM
That game won't go to Jerryworld if Deloss is still around. It will go home/home before it goes to Ag-town. Now, the actually Cotton Bowl game (on Jan 1) will go to Jerryworld. I think that's a given, especially if they want the Cotton Bowl to become the 5th BCS game--which they do.

With that said, no one cares about stadium upgrades. Just keep it at the Cotton Bowl. Stadium upgrades are for wussy folks.