PDA

View Full Version : How do you define "turd floater"?

GreenMonster
05-02-2006, 01:30 PM
I don't know about your part of the state, but in my part of the state we define a turd floater as any amount of rain over 2" in a couple hour span. We had us a real turd floater here this morning starting at about 4am. we got about 4" of rain between 4 and 6. The storm packed hail as well with the largest in the area being roughly baseball sized. At my house the biggest I saw was about the size of a quarter but it hailed for at least an hour straight.

hawkfan
05-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I don't know about your part of the state, but in my part of the state we define a turd floater as any amount of rain over 2" in a couple hour span. We had us a real turd floater here this morning starting at about 4am. we got about 4" of rain between 4 and 6. The storm packed hail as well with the largest in the area being roughly baseball sized. At my house the biggest I saw was about the size of a quarter but it hailed for at least an hour straight.

How do the lakes and stock tanks look up there?

griff
05-02-2006, 02:01 PM
I found this in a dictionary...

turd floater: Baby Ruth candy bar (e.g. - see "Caddyshack").

GreenMonster
05-02-2006, 02:01 PM
I've been at work since sun up so I don't know for sure. I bet your Dad's tank caught some serious water as the larger rain amounts for the area came out of the Kamay and Valley View area, along and on each side of the river. I bet they look good, should have been plenty of run-off.

hawkfan
05-02-2006, 02:07 PM
I've been at work since sun up so I don't know for sure. I bet your Dad's tank caught some serious water as the larger rain amounts for the area came out of the Kamay and Valley View area, along and on each side of the river. I bet they look good, should have been plenty of run-off.

Thats good. I plan to do some fishin in a couple of weeks.

BTEXDAD
05-02-2006, 02:10 PM
I had heard of turd floaters but what exactly is difference between turd floater and a frog choker?

Bullaholic
05-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Also known as "frog strangler" or "gully washer".

44INAROW
05-02-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by griff

turd floater: Baby Ruth candy bar (e.g. - see "Caddyshack").

doo dee doo dee :) Great Show :) :clap: :clap:

I know a saying that refers to a flat rock and a cow,,, but I better not go there :D :D

DaHop72
05-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by griff

turd floater: Baby Ruth candy bar (e.g. - see "Caddyshack"). Ahhh, "Cinderella kid at the Masters"-a classic

Bullaholic
05-02-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
doo dee doo dee :) Great Show :) :clap: :clap:

I know a saying that refers to a flat rock and a cow,,, but I better not go there :D :D

Hey, 44, I know that one, too:

Hey diddle diddle,
the cat and the fiddle,
The cow jumped over the flat rock,
The little dog laughed to see such sport,
And the dish ran away with the clock

Nuthin' wrong with that, 44'......;)
(Somehow i know that ain't the one you had in mind.) :D

44INAROW
05-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Hey, 44, I know that one, too:

Hey diddle diddle,
the cat and the fiddle,
The cow jumped over the flat rock,
The little dog laughed to see such sport,
And the dish ran away with the clock

Nuthin' wrong with that, 44'......;)
(Somehow i know that ain't the one you had in mind.) :D

:D :D yea, you're right, that's not it, but it was clever :p

Cameron Crazy
05-02-2006, 03:47 PM
A bunch of rain is a terd floater!

mac77
05-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Down here on the gulf coast, it ain't a turd floater untill the referee at the JV game on Thursday night has to hold the ball in place so it doesn't float away between snaps.

44INAROW
05-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by mac77
Down here on the gulf coast, it ain't a turd floater untill the referee at the JV game on Thursday night has to hold the ball in place so it doesn't float away between snaps.

ROFL.. I've been to a few of those games before.......... :D :D :D

GreenMonster
05-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
Thats good. I plan to do some fishin in a couple of weeks.

Call me, I love to go out there with Cory. Caught some really nice ones. Always put them back so that I might catch them again. Got scared so bad I almost pee'd myself out there once by that GIANT turtle. I was walking the bank along the dam side by the fallen tree and that thing seemed to come out of no where right at my feet. It was hilarious to Cory and Ralph E. I wasn't laughing quite so hard lol.

44INAROW
05-02-2006, 06:11 PM
speaking of fishing.. my husband just called. He's with #2 son in Florida and went "permit fishing" today and caught a 29 pound Permit Fish...... Permit is a TYPE of fish - I thought he meant he had to get a special "permit" to go fishing but he corrected me...... He said it was a blast to land that fish.......

lepfan
05-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Also known as "frog strangler" or "gully washer".

I grew up knowing it as gully washers and turd floaters....

PPHSfan
05-03-2006, 04:00 AM
Turd Floater: when it rains hard enough that the turds in the out-house float out the door.

I thought everyone knew that.

NHSRattler60
05-03-2006, 05:29 AM
How Do You Define "turd floater"?

Turd Floater: A device in which to float turds.

Synonyms: Toilet, Potty, Porclein, Commode, Owchi

Antonyms: Fantom.

That is all.

NHSRattler60
05-03-2006, 05:31 AM
Related item: Turd Sinker

LH Panther Mom
05-03-2006, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
Turd Floater: A device in which to float turds.

Synonyms: Owchi

You don't even get it, do you? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

neck_94
05-03-2006, 10:50 AM
turd floater.....

about the same as a cow pissing on a flat rock...

whtfbplaya
05-03-2006, 11:13 AM
aka - Duck Drowner