PDA

View Full Version : Mindy...consider yourself warned.

Jacket2000
12-04-2002, 06:18 PM
As Im sure you know, we do not allow the bashing of HS players on this board, and I know that coaches are grown men, but there's only so much of this that I'll tolerate; and you've reached you're limit. This is your first and final warning. One more questionable post, and you'll be bannished to ROM land, capish? Have a nice day.
J2K

whtfbplaya
12-06-2002, 03:16 PM
Which one? lol

BigTime
12-06-2002, 05:24 PM
I dont know what she has posted here recently...but, most of the posts about Giddings are correct and true.....

Chris Hart
12-06-2002, 05:48 PM
I wouldn't blame the players from Giddings, if they didn't even go out for football next year, having to play in front of a bunch of fickle fans like some in Giddings. Quit living in the past and focus on the present, and support the staff you have geeeeez! :rolleyes:

BigTime
12-06-2002, 05:52 PM
Quick Question......Is it Legal to force all your players who play football to run track, attend the meets, force your players to attend powerlifting workouts and force them to meets....I am just wondering...this is what I heard Odell was trying to do in Giddings?

Chris Hart
12-06-2002, 06:17 PM
Every GOOD coach does that. I know when I was in school in Burnet, it was that way. I'm all for it.

turbostud
12-06-2002, 06:20 PM
big time, when I played if you did not run track you did not play football the next year.

Chucky Rules
12-06-2002, 06:30 PM
Big time, another false rumor. Being as this is not looked upon very well by the UIL I checked with my friends at Giddings to see if this was true. No one is being forced to go to any track or powerlifting meets. However all athletes are strongly encouraged to participate in workout for both.

buffalo booster
12-06-2002, 06:36 PM
UIL rules specifically prohibit requiring students to participate in one extracurricular activity as a pre-requisite to participating in another.

sntnpirate1316
12-06-2002, 06:47 PM
It is illegal but of course coaches are going to want you to be in track to get faster and lift to get stronger...
and at sinton i know we have a great offseason to make up for track anyways
we dont have any powerlifting comps though
but we lift our butts off
weve already been warned that
quote from coach mitchell
"were going to bust your butt(this offseason) like its never been done before"
yikes...

Jacket2000
12-06-2002, 06:57 PM
I can remember being "encoureged" to do both. As I recall, one coach came to me and said "any of my RBs that expect to be starting next season will be running track". Another one came to me and said "any of my LBs that expect to be starting next season will be in powerlifting". So, there went my spring! LOL But, now,looking back, Im glad they did it and I would question any coach that didn't.
J2K

BigTime
12-06-2002, 07:29 PM
I dont know a whole lot...I dont live in Giddings any more and neither do my parents....i keep up with Giddings football right here on 3adownlow...I just heard that there were football players going to quit b/c they have to pitch and play baseball and they didnt want to throw shotput and powerlift thats all.....It was mandatory/voluntary if that makes any sense to yall when I was in Giddings under McCaig and Ivey....You didnt have to do...it was just expected of you...they didnt force you...I heard Odell was forcing his kids to do it...