PDA

View Full Version : do you like it when...

DU_stud04
05-02-2006, 07:38 PM
bands remake old songs?

one im listening to is a remake of "roxanne"- the police

fall out boy redid this one and it is a very good remake i think compaired to others ive heard

i wondered why some bands would mess up such a great song, but anyways, good job fall out boy

SintonFan
05-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
bands remake old songs?

one im listening to is a remake of "roxanne"- the police

fall out boy redid this one and it is a very good remake i think compaired to others ive heard

i wondered why some bands would mess up such a great song, but anyways, good job fall out boy
Marilyn Manson remake of "Sweet Dreams". It sounded good but messed with what I remembered the song to be about.:(

Gobbla2001
05-02-2006, 07:42 PM
I just don't like it when people remake the song ONLY 4 years after the origional... or when someone covers a song and then a year later ANOTHER band does a cover...

Other than that it is cool to see old songs that don't get much spin getting put back out for this culture... Also I'm pretty sure the original artists don't mind all of the 'extra' record sells...

Old Dog
05-02-2006, 09:59 PM
One of my favorite things happens when my kid comes in and says something like "Dad, you gotta hear this cool song"! I nod and go to digging in my old cassettes or LPs. Many times I will play the old/new song and the youngsters just can't believe it! There are really a lot of songs that are recycled.......

Old Tiger
05-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Marilyn Manson remake of "Sweet Dreams". It sounded good but messed with what I remembered the song to be about.:( He also did "Tainted Love"

District303aPastPlayer
05-02-2006, 10:04 PM
i liked the Sting and P Diddy tribute to NOTORIOUS BIG with the song Every Breath You Take

Pmoney
05-02-2006, 10:07 PM
I like Shinedowns remake of Simple Man and Metallica's remake of Turn the Page

District303aPastPlayer
05-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
Metallica's remake of Turn the Page

one of the best EVER IMO

GreenMonster
05-02-2006, 10:34 PM
There's a pretty good cover of a Supertramp tune on the dial now.