PDA

View Full Version : Ballinger's Schedule

vet93
02-05-2004, 03:14 PM
It looks like the Bearcats will stick with a mostly 3a schedule. So far I think that we have tentative agreements with Merkel, Clyde, Brady and Greenwood (got that from Rangermom). I don't know the 5th team under consideration. I would imagine that with the eight team district down south paired with lots of 2a teams not wanting to play Ballinger it has been difficult on Coach Owens to find a schedule. With this schedule and our district it will be a tough row to hoe. Hopefully some youngsters can gain about 40 lbs. and trim a couple of tenths off of their 40 time during the summer!

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-05-2004, 03:16 PM
I think Vernon is still looking for a game.

vet93
02-05-2004, 03:26 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a Vernon/Ballinger game. This first year might be a little tough with our graduation losses paired with what you guys have coming back. The Vernon fans, players and coaches have always seemed like class individuals to me. I wonder if we are going to continue our scrimmage?

vet93
02-05-2004, 03:27 PM
By the way Z...did your son sign a letter of intent yesterday?

ThaRealBulldog
02-05-2004, 05:36 PM
Does Ballinger not play Winters anymore?

vet93
02-05-2004, 07:15 PM
We haven't played Winters since the mid-eighties. At the time Coach Dan Slaughter was the coach for Winters (an old Bearcat grad and head coach) and he used to say that Winters would get so fired up each season to beat Ballinger and then lose that it really took a lot out of the kids. He ended the series and it hasn't been renewed (which is probably a good thing). This alignment Winters moved down to 1A.

ThaRealBulldog:
Does Ballinger not play Winters anymore?

VWG
02-05-2004, 08:52 PM
I was wondering why the "Blizzards" weren't paired up with Ballinger in district.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-06-2004, 12:26 AM
Looks like Vernon's schedule did fill up after all. The paper said they will play:

Springtown
Altus Ok
Wichita Falls Old High
Abilene Wylie
Burkburnett
Clyde
Iowa Park
Graham
Wichita Falls Hirschi
Breckenridge

Vet: Yes, my son did sign with Southeastern Oklahoma in Durant, which is about 3 hours to the East of us and just inside the Oklahoma border. We were hoping he would play at Hardin-Simmons but he really liked the coaches at SOSU. Plus they have about 4 or 5 Vernon players there including Bernard Scott who was so good a couple of years ago. Did Posey sign with anyone?

vet93
02-06-2004, 09:39 AM
Cogratulations on you son's accomplishments...I know he made his Dad proud :) Antonio signed with Angelo State in San Angelo. I really hope that he is able to stick with it and get an education...he seems like a good kid at heart.

Z motion 10 out on 2:
Looks like Vernon's schedule did fill up after all. The paper said they will play:

Springtown
Altus Ok
Wichita Falls Old High
Abilene Wylie
Burkburnett
Clyde
Iowa Park
Graham
Wichita Falls Hirschi
Breckenridge

Vet: Yes, my son did sign with Southeastern Oklahoma in Durant, which is about 3 hours to the East of us and just inside the Oklahoma border. We were hoping he would play at Hardin-Simmons but he really liked the coaches at SOSU. Plus they have about 4 or 5 Vernon players there including Bernard Scott who was so good a couple of years ago. Did Posey sign with anyone?

oh well
02-06-2004, 10:22 AM
Who is the Savages coach now?

ThaRealBulldog
02-06-2004, 06:16 PM
I would like to see the Coleman and Ballinger game next season.

vet93
02-06-2004, 06:48 PM
Are you from that area? If you come to the game maybe we can meet and say hello at halftime.

ThaRealBulldog:
I would like to see the Coleman and Ballinger game next season.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-07-2004, 12:31 AM
oh well:
Who is the Savages coach now?Baxter is the head coach. They had a crew of younger coaches which really appealed to my son.

sinton66
02-07-2004, 01:30 AM
Who is the coach at Coleman now? That's where Sinton's Jim Mickler went back in 95 or so.

vet93
02-07-2004, 08:34 AM
I am not sure who the head coach is right now but if mememory serves me right they have had several coaching changes in the last 10 years or so.

sinton66:
Who is the coach at Coleman now? That's where Sinton's Jim Mickler went back in 95 or so.

VERNONLION#1
02-07-2004, 08:54 PM
vet93:
I wouldn't mind seeing a Vernon/Ballinger game. This first year might be a little tough with our graduation losses paired with what you guys have coming back. The Vernon fans, players and coaches have always seemed like class individuals to me. I wonder if we are going to continue our scrimmage?Hey, Vet that is a nice compliment coming from someone who we have played in the past. Being a former VERNON LION and now supporting these kids I have always tried to display some class on and off the field. We have had some and currently have in my opinion the best coaches around.