PDA

View Full Version : Region 3 First round picks

XMan
05-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Robinson Vs. Madisonville: 3 games, Robinson will take this one. Madisonville's district is weak.

Hutto vs Navasota: 3 games, Hippos in 2 by as many as they want. Fedora will have the baseballers practicing football next week, while the Hippo baseballers stay hungry.

Central vs. Kirbyville: Know little to none about these 2, will take Central on this one.

Barbers Hill vs Hamshire Fannett: HF started out strong then faded, BH must not be as loaded as usual. BH hasnt done much in playoffs recently but I think they will slip by HF. I think this will be the best series to go watch of the 8 this week.

Lorena vs Groesbeck: Lorena is down but tradition and the fact that Groesbeck's district is weak will get Lorena to the next round.

La Grange vs Bellville: 3 games, La Grange will take the series but Bellville will make it much closer than it should be. Brahmas will work on wing T next week and LG will move on.

Rusk vs Jasper: Too many hitters for the 'dogs as Jasper advances.

Splendora vs Hardin Jefferson: The second best match up of the week. If HJ still had Ben Broussard it would be a no brainer. Im going to go with the Hawks in a pretty tight matchup.

Just want to get some conversation going and see how everyone else sees it. Ive been told many times that I know nothing so we will see how it goes.

the X

GWOOD
05-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Very nice XMAN!

Tell more about the kid from H-J. I haven't heard anything about that.

I would agree with all your picks except that I will still pick H-J over Splendora.

Whoops! I just looked it up. H-J is the Hawks. Still want to know about the kid you're talking about.

XMan
05-04-2006, 06:35 AM
Ben Broussard graduated from HJ in I think 95. He is currently the 1st baseman for the Cleveland Indians of major league baseball.

RBARKER
05-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Looks good to me. Your right about BH they have a good team this year and good coaching, but they are young and a year away from being great.

daddy02
05-04-2006, 01:15 PM
I know they have a bye, but watch for Huffman to go pretty deep, the have pitching, play good Defense and hit the crap out of the ball.......BH will advance and lose in the second round.....I look for spendora to upset HJ,.......those are my predictions

XMan
05-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Any scores come in from these series?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-07-2006, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by XMan

La Grange vs Bellville: 3 games, La Grange will take the series but Bellville will make it much closer than it should be. Brahmas will work on wing T next week and LG will move on.

the X [/B]

Sorrie for the news X, but Bellville won the series , Bellville wins game 1, and game 3.
Who will work on wing T????

GWOOD
05-07-2006, 08:08 AM
XMan, it looks like you are 4 for 7 in this one with one game still to go. I think the Lorena loss was a shock to everyone.

Adidas410s
05-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by XMan
Ben Broussard graduated from HJ in I think 95. He is currently the 1st baseman for the Cleveland Indians of major league baseball.

i mean geez...come on GWood we count on you to know all these Texas HS baseball :rolleyes: j/k;)

eagles_victory
05-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Groesbeck beat Lorena 15-2 in 5 innings so the district cant be that weak. District champs Fairfield are gonna prove that against Hutto

GWOOD
05-07-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
i mean geez...come on GWood we count on you to know all these Texas HS baseball :rolleyes: j/k;)

LOL...I thought he was talking about a current pitcher that just hurt his arm or something.

The funny thing is after he explained it to me, I still didn't recognize the name. I guess I am going to have to watch the Texas/Cleveland series when it comes on the tube.

I keep up with MLB but I am an Astros fan first and a National League guy all the way. Don't know why, but I have been that way since I was a kid...way back in the 1800's.