What a crappy poll!

;)

Adidas410s
05-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Well, let me start it.

What a crappy poll!

;)

any poll including Breck in it is pretty crappy. Here comes another day of ranting about how overrated Breckenridge is! :rolleyes:

GWOOD
05-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Couldn't argue with the Top 5. Tough schedules, big wins.

Obviously this came out before Cameron Yoe's playoff seeding win over Hutto.

A lot of East Texas people do feel that Gladewater will not go very far in the playoffs.

Macarthur, are you just stirring the pot or are there some other teams that impress you more than some of these?

Adidas410s
05-03-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD

A lot of East Texas people do feel that Gladewater will not go very far in the playoffs.

Macarthur, are you just stirring the pot or are there some other teams that impress you more than some of these?

He would definitely have IP instead of Breck seeing as he is an IP guy.

I agree though that the Top 5 is pretty solid.

injuredinmelee
05-03-2006, 10:08 AM
There is no way Breck should be in there above IP. These guys voting for these polls have no idea what these teams have talent wise. They are just looking at the records and casting votes. IT wouldnt matter if a team had layed nothing but 1 and 2A opponents all of preseason they would have an amazing refcord and would get votes from these guys that know jack.

Macarthur
05-03-2006, 10:46 AM

Well, if you notice my post there is a wink.

However, I do continue to scratch my head on the IP thing. I'm not saying Breck doesn't deserve to be there. They are a darn good team. All I'm saying is that if Breck deserves to be there, how can you not put IP at least one spot ahead of them.

I've gone through IPs schedule on previous posts and they have played a much much tougher schedule than Breck, not to mention a couple of quality tourney championships.

It's also a bit perplexing because Furman has lots of respect around the state. It seems odd that they're not cracking the top 10.

EricDraven
05-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Polls mean nothing, play-offs mean everything!

BreckTxLonghorn
05-03-2006, 11:26 AM
If anything, IP fans should be HAPPY that Breck's in the poll and not them? Why: Motivation.

Remember, this is just a poll. Take it as it is, because it's nothing more than number and opinions of coaches around the state. If the players take it as serious as the fans do, then IP should be steaming to play some ball and show people how good they actually are. This is the era of "We don't get respect," and the poll could be the perfect excuse for that motto.

As for Breckenridge, I'm gonna quote Phil C here and say "SHOW SOME COMPASSION." :mad: I don't care who you play, losing two games in a baseball season is pretty darn respectable, especially if you consider this is the first winning season in Breckenridge since baseball's inception in 1989.

Instead of trashing Breckenridge for the opinion the coaches have, why not praise a team who worked hard and was shown a reward for it. Remember, in the end polls are IRRELEVANT everywhere but college football.

That's why they play the games, people!

sinton66
05-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Falfurrias at #7 :rolleyes: Two of their three losses are to unranked Sinton.

GreenMonster
05-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by EricDraven
Polls mean nothing, play-offs mean everything!

A little recognition is nice to receive too. But I agree with you though, polls mean nothing and playoffs are where it's at. There's an old saying that says, "That's why they play the games." I agree with GWOOD in that I believe Region I will come down to Decatur and IP. I'm not sure if they will meet along the way or in the Region final but I think they will meet and the winner will go to Austin.

Macarthur
05-03-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
If anything, IP fans should be HAPPY that Breck's in the poll and not them? Why: Motivation.

Remember, this is just a poll. Take it as it is, because it's nothing more than number and opinions of coaches around the state. If the players take it as serious as the fans do, then IP should be steaming to play some ball and show people how good they actually are. This is the era of "We don't get respect," and the poll could be the perfect excuse for that motto.

IP has proved it on the field. Twice this year.

As for Breckenridge, I'm gonna quote Phil C here and say "SHOW SOME COMPASSION." :mad: I don't care who you play, losing two games in a baseball season is pretty darn respectable, especially if you consider this is the first winning season in Breckenridge since baseball's inception in 1989.

Instead of trashing Breckenridge for the opinion the coaches have, why not praise a team who worked hard and was shown a reward for it. Remember, in the end polls are IRRELEVANT everywhere but college football.

That's why they play the games, people!

Again, they played the games and IP won.

I don't believe that the polls mean nothing. If they didn't mean anything, why do them. Obviously, it's ultimately what happens on the field, but the folks that vote on this stuff are supposed to be somewhat educated about the teams. And not to sound whinney, but yes, it is a respect thing.

And no one is trashing Breck. Go back and read my post. All I said is if they deserve to be there, which I'm not saying they don't, how can you justify IP not beign at least one spot above them?

SINTON81
05-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Falfurrias at #7 :rolleyes: Two of their three losses are to unranked Sinton.

Hey 66, I'm glad you posted that. I have been trying to figure out who else Fal had lost to. I knew Sinton and Zapata beat them, but I didn't know Sinton had beat them twice. What was the score to the first game Sinton beat them?

GWOOD
05-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by SINTON81
Hey 66, I'm glad you posted that. I have been trying to figure out who else Fal had lost to. I knew Sinton and Zapata beat them, but I didn't know Sinton had beat them twice. What was the score to the first game Sinton beat them?

I'm pretty sure that Falfurrias has been beaten by Sinton only once unless you are counting a scrimmage. During the season they have been beaten by Sinton, Zapata, and San Antonio Reagan, a 5A team.

Intensity
05-03-2006, 02:01 PM
If Brek. gets past PP, do you think they have a shot to beat West, which went 4 rounds deep last year.

GWOOD
05-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Intensity
If Brek. gets past PP, do you think they have a shot to beat West, which went 4 rounds deep last year.

I'm guessing that Breckenridge makes it to the 3rd round and should play Bowie. That will be a pretty even matchup.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur

Again, they played the games and IP won.

I don't believe that the polls mean nothing. If they didn't mean anything, why do them. Obviously, it's ultimately what happens on the field, but the folks that vote on this stuff are supposed to be somewhat educated about the teams. And not to sound whinney, but yes, it is a respect thing.

And no one is trashing Breck. Go back and read my post. All I said is if they deserve to be there, which I'm not saying they don't, how can you justify IP not beign at least one spot above them?

I do agree that IP should be up there. They have beat a team in the top 10 twice. I've said that in other posts. Whether they should be above Breck, however, can be argued. I'm not going to because i haven't seen any game this year, but here's my thought. First off, some teams just have others' numbers. In basketball, for instance, the Mavs lost to Golden State more than any other team this year. Does that mean that the Warriors deserve a 3 seed? Absolutely not. Dallas has a better record. Or in another thought, UT lost to UTA in baseball. Does that mean UTA deserves a home game in the first round? Remember, those two losses Breck has were by two runs. It wasn't an absolute domination or anything like that.

And I wasn't pointing the finger at you about Breckenridge getting talked down about. It just seems that every time a new ranking is out, Breck is the first team that "shouldn't" be there. They've only lost two games!

My main point: If I was IP, I would take it as motivation. They're a good team, and they have a legit argument to being in the top 10. But not being in it isn't really that big of a deal. If you're a no.1 rank, but lose the first round, nobody will remember you, except that you underachieved. So for IP, they should take it the reverse way. Be known as an unranked team that won it all. They're a good team, and they'll go far.

Let's play ball.

GWOOD
05-03-2006, 05:13 PM
(Note:*The following rankings of #’s11-25 are not the opinions of the THBSCA organization...though they should be.)

11. Barbers Hill 21-3
12. Decatur 21-4
13. Pharr Valley View 23-4
14. Silsbee 19-6
15. Iowa Park 19-6
16. Sinton 19-7
17. Abilene Wylie 19-5
18. Gatesville 20-5
19. Jasper 19-9
20. Cameron Yoe 19-7
21. Snyder 21-10
22. Waco Robinson 24-6
23. Halletsville 19-7
24. Perryton 19-7
25. West Columbia 18-8

Who do you agree with and who do you think I left out?

sinton66
05-03-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by SINTON81

I'm not sure, just heard the announcement on tv after the last one. P4S might know.

iphawk
05-03-2006, 10:47 PM
For whoever was talkin trash about how ip only got 6 hits against graham the other night and was also sayin that decatur is the better team.... decatur got two-hit about 3 or 4 weeks ago to a left hander that wasn't any good but decatur won like 6-1 or something like that cuz the other team had alot of errors... didn't hear anybody talkin about that... last time ip had that low of hits was against rider when they went up against ryan brasier who is throwin in the low 90's consistently and will get drafter here in about a month! Also that same person who was mouthing didn't even mention blake beals as one the top hitters on ip's team... that shows you don't know what ur talkin about when it comes to ip!

injuredinmelee
05-03-2006, 10:51 PM
quite the first post.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by iphawk
For whoever was talkin trash about how ip only got 6 hits against graham the other night and was also sayin that decatur is the better team.... decatur got two-hit about 3 or 4 weeks ago to a left hander that wasn't any good but decatur won like 6-1 or something like that cuz the other team had alot of errors... didn't hear anybody talkin about that... last time ip had that low of hits was against rider when they went up against ryan brasier who is throwin in the low 90's consistently and will get drafter here in about a month! Also that same person who was mouthing didn't even mention blake beals as one the top hitters on ip's team... that shows you don't know what ur talkin about when it comes to ip!

Thanks for the info Blake.

injuredinmelee
05-03-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Thanks for the info Blake.
Gee you think?

iphawk
05-03-2006, 11:10 PM
its brady rusk not blake beals...you need any info on the team let me know...i prob know best!

Intensity
05-04-2006, 11:02 AM
I'm guessing that Breckenridge makes it to the 3rd round and should play Bowie. That will be a pretty even matchup.

Well I saw where West had beaten Lorena, Grossbeck, and Glen Rose, and those are some pretty good teams so I was just wondering.

GWOOD
05-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Intensity
Well I saw where West had beaten Lorena, Grossbeck, and Glen Rose, and those are some pretty good teams so I was just wondering.

I really know very little about West. On the positive side, they went 8-2 in district, tied for first, and beat Glen Rose 10-6 in the playoff seeding game.

On the other side of the coin, they went 4-8 in pre-district games. Now that could have been because they had a killer schedule or an injury or two. But their 13-10 overall record is not that impressive. Also, I noticed that most of their wins over their non-playoff district teams were by one or two runs (except for the team that finished 0-10) and one of them, Comanche, beat them 6-4 for one of their district losses.

Assuming Breck gets past Pilot Point, I think they will take care of business against West and move to the 3rd round.

neck_06
05-04-2006, 11:57 AM
(Note:*The following rankings of #’s11-25 are not the opinions of the THBSCA organization...though they should be.)

11. Barbers Hill 21-3
12. Decatur 21-4
13. Pharr Valley View 23-4
14. Silsbee 19-6
15. Iowa Park 19-6
16. Sinton 19-7
17. Abilene Wylie 19-5
18. Gatesville 20-5
19. Jasper 19-9
20. Cameron Yoe 19-7
21. Snyder 21-10
22. Waco Robinson 24-6
23. Halletsville 19-7
24. Perryton 19-7
25. West Columbia 18-8

Who do you agree with and who do you think I left out?

West Columbia should be higher. :)

Macarthur
05-04-2006, 12:27 PM
its brady rusk not blake beals...you need any info on the team let me know...i prob know best!

Thanks for the heads up.

GreenMonster
05-04-2006, 03:27 PM

That right there is why IP will make a serious run this year. You keep talkin them teammates up Brady Rusk, that's what a TEAM is all about, having each others back.

nexfan
05-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
West Columbia should be higher. :)

Lost way too many games you shouldn't have. Does Episcopal, Bay City, Needville, Wharton, Terry, Sweeny, ring a bell. Those should be 6 wins. If ya'll played like your capable of playing or somewhere close to that level the Necks should easily be 24-2. Quality win over #3 Huffman though. P.S dont schedule a playoff game at any Lamar Consolidated Schools. We just dont win there. Good luck with Bay City in the warm up game tonight!

District303aPastPlayer
05-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
Lost way too many games you shouldn't have. Does Episcopal, Bay City, Needville, Wharton, Terry, Sweeny, ring a bell. Those should be 6 wins. If ya'll played like your capable of playing or somewhere close to that level the Necks should easily be 24-2. Quality win over #3 Huffman though. P.S dont schedule a playoff game at any Lamar Consolidated Schools. We just dont win there. Good luck with Bay City in the warm up game tonight!

ouch,.

GWOOD
05-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by nexfan

Don't take neck_06 seriously on his comment about West Columbia being ranked higher. He is not a fan of polls and I think that was his way of say "Blah! Blah! Blah!":)

Am I right neck? Are you just being a punk?:D

nexfan
05-04-2006, 05:44 PM
They are probaly quality enough to be top ten. Record wise is something else. How many of the teams in the top ten play 4a and 5a tournaments? Really. Neck_06 can back up his talk with his play.

neck_06
05-05-2006, 07:31 AM
Don't take neck_06 seriously on his comment about West Columbia being ranked higher. He is not a fan of polls and I think that was his way of say "Blah! Blah! Blah!":)

Am I right neck? Are you just being a punk?:D

Blah Blah Blah

GWOOD
05-05-2006, 08:21 AM
Blah Blah Blah

That's our Neck!!;)

pancho villa
05-05-2006, 08:51 AM
West Coulmbia should win the state tournment! Everbody else is playing for second place.

GWOOD
05-05-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
West Coulmbia should win the state tournment! Everbody else is playing for second place.

You do love baseball don't you Pancho!

pancho villa
05-05-2006, 09:03 AM
You do love baseball don't you Pancho!

"WEST COLUMBIA ROUGHNECKS STATE CHAMPS"

neck_06
05-05-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
"WEST COLUMBIA ROUGHNECKS STATE CHAMPS"

you aren't coming to the state game are you poncho? cuz i sure would like to win.

pirate4state
05-05-2006, 09:10 AM
you aren't coming to the state game are you poncho? cuz i sure would like to win. LOL! Jinx, eh? You guys are funny.