PDA

View Full Version : Life Or Death For Moussaoui

pirate44
05-03-2006, 02:47 PM
http://www.drudgereport.com/siren.gif

DEATH PENALTY VERDICT TO BE READ AT 4:30 PM EDT... DEVELOPING...

Adidas410s
05-03-2006, 02:56 PM
I will be thoroughly surprised if he ISN'T given the death penalty...since he was already found guilty by this jury.

Sweetwater Red
05-03-2006, 03:03 PM
My question is in the World Court, does he
sit on death row for 20 years or is he
executed like in other countries, within a
week.

Adidas410s
05-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
My question is in the World Court, does he
sit on death row for 20 years or is he
executed like in other countries, within a
week.

Isn't his trial under the US Court system though?

RiverRat19
05-03-2006, 03:13 PM
My question is this: Does he want death because he believes it will make him a martyr in a jihad (sp?) and/or would Muslim clerics agree that it would make him a jihad?

If he wants to die and would be considered a martyr, then I'd vote for life imprisonment. Otherwise, fry his butt.

Adidas410s
05-03-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by RiverRat19
My question is this: Does he want death because he believes it will make him a martyr in a jihad (sp?) and/or would Muslim clerics agree that it would make him a jihad?

If he wants to die and would be considered a martyr, then I'd vote for life imprisonment. Otherwise, fry his butt.

The majority of Muslim clerics would definitely NOT consider him a martyr. Only the radical, terrorist supporting ones would...and I doubt many of them would open their mouth about the issue!

pirate44
05-03-2006, 03:35 PM
LIFE

Adidas410s
05-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
LIFE

interesting...I could definitely see where you could make a case for it and, to be honest, it's likely a more appropriate punishment given the limited knowledge that I have about the case. I just thought that the jury would give death because of emotions that may kick in.

Bullaholic
05-03-2006, 03:42 PM
"Please don't throw me in the briar patch."- Brer Rabbit

AP Panther Fan
05-03-2006, 03:47 PM
If it wasn't so politically INcorrect and INhumane....I'd say "off with his head"...guess that's not a choice though.:mad:

olddawggreen
05-03-2006, 03:49 PM
DEATH

But first make him bathe in pigs blood, then, inject him with pigs blood along with the lethal chemicals during the execution. He will then be unclean and unable to go to his heaven to meet all his promised virgins and to become a martyr. He is evil. I dont care how politically Incorrect this sounds:mad: :mad:

Adidas410s
05-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
If it wasn't so politically INcorrect and INhumane....I'd say "off with his head"...guess that's not a choice though.:mad:

SHOW SOME POLITICAL CORRECTNESS (read as) BE BORING AND UNORIGINAL :mad: :mad: :mad:

LH Panther Mom
05-03-2006, 03:55 PM
The jury recommended that he serve life in prison.

olddawggreen
05-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The jury recommended that he serve life in prison.

Then put him on a pork diet:mad: :mad:

BreckTxLonghorn
05-03-2006, 04:02 PM
VERDICT: LIFE

And I agree with this. This guy WANTS to die. It gives him martyrdom in his eyes. By giving him life, he must wait for his death. In a way, but not giving him what he deserves, the man gets what he leasts wants.

I can live with that.

Bullaholic
05-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
VERDICT: LIFE

And I agree with this. This guy WANTS to die. It gives him martyrdom in his eyes. By giving him life, he must wait for his death. In a way, but not giving him what he deserves, the man gets what he leasts wants.

I can live with that.

I dunno, Breck, this guy is crazy like a "fox". During his trial he testified that all he wanted to do was to "live" to fight and kill Americans anytime, anywhere. I think he thinks that he might be able to realize that dream by escaping or communicating with his fellow terrorists or getting a vicarious "thrill" from terrorist activities. Execution would have stopped all possibilities.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-03-2006, 04:15 PM
Touche. He should've been given life in the hole, then. That way, he's not a martyr, but there's no hope for him. A small light, one meal a day, and little to no exercise.

AP Panther Fan
05-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Touche. He should've been given life in the hole, then. That way, he's not a martyr, but there's no hope for him. A small light, one meal a day, and little to no exercise.

I like the pork diet idea as well... :D

RiverRat19
05-03-2006, 08:13 PM
I think someone in prison could eventually get to him and pull a Dahmer on him. Either way, he'll die in prison with out the US government directly giving him death. Regardless if he really wanted to die a martyr or not, he'll die but won't be able to claim that it was as a holy warrior.

sinton66
05-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Then put him on a pork diet:mad: :mad:

Better yet, put him in a cell with Bubba. He won't be interested in those virgins when he gets there.;)