PDA

View Full Version : Sink Hole D Mayo

Buccaneer
05-04-2006, 12:32 PM
I received this email today:
Friday, May 5 is a special day.

Across the nation, true Americans will unite in protest.

It is National NO TACO day!

No one will go to Taco Bell or any other Mexican restaurant.
(If you must go, do not order a Taco.)

Gobbla2001
05-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer

I'll go to Taco Bell and order a cheeseburger...

pirate44
05-04-2006, 12:39 PM

taco bell makes tacos??

Gobbla2001
05-04-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
taco bell makes tacos??

that's a good point... it's an american owned company that doesn't really make authentic mexican food anyway...

pirate44
05-04-2006, 12:45 PM
i think they call them, zesty ground beef wraps

zeus63
05-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i think they call them, zesty ground beef wraps

But is it even really beef? They store that stuff in plastic lined 55 gallon drums, can't be just real high grade meat we are talking about.

mistanice
05-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by zeus63
But is it even really beef? They store that stuff in plastic lined 55 gallon drums, can't be just real high grade meat we are talking about.

that's why I dont eat there. How is it they can sell a 2lb burrito for a dollar.

wedo
05-04-2006, 01:17 PM

Hahaha funny man!!!! "Sike Not Really"

raider red 2000
05-04-2006, 01:21 PM
what are yall going to eat????

CRACKERS

pirate4state
05-04-2006, 01:22 PM

First of all: Taco Bell is not a Mexican restaurant. I don't care what anyone says...what they sell is not mexican food. :hairpunk:

Secondly: I don't know any Texan that can go w/o a taco/burrito or whatever else you call it for a WHOLE DAY? :D :D

GOFOR2
05-04-2006, 01:31 PM
what is the deal?
Mexicans arent taking quality jobs, its not like they are making off with much anyway. The people who employ the illegals are just as guilty for hiring them to begin with, but I aint heard anyone complain about that.
While I am on my soapbox, gas prices are not high because oil companies are greedy. They have always been greedy, but prices are not high because of their insatiable appetite for profits.
I am tired of this Mexican garbage. I am tired about hearing about gas prices. If you have a problem with either one just dont support it or them, but lets not try to creat divisiveness.

Both of these things are the cause of Supply and Demand. Economics 101.

wedo
05-04-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
what is the deal?
Mexicans arent taking quality jobs, its not like they are making off with much anyway. The people who employ the illegals are just as guilty for hiring them to begin with, but I aint heard anyone complain about that.
While I am on my soapbox, gas prices are not high because oil companies are greedy. They have always been greedy, but prices are not high because of their insatiable appetite for profits.
I am tired of this Mexican garbage. I am tired about hearing about gas prices. If you have a problem with either one just dont support it or them, but lets not try to creat divisiveness.

Both of these things are the cause of Supply and Demand. Economics 101.

Word!!!

Adidas410s
05-04-2006, 01:53 PM
what is the deal?
Mexicans arent taking quality jobs, its not like they are making off with much anyway.

They are making off with enough to send a portion of it back to Mexico...where it isn't used in our economy.

raider red 2000
05-04-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
They are making off with enough to send a portion of it back to Mexico...where it isn't used in our economy.

what are people doing when they got to cancun for spring break.

pirate4state
05-04-2006, 02:03 PM

You know what is starting to piss me off? I know that the main reason everyone is discussing Mexican illegals is b/c in Texas that is what we are surrounding by, but why not shift the topic/anger to include the hunderds of thousands of Chinesse, Vietnamese and Middle Eastern people who own every Times Market and/or run down budget hotels on every corner! :mad: :foul:

wedo
05-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

Yeah!!!!!

mistanice
05-04-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You know what is starting to piss me off? I know that the main reason everyone is discussing Mexican illegals is b/c in Texas that is what we are surrounding by, but why not shift the topic/anger to include the hunderds of thousands of Chinesse, Vietnamese and Middle Eastern people who own every Times Market and/or run down budget hotels on every corner! :mad: :foul:

dont forget the Cambodian man that owns the Donut Palace down the road. wait nvm, i dont mind, their kolaches are delicious.

Adidas410s
05-04-2006, 02:07 PM

The heavy majority of Asians in Texas (I can't speak of outside of here) are here legally. That is why I don't hate on them. Additionally, my best friend and his family came here LEGALLY from Taiwan when he was six. There were no ESL programs for him to take part in. They came here...learned the language...learned to adapt to the culture and are just as much an American as anybody else that was born here. They have their own restaurant that they run and it is one of the leading buffet chains throughout West Texas and into New Mexico along with locations in other cities as well.

So you ask why you see people picking more on Hispanics than on Asians and people of other nationalities??? I can answer that in one word...ADAPTATION!!! Think about it...;)

raider red 2000
05-04-2006, 02:08 PM
cambodiam Kolaches- tastes like chicken :)

dont ask what the meat is :D

Adidas410s

umm...that would be called going on a vacation! That would be a few hundred dollars spent over 1 week. Not a few hundred dollars every month for many years. Come on now...try harder than that!

zeus63
Wasn't this thread originally about not eating tacos? I'm angry about the tacos. Burriots too, for that matter. Come I want quality beef. Who's with me?

raider red 2000
05-04-2006, 02:09 PM
The heavy majority of Asians in Texas (I can't speak of outside of here) are here legally. That is why I don't hate on them. Additionally, my best friend and his family came here LEGALLY from Taiwan when he was six. There were no ESL programs for him to take part in. They came here...learned the language...learned to adapt to the culture and are just as much an American as anybody else that was born here. They have their own restaurant that they run and it is one of the leading buffet chains throughout West Texas and into New Mexico along with locations in other cities as well.

So you ask why you see people picking more on Hispanics than on Asians and people of other nationalities??? I can answer that in one word...ADAPTATION!!! Think about it...;)

adapted or assimilated.....good point.

but chinese jokes are still funny.

raider red 2000
05-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Wasn't this thread originally about not eating tacos? I'm angry about the tacos. Burriots too, for that matter. Come I want quality beef. Who's with me?

you are more likely to get real meat at a nasty, hole in the wall, illegally owned mexican eating estabilshment than you will at Micky D's

wedo
umm...that would be called going on a vacation! That would be a few hundred dollars spent over 1 week. Not a few hundred dollars every month for many years. Come on now...try harder than that!

Exactly your spending your money in Mexico! DDDUH!!

mistanice

They pick on them because they breed like mice.

pirate4state
05-04-2006, 02:13 PM
... That is why I don't hate on them. ...

This is the problem too much hate.

raider red 2000
05-04-2006, 02:13 PM
we actually breed like rabbitts.

and yes we send money home to the mother land.

but we support the economy by buying .42 cent stamps that are about to go up in price :)

mistanice
05-04-2006, 02:14 PM
stock up on "Forever" stamps. Great idea.

Adidas410s
05-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
They pick on them because they breed like mice.

illegals coming into America just have to their kids born here...I won't get into that topic. However, I am saying that the refusal to adapt to American culture and instead feeling that they should receive "special treatment" because of their language barrier is why they are singled out. When is the last time you called somewhere and it says "press 1 for English, 2 for Arabic, or 3 for Manderin Chinese?" Exactly...it doesn't happen! ;)

Adidas410s
05-04-2006, 02:17 PM
This is the problem too much hate.
I don't have any hate towards them...it's more of a "slang term" than anything else.

mistanice
05-04-2006, 02:19 PM
illegals coming into America just have to their kids born here...I won't get into that topic. However, I am saying that the refusal to adapt to American culture and instead feeling that they should receive "special treatment" because of their language barrier is why they are singled out. When is the last time you called somewhere and it says "press 1 for English, 2 for Arabic, or 3 for Manderin Chinese?" Exactly...it doesn't happen! ;)

I can't recall. Still doesn't change the fact that people who are Bilingual in English in Spanish are more likely to get the job than someone who only speaks English.

pirate4state
When is the last time you called somewhere and it says "press 1 for English, 2 for Arabic, or 3 for Manderin Chinese?" Exactly...it doesn't happen! ;) True, it hasn't happened but whose to say that it won't? :evillaugh

raider red 2000

who is in power....not the illegals....the peeps in austin are the ones that let the kids have ESL classes....not the illegal parents.

but there are parts of out country where you wont see any english at all.

mc donalds in chinese is tough to order :)

Adidas410s
05-04-2006, 02:20 PM
and yes we send money home to the mother land.

So if you like it so much there...why not go back there? If America is your home...then make it your home. If you still consder Mexico "the mother land" then why not live there? If you wan't to be Mexican (and all that comes with it)...then live in Mexico. If you want to be American (and all that comes with it)...then live in America.

zeus63
05-04-2006, 02:23 PM
Well, if you want to talk about language barriers existing in the US then you should blame the government. The government deemed a long time ago that there would be 2 national languages, not just one. Those 2 languages are Spanish and English (this is verafiable info, by the way) That is why whenever you see official documents it is written in both Spanish and English. They don't do it just to be nice, they have to do it. If you want to take it a step further, anytime US foreign relations is involved documents are printed in even a third language, French (also verafiable info). Language has nothing to do with it. The problem sitll is that 99% of the people don't know what the heck they are talking about. Whites, Mexicans, Chinese, Blacks, Arabics (the list goes on) included.

Maybe before people start making of the wall comments they should try reading a newspaper or federal publication explaining the situation first.

Buccaneer
05-04-2006, 02:23 PM
$24billion was sent back to Mexico last year

District303aPastPlayer
05-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Well, if you want to talk about language barriers existing in the US then you should blame the government. The government deemed a long time ago that there would be 2 national languages, not just one. Those 2 languages are Spanish and English (this is verafiable info, by the way) That is why whenever you see official documents it is written in both Spanish and English. They don't do it just to be nice, they have to do it. If you want to take it a step further, anytime US foreign relations is involved documents are printed in even a third language, French (also verafiable info). Language has nothing to do with it. The problem sitll is that 99% of the people don't know what the heck they are talking about. Whites, Mexicans, Chinese, Blacks, Arabics (the list goes on) included.

Maybe before people start making of the wall comments they should try reading a newspaper or federal publication explaining the situation first.

THANK YOU!!!

Adidas410s
05-04-2006, 02:25 PM
I can't recall. Still doesn't change the fact that people who are Bilingual in English in Spanish are more likely to get the job than someone who only speaks English.

and do a little research and you will find that any civilization that has two common languages will in the end destroy itself.

Answer this question...why should I have to learn Spanish? I live in America and the official language of this country is English. Why should somebody who lives and works in the United States of America have to adapt to a foreign language and culture that has chosen to uproot from it's own country and "take over" where I live?

mistanice
05-04-2006, 02:26 PM
$24billion was sent back to Mexico last year

So wouldnt it be safe to say that once they become a developed country due to the money they sent back from the U.S., they will have no need to cross the border. LEACHES!

District303aPastPlayer
05-04-2006, 02:28 PM
and do a little research and you will find that any civilization that has two common languages will in the end destroy itself.

Answer this question...why should I have to learn Spanish? I live in America and the official language of this country is English. Why should somebody who lives and works in the United States of America have to adapt to a foreign language and culture that has chosen to uproot from it's own country and "take over" where I live?

ask yourselves why the indians had to learn english then? why didn't the europeans take the time to learn the native indian tongues instead?

pirate4state
I don't have any hate towards them...it's more of a "slang term" than anything else. Sorry, could've fooled me. Almost all of your posts on this subject are laced with anger.

District303aPastPlayer
So wouldnt it be safe to say that once they become a developed country due to the money they sent back from the U.S., they will have no need to cross the border. LEACHES!

the US is running their gov't too... if you dont believe me... look at who 'advised' Vicente Fox not to sign the drug bill. . .

mistanice
05-04-2006, 02:29 PM

You don't have to learn anything you do no want to. That is a personal choice you have here. There's no law requiring it. Do I wish to learn it? Yes i do, because i know It will be helpful in the long run in my career. I will be assured that by knowing spanish I have an edge on someone who doesn't.

Adidas410s
05-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Sorry, could've fooled me. Almost all of your posts on this subject are laced with anger.

Where have I expressed anger by any means? I am taking the facts given and forming an educated opinion. It is in by no means anger just because I disagree with others...or that others disagree with me.

zeus63
05-04-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
ask yourselves why the indians had to learn english then? why didn't the europeans take the time to learn the native indian tongues instead?

Most native american cultures took the time to learn English for their own purposes (ie trading with the Europeans) Likewise most Europeans would have several of their own that could speak native tounge, or they would PAY a native that could already speak English to translate for them. Learning different languages is a cultural focus that has faced many people for hundreds of years not just the last 50.

CoolKat
05-04-2006, 02:34 PM

The reason they have "enough" to send back is because several people live in one apt. and share the living expenses. Not b/c they are making lots of money. They just sacrifice here so they can send money back to their families. I'm sure if they could bring their families here they would, but since they can't they send their hard earned money.

raider red 2000
05-04-2006, 02:35 PM
So if you like it so much there...why not go back there? If America is your home...then make it your home. If you still consder Mexico "the mother land" then why not live there? If you wan't to be Mexican (and all that comes with it)...then live in Mexico. If you want to be American (and all that comes with it)...then live in America.

i like both.....funny thing is...that over there i cant annoy people the way that i annoy you.

i dont have the chance to talk to people that are actually pretty nice and get under their skin.

i am an american...through and through....and i accept people weather i like em or not.

so i hope that you and all of your rich friends like supporting me and my family ;)

mistanice
05-04-2006, 02:36 PM
Plus Mexicans are helping fight the war on oil prices. Who do you think invented car pooling?

District303aPastPlayer
05-04-2006, 02:38 PM
ay veces cuando no puedo leer cosas porque me odio lo que estan diciendo. en estos veces, nomas me ciera la boca, y voy andando con lo que estaba haciendo antes que leer.

que te pase un buen dia....

Adidas410s
05-04-2006, 02:42 PM

Not quite. Go do a little bit of research and you will find that while English is the COMMON language of America, there is no OFFICIAL language. That is verifiable info my friend. You will however find that many states have declared English as their official language..those states are:

Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas,
California, Colorado,
Florida,
Georgia,
Hawaii,
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa,
Kentucky,
Louisiana,
Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana,
Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota,
South Carolina, South Dakota,
Tennessee,
Utah,
Virginia,
Wyoming

You can get some good information about those pushing to make English our official language here US English (http://www.us-english.org/inc/) as well as read through the ACLU (http://www.aclu.org/) website to find information on why they are against an official language for this country.

Aesculus gilmus
05-04-2006, 02:43 PM
First of all: Taco Bell is not a Mexican restaurant. I don't care what anyone says...what they sell is not mexican food. :hairpunk:

Secondly: I don't know any Texan that can go w/o a taco/burrito or whatever else you call it for a WHOLE DAY? :D :D

You are right. It is owned by a corporation called Yum Brands. I happen to know this because one of my mutual funds has a significant stake in it.
http://www.yum.com/default.asp

raider red 2000
05-04-2006, 02:44 PM
i say lets all just learn ebonics :)

District303aPastPlayer
05-04-2006, 02:44 PM
i say lets all just learn ebonics :)

its taught in the california public schools... might not be a bad idea...

mistanice
05-04-2006, 02:45 PM
Let's just make the official language Spanglish?

pirate4state
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
You are right. It is owned by a corporation called Yum Brands. I happen to know this because one of my mutual funds has a significant stake in it.
http://www.yum.com/default.asp It's good to know that I'm right about something. ;) LMAO!! :D

District303aPastPlayer
Let's just make the official language Spanglish?

good movie... and why not...

Adidas410s
ay veces cuando no peudo leer cosas porque me odio lo que estan diciendo. en estos veces, nomas me ciera la boca, y voy andando con lo que estaba haciendo antes que leer.

que te pase un buen dia....

and I can almost get through that without help...I am assuming that peudo is supposed to be puedo correct?

raider red 2000
05-04-2006, 02:46 PM
if they are doing it in Cali....keep me away from it.....those guys couldnt beat UT.

CALI is worse than mexico.

pirate4state
05-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Let's just make the official language Spanglish? :thumbsup: Spanglish rules!! :thumbsup:

mistanice
05-04-2006, 02:47 PM
and I can almost get through that without help...I am assuming that peudo is supposed to be puedo correct?

www.freetranslation.com for those having trouble. Adidas, did you happen to take spanish classes in HS?

pirate44
05-04-2006, 02:49 PM
as far as im concerned, nobody can tell anyone what to do with their money. if its earned legally, they can send billions to whatever country they want to. Madonna and other celebrities make millions off american dollars, yet i dont hear anyone complaining where they live (london, paris, etc.) and the fact they spend their money there.
with that siad, the operative words are "earned legally". if someone does something illegal, and doesnt have respect for our laws shame on them. and dont make the excuse of poverty, familly, so on, and so on. if family and poverty were good excuses to commit a crime, then the great depression would have bred millions of criminals.

raider red 2000
05-04-2006, 02:56 PM
so is it better to:

have an illegal person doing an honest job and sending home 100 dollars a week

or

have a drug dealer making lots of money but putting it back into the economy.

or

have an oil company with politicians in their back pocket and making billions. and some going into the economy.

Adidas410s
05-04-2006, 03:01 PM
www.freetranslation.com for those having trouble. Adidas, did you happen to take spanish classes in HS?

I have taken a few years of it "back in the day" and am thinking about using the Rosetta Stone software (I just got my demo disk in yesterday) to further learn Spanish (and probably French) because I deal with many of Mexico's biggest steel companies on a daily basis as well as a few in Quebec and 1 in Holland.

pirate44
05-04-2006, 03:01 PM
so is it better to:

have an illegal person doing an honest job and sending home 100 dollars a week

or

have a drug dealer making lots of money but putting it back into the economy.

or

have an oil company with politicians in their back pocket and making billions. and some going into the economy.
all 3 are illegal so in my book, all are wrong. i dont like picking lesser of evils

raider red 2000
05-04-2006, 03:03 PM
I have taken a few years of it "back in the day" and am thinking about using the Rosetta Stone software (I just got my demo disk in yesterday) to further learn Spanish (and probably French) because I deal with many of Mexico's biggest steel companies on a daily basis as well as a few in Quebec and 1 in Holland.

i have heard good things about the Rosetta Stone stuff.

but how can you work for someone that sends money to mexicao and canada?

Adidas410s
05-04-2006, 03:04 PM
so is it better to:

have an illegal person doing an honest job and sending home 100 dollars a week http://www.jfpm.co.za/pics/apples.jpg

or

have a drug dealer making lots of money but putting it back into the economy. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/43/Ambersweet_oranges.jpg/180px-Ambersweet_oranges.jpg

or

have an oil company with politicians in their back pocket and making billions. and some going into the economy. http://attra.ncat.org/images/fruitover/pears.jpg

Adidas410s
05-04-2006, 03:04 PM
i have heard good things about the Rosetta Stone stuff.

but how can you work for someone that sends money to mexicao and canada?

We are the manufacturer of the steel...they buy it from us! :thumbsup:

raider red 2000
05-04-2006, 03:06 PM
adidas...good :)

SintonFan
05-04-2006, 03:09 PM
if they are doing it in Cali....keep me away from it.....those guys couldnt beat UT.

CALI is worse than mexico.
Californicate is fixin to pass a law that takes the words "Mom and DAD" out of all text books. It seems they are pushin to extoll the virtues and accomplishments of just gays and lesbians. That bill just passed a state senate committee.:o
No wonder folks are moving out of there as fast as they can.;)

DU_stud04
05-04-2006, 03:09 PM

too bad taco bell is a white resturant..... dont wanna hurt the mexicans too bad right?

SintonFan
05-04-2006, 03:12 PM
I found a better way to protest Cinco de Mayo.;)

pirate4state
05-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I found a better way to protest Cinco de Mayo.;) Don't be shy...share w/ the class...

Blastoderm55
05-04-2006, 03:17 PM
I found a better way to protest Cinco de Mayo.;)

Going to work all day, then coming home to eat and drink until you pass out? That's my plan. :cool:

SintonFan
05-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Don't be shy...share w/ the class...
It's on another
thread I posted just a few
minutes ago now.

zeus63
05-04-2006, 05:46 PM
Not quite. Go do a little bit of research and you will find that while English is the COMMON language of America, there is no OFFICIAL language. That is verifiable info my friend. You will however find that many states have declared English as their official language..those states are:

California, Colorado,
Florida,
Georgia,
Hawaii,
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa,
Kentucky,
Louisiana,
Tennessee,
Utah,
Virginia,
Wyoming

You can get some good information about those pushing to make English our official language here US English (http://www.us-english.org/inc/) as well as read through the ACLU (http://www.aclu.org/) website to find information on why they are against an official language for this country.

I'm fairly certain I have a grasp on what happens in the government, since I teach not only history, but government, and economics. But, I 've said it before what do I know. I guess all those years I spent on my first masters was for nothing.

gato 76
05-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Nothing will be done about imigration,its an election year and a way to get the GOP base united and ready for november election.They also know alots at stake like losing the house & senate so what better way than too get a topic thats stirs people up.

Ranger Mom
05-04-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm not sure where I stand on the whole immigration thing anymore.

First, I was against "them" being here....but I have listened, read and learned somethings I didn't know before before I made my "uneducated" decision.

It is my understanding that illegals DO NOT receive any government benefits, handouts, etc. That is reserved for the Amercian citizens. I guess my question here is this, "if two illegals have a child here, are they then eligible for the benefits on behalf of the child??"

Second of all, I talked to someone today who told me this, if illegal aliens weren't here working the jobs that none of us want to, a $250,000 house would cost around $650,000. It's a win-win situation.....or is it??

Third, the thought of 8 men living in a one bedroom apartment, sleeping on air mattresses, just so they can bust their butts all day long to send 80% of the money back home to their family brings only one word to mind...DESPERATE. I can't help but feel sorry for them. I mean, it seems to me that you would have to be pretty desperate to risk crossing the border, leave your family behind and deal with the harrassment they deal with on a daily basis. Not knowing the language, not knowing to where to even begin to try and get "legal" if they wanted to, not knowing who is friend and who is foe.....I will say that if they want to live and work here, the English language SHOULD be learned!

Okay....that's my take on this situation right now....give me your rebuttals, tell me why I shouldn't feel like I should, give me two thumbs up...whatever!

pirate4state
05-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Okay....that's my take on this situation right now....give me your rebuttals, tell me why I shouldn't feel like I should, give me two thumbs up...whatever!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap:

SintonFan
05-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm not sure where I stand on the whole immigration thing anymore.

First, I was against "them" being here....but I have listened, read and learned somethings I didn't know before before I made my "uneducated" decision.

It is my understanding that illegals DO NOT receive any government benefits, handouts, etc. That is reserved for the Amercian citizens. I guess my question here is this, "if two illegals have a child here, are they then eligible for the benefits on behalf of the child??"

Second of all, I talked to someone today who told me this, if illegal aliens weren't here working the jobs that none of us want to, a $250,000 house would cost around $650,000. It's a win-win situation.....or is it??

Third, the thought of 8 men living in a one bedroom apartment, sleeping on air mattresses, just so they can bust their butts all day long to send 80% of the money back home to their family brings only one word to mind...DESPERATE. I can't help but feel sorry for them. I mean, it seems to me that you would have to be pretty desperate to risk crossing the border, leave your family behind and deal with the harrassment they deal with on a daily basis. Not knowing the language, not knowing to where to even begin to try and get "legal" if they wanted to, not knowing who is friend and who is foe.....I will say that if they want to live and work here, the English language SHOULD be learned!

First...
I'm never against anyone trying to better themselves or their family. But there is legal means to do so and there are many who now take advantage of these ppl. Be it right or wrong, some from the business sectors now want to legalize these folks just based on cheap labor. That's a mistake. Once many of these folks become "legal" their asking price goes up. They will demand more money. It happened in the late 80's with the last time we naturalized so many. I saw it myself!
Many want these folks citizens just because they expect them to vote a certain way. Nuf said and undeniable.:hand:
Second...
it's not that anyone doesn't want to work these jobs. It's that what they pay is very poor for these jobs. Without illegals coming in here driving prices down, the pay would be higher. Consequently, we would pay more in SOME areas, but not so much as we are led to believe. Get this: pay for some in our Great USA is lower because of illegal immigrants.
Third...
Yes, these folks are desperate! With such a horrendous, socialist, corrupt government in place for so long how can they not be desperate!
I don't know all the answers, but have some good ideas.:)
And yes, there are illegals who do get free benefits from us for nothing. That should be stopped asap without any loss of life.:(

gato 76
05-04-2006, 10:14 PM
First...
I'm never against anyone trying to better themselves or their family. But there is legal means to do so and there are many who now take advantage of these ppl. Be it right or wrong, some from the business sectors now want to legalize these folks just based on cheap labor. That's a mistake. Once many of these folks become "legal" their asking price goes up. They will demand more money. It happened in the late 80's with the last time we naturalized so many. I saw it myself!
Many want these folks citizens just because they expect them to vote a certain way. Nuf said and undeniable.:hand:
Second...
it's not that anyone doesn't want to work these jobs. It's that what they pay is very poor for these jobs. Without illegals coming in here driving prices down, the pay would be higher. Consequently, we would pay more in SOME areas, but not so much as we are led to believe. Get this: pay for some in our Great USA is lower because of illegal immigrants.
Third...
Yes, these folks are desperate! With such a horrendous, socialist, corrupt government in place for so long how can they not be desperate!
I don't know all the answers, but have some good ideas.:)
And yes, there are illegals who do get free benefits from us for nothing. That should be stopped asap without any loss of life.:(

Sorry Sinton Fan fan i don't buy your logic,bottom line no one wants these jobs,regardless of the pay.

SintonFan
05-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by gato 76
Sorry Sinton Fan fan i don't buy your logic,bottom line no one wants these jobs,regardless of the pay.
I don't have any illusions about anyone buying into "my logic". At least I don't aspire to be Dan Rather and report propaganda. I see things with my own eyes sometimes and come to conclusions on my own.:)

gato 76
05-04-2006, 10:43 PM
I don't have any illusions about anyone buying into "my logic". At least I don't aspire to be Dan Rather and report propaganda. I see things with my own eyes sometimes and come to conclusions on my own.:)

I know how you feel i also don't buy into Sean Hannity and Fox News and buy into there propaganda.I also see things with my own eyes and come to conclusions on my own.I can't waite for football season so we can talk about someting else.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-04-2006, 10:56 PM
If its not broke, dont fix it, I am sure all in this forum have very good jobs and the kids in this forum have a good future ahead of them and dont have to worry about being downgraded to landscaping, digging ditches, picking up cans because the illegals have that cover for us and if any non illegals doing those jobs i am sure they know how hard they work for their money. When illegal becomes americanize they will be less likely to do those jobs.

SintonFan
05-04-2006, 11:59 PM
I know how you feel i also don't buy into Sean Hannity and Fox News and buy into there propaganda.I also see things with my own eyes and come to conclusions on my own.I can't waite for football season so we can talk about someting else.
Semi-touche...
Bad analogy and comparison IMHO.
Dan Rather was forced out because of his propaganda trying to influence a Presidential Election. lol and btw I've NEVER been Hannitized.:p
I just call 'em like I see 'em...:D

gato 76
05-05-2006, 12:10 AM
Semi-touche...
Bad analogy and comparison IMHO.
Dan Rather was forced out because of his propaganda trying to influence a Presidential Election. lol and btw I've NEVER been Hannitized.:p
I just call 'em like I see 'em...:D

You have never been Hannitized, thats great :clap:

SintonFan
05-05-2006, 01:05 AM
You have never been Hannitized, thats great :clap:
No, I haven't, have you? lol But I do own several Holiday Inn Expresses...
at least my cousins do...
ok, I used to work in the same building as some Pakistanis who now own several Holiday Inn Suites...
hey, the Laker's lost so I'm happy.;)

GOFOR2
05-05-2006, 09:27 AM

who's the bigger criminal here?
the one who sends his/her nickel and dimes back to Mexico or the business person who illegally pockets hundreds and thousands of the dollars he/she does not pay in FICA or Income Tax for hiring illegals.

Adidas410s
05-05-2006, 09:33 AM
who's the bigger criminal here?
the one who sends his/her nickel and dimes back to Mexico or the business person who illegally pockets hundreds and thousands of the dollars he/she does not pay in FICA or Income Tax for hiring illegals.

It's not an issue of "well look he killed 1 guy but so and so killed like 10 people...so we can just let the 1st guy off because he didn't kill as many."

GOFOR2
05-05-2006, 09:41 AM
It's not an issue of "well look he killed 1 guy but so and so killed like 10 people...so we can just let the 1st guy off because he didn't kill as many."

I really dont care what happens either way, but I will end it with this. Whats fair is fair. Why only punish or attempt to punish illegals of Latin American origin but not those who knowingly employ them. They, too, are breaking the law, and whats worse, they know how to speak English and pay some taxes and some FICA (for the legals they do employ..if any), but not to the extent that they are required to by law since there is no paper trail for the method they use to pay their illegal employees. No one on here has addressed it and I dont expect anyone to, because of all the hate we as a post-industrial nation still have for the people of color.

pancho villa
05-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Comeré cerveza de burritos y bebida todo el día.

Adoro a mujeres blancas.

I hope you gringos know what this says.

pirate44
05-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
according to google's translation feature, you said this:

I will eat beer of young donkeys and drink all the day. I adore white women.
:eek:

pancho villa
05-05-2006, 10:06 AM
I ment to say I am going to eat burritos and drink beer all day. My typing sucks in spanish.

GOFOR2
05-05-2006, 10:06 AM

Adoro a mujeres blancas.

LMAO.
According to my translator it reads "All day long your breath smells like donkey poop. My blanket is wet."

footballgal
05-05-2006, 11:31 AM
:thumbsup: Spanglish rules!! :thumbsup:

Yeap!
Even growing up further north than I do now, it's still hard NOT to speak Spanglish, it's a language of it's own. And I am a 4th generation Texan, who was born in Blue Island, Ill ! :( Anyone reminded of that one episode, of King of the Hill? :D

mistanice
05-05-2006, 12:28 PM

California, Colorado,
Florida,
Georgia,
Hawaii,
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa,
Kentucky,
Louisiana,
Tennessee,
Utah,
Virginia,
Wyoming

You failed to mention that

Several states and territories are officially bilingual:

Louisiana (English and French),
New Mexico (English and Spanish),
Hawaii (Hawaiian English and Hawaiian),
Puerto Rico (Spanish and English),
Guam (Chamorro and English),
American Samoa (Samoan and English);
-------->Texas (English and Spanish), <----------

Adidas410s
05-05-2006, 12:37 PM
. No one on here has addressed it and I dont expect anyone to, because of all the hate we as a post-industrial nation still have for the people of color.

Do I sense some bitterness here??? :thinking:

How would you propose to go about finding and punishing the businesses that do employ illegals? If you are going to sit and gripe about a problem...offer a solution about what you would recommend doing to change the current situation. Also, you point out that they pay taxes but not enough as is required by law. If a company is doing nothing but employing illegals, it would be evident in their financial statements as they would be showing costs of labor that would be unattainable when you look at their revenues. The only other way around this is if all of their customers are paying for their goods/services in cash. However, for any transaction of $10,000 or greater the bank will require documentation of the money and thus it will create a paper trail. It is traceable...it just takes some time! ;)

GOFOR2
05-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Do I sense some bitterness here??? :thinking:

How would you propose to go about finding and punishing the businesses that do employ illegals? If you are going to sit and gripe about a problem...offer a solution about what you would recommend doing to change the current situation. Also, you point out that they pay taxes but not enough as is required by law. If a company is doing nothing but employing illegals, it would be evident in their financial statements as they would be showing costs of labor that would be unattainable when you look at their revenues. The only other way around this is if all of their customers are paying for their goods/services in cash. However, for any transaction of $10,000 or greater the bank will require documentation of the money and thus it will create a paper trail. It is traceable...it just takes some time! ;)

You dont live in South Texas do you?

GOFOR2
05-05-2006, 01:21 PM
No, I am not bitter. I have nothing at stake in this ordeal. I am just playing devil's advocate. You do offer a valid point, how will they be found? Good luck in finding all of the undocumented immigrants, and where you do find them working, you might find someone hiring them illegally or paying less than minimum wage.
Two birds with one stone.

pirate4state
05-05-2006, 01:23 PM
No, I am not bitter. Well...I'm bitter...where did I leave that frozen margarita....:thinking: :D :D

Adidas410s
05-05-2006, 01:24 PM
You dont live in South Texas do you?

Not anymore. I grew up in West Texas, lived in South Texas for a little while, moved back to West Texas and now live in Dallas and work south of the Metroplex. What can I say...I get around! ;)

Adidas410s
05-05-2006, 01:25 PM
LMAO.
According to my translator it reads "All day long your breath smells like donkey poop. My blanket is wet."

that's awesome...:thumbsup:

ILS1
05-05-2006, 01:51 PM

Quite the contrary here where I work. I work with a butt load of Vietnamese people. They only know 'limited' English as in: "yes,no,lunch time and time to go home'. They flat out REFUSE to learn English and they have been in this country for some 20 years!!! All they speak to each other is Vietnamese. It is VERY HARD to communicate with them. Plus,some of the food they bring for lunch smells like a dog's butt!!!.:D Don't get me wrong they are very nice people and work very hard but trying to get my point across to them at times can take a very long,long time. They just look and stare with a blank look on their face!!! I even had to be trained by one of them when I first started. To say the least,we go nothing done!!!! I had to ask for someone else to train me!!!!

:D

GOFOR2
05-05-2006, 02:23 PM
that's awesome...:thumbsup:

you like my translation, huh.

GOFOR2
05-05-2006, 02:24 PM
me no understando espanisho.

pirate44
05-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Well...I'm bitter...where did I leave that frozen margarita....:thinking: :D :D
if that's what you get for being bitter, then im bitter too

wedo
05-05-2006, 05:07 PM

Tell me exactly, what is American culture???

District303aPastPlayer
05-05-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Tell me exactly, what is American culture???

SPEAKING ENGLISH.

wedo
05-05-2006, 05:25 PM
SPEAKING ENGLISH.

America doesn't have an official Lanquage. So how is that American culture??

District303aPastPlayer
05-05-2006, 05:27 PM
America doesn't have an official Lanquage. So how is that American culture??

ask him...

wedo
05-05-2006, 05:31 PM
ask him...

WWWWHHHHAAAAAATTTTT???????

District303aPastPlayer
05-05-2006, 05:31 PM
WWWWHHHHAAAAAATTTTT???????

ask adidas... he hasnt responded yet.. i was assuming

wedo
05-05-2006, 05:32 PM
ask him...

Im sure he doesn't know!!

wedo
05-05-2006, 05:33 PM
ask adidas... he hasnt responded yet.. i was assuming

O Adidas!! Im sure he knows!!!

mistanice
05-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Texas is officially a Bilingual state. that's verifiable info.

hutex04
05-05-2006, 07:29 PM
oh darn, i just went to jack in a box and got two tacos! iam a bad american! please dont stone me :(

sinton66
05-05-2006, 07:43 PM

Adoro a mujeres blancas.

"I will eat beer of young donkeys and drink all the day. I adore white women."

Must lose something in the translation. Sounds like he's drinking donkey whizz and eyeing women he can't have.:D

turbostud
05-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
"I will eat beer of young donkeys and drink all the day. I adore white women."

Must lose something in the translation. Sounds like he's drinking donkey whizz and eyeing women he can't have.:D

LOL.:clap:

sinfan75
05-06-2006, 07:49 AM
Boy I read every post on here and all any one talks about is the poor immigrants who sneak over here in search of a better life. BULL DUNK!! I know a few Mexicans who are here working and they came here LEGALLY. The main reason we need to be tough on illegal immigration is national security. Just the other day 3 Iraqis were caught trying to sneak into Texas through Mexico. Their claim was that they were Christians who fleeing from Muslims in Iraq and they were seeking amnesty. Gee why would they sneak in to the U.S. if they were seeking amnesty? Bottom line is we need to have documentation of everyone wanting to come over here whether to work or live or both. It's just the way it needs to be. Remember there are several nations in this world that would like to see the U.S. brought to it's knees and several of em are south of our border.

LH Panther Mom
05-06-2006, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Bottom line is we need to have documentation of everyone wanting to come over here whether to work or live or both. It's just the way it needs to be.
:clap: :clap: :clap: