PDA

View Full Version : What about Iran?

mistanice
05-02-2006, 12:23 PM
with all the media focused on the immigration issue, aren't any of you worried about what's going on in Iran?

pirate44
05-02-2006, 12:25 PM
im worried that everytime the Iranian president opens his trap and threatens us or Israel, the price of crude goes up. he is fighting us in a war without firing a shot

EricDraven
05-02-2006, 12:26 PM
And winning.

Gobbla2001
05-02-2006, 12:29 PM
I say we just rob their oil and their nukes at the same time... then there'd be no problem...

Then again, that isn't very logical...

yes, I see it as a big problem... MAYBE we could send some of our illegals over there to do cheap work and they could give us more oil for less money...

mistanice
05-02-2006, 12:31 PM
I see that could be very productive, as most illegals can do more in 1 hour than others can do in 3.

Gobbla2001
05-02-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
I see that could be very productive, as most illegals can do more in 1 hour than others can do in 3.

Wouldn't you if you knew your freedom sat in the palm of your employer's hand?

mistanice
05-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Blame the employers i say.

Gobbla2001
05-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Blame the employers i say.

No doubt about that... without the employers it'd be hard for illegals to do anything once they got over here besides live with legal family etc...

pirate44
05-02-2006, 12:46 PM
howd this turn into an "illegal" thread? :confused:

Gobbla2001
05-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
howd this turn into an "illegal" thread? :confused:

I actually said we could send our illegals there as a joke... but hot topics just won't burn out with more wood...

So I taketh the blame sire...

pirate44
05-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I actually said we could send our illegals there as a joke... but hot topics just won't burn out with more wood...

So I taketh the blame sire...
aww heck, what do i care. talk about em all you want

Ranger Mom
05-02-2006, 12:55 PM

Are you illegal?? You sure seem to talk about them and defend them an awful lot!

Just wondering....not that you would admit it anyway!!!

raider red 2000
05-02-2006, 12:57 PM
my grandad was an illegal.

but nobody can take him away :) he is already gone :(

Ranger Mom
05-02-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
my grandad was an illegal.

but nobody can take him away :) he is already gone :(

I don't pretend to know a lot about all of this immigration stuff.

I don't agree with the illegals coming over here and benefiting from my hard earned dollars to not pay taxes, spit out babies left and right and expect Lonestar and Medicaid to feed them and doctor them.

I DO feel sorry for the people coming over here in droves though. I can't imagine how bad their country must be if they wanna risk life and limb, leave their families to come to America.

The immigrants that have been here for years and years and have kids and grandkids that are legal citizens, I don't see how you can make them "felons" at this late date....but we have to start SOMEWHERE!!!

My rant story: I was in Wal-Mart a couple of weeks ago, a hispanic woman was in line front of me, (with 4 kids and one on the way...don't know how many if any of those kids were hers..except obviously the one in her belly)...she paid for her groceries with a lonestar card...I paid for my groceries (with cash from my PAYCHECK). When I left the store, she was letting the kids ride the rides at the entrance, so we were walking in the parking lot at the same time. I loaded up my stuff in my 2003 Chevy Truck (who's starter is going out) while she loaded hers into a brand spanking new Ford Expedition.

Was it hers?? Who knows? But it STILL made me hot under the collar!!

mistanice
05-02-2006, 01:06 PM
No I am not illegal. I will say though, I come from parents that made the long journey here from Mexico decades ago. Since then, they have became naturalized citizens. My mother and father happily raised 8 children and which 3 are now college graduates and more to come.

My father still works hard at the age of 71 which he turned today. I simply get irritated when people complain about illegals being here when it is our fellow Americans who are using their services in the workforce. If we had implemented an effective system 5 administrations ago, we would probably have better control of our borders and not have to worry about those who are taking advantage of our social services. We have nobody to blame but ourserlves.

Adidas410s
05-02-2006, 01:14 PM
We have nobody to blame but ourserlves.

Did I miss the part where we started saying "Hey why don't you come hang out in America...not pay taxes...and not let anybody know you are here???"

Ask yourself one question, "Who/what caused 'your problem'?"

Answer: If people don't decide to start crossing our borders illegally...then there is no problem. Just because some here are also willing to break the law and illegally employ a person...doesn't make it ok that they are in our country.

Ranger Mom
05-02-2006, 01:15 PM
If we had implemented an effective system 5 administrations ago, we would probably have better control of our borders and not have to worry about those who are taking advantage of our social services. We have nobody to blame but ourserlves.

The people that are hiring "illegals" have their share of the blame to shoulder also, IMO.

My boss, who is British, got her citizenship several years ago. She paid an attorney to help her through the process, studied for and took her citizenship test and is proud to call herself an "American"...NOT a "British American". She is proud of her heritage but she would never think of flying the "Union Jack" (I believe she called it, I assume that's the British Flag) in front of her house.

She followed the channels that she was supposed to and is pissed that others don't feel the need to do so!

mistanice
05-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Just because we have laws here that say you can't kill someone, speed, steal does not deter the general population. happens everyday.

Sorry for getting off topic. I hope they can come up with a resolution pretty quick, but it sure does not seem like it will happen without military force. (about Iran)

Black_Magic
05-02-2006, 01:23 PM
No I am not illegal. I will say though, I come from parents that made the long journey here from Mexico decades ago. Since then, they have became naturalized citizens. My mother and father happily raised 8 children and which 3 are now college graduates and more to come.

My father still works hard at the age of 71 which he turned today. I simply get irritated when people complain about illegals being here when it is our fellow Americans who are using their services in the workforce. If we had implemented an effective system 5 administrations ago, we would probably have better control of our borders and not have to worry about those who are taking advantage of our social services. We have nobody to blame but ourserlves. So we do nothing at all to stop it? NO we have to stop it. We have people here in this country who are not citizens and not legaly here. They have to GO. Come in through the proper channels. Deport anyone not supose to be here. I know of a few Legal imigrants that diserve to be treated right and amnesty for those law breakers is wrong.Ilegals commonly fill jobs and dont pay income tax on income generated then they even send it to mexico to family members who end up spending it in mexico hence contributing the the Mexican Economy. Plus having Ilegals here holds down wages. If you can get away with paying an Ilegal $5 an hour and not have to pay taxes like SS or medicare tax you will do it to save money. Its bad for AMERICANS. Plus this double alegance crap is just that. Either your American or your not. If your american you should NEVER waive a foriegn flag. NEVER. You cant have the best of both worlds here.

mistanice
05-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
So we do nothing at all to stop it? NO we have to stop it. We have people here in this country who are not citizens and not legaly here. They have to GO. Come in through the proper channels. Deport anyone not supose to be here. I know of a few Legal imigrants that diserve to be treated right and amnesty for those law breakers is wrong.Ilegals commonly fill jobs and dont pay income tax on income generated then they even send it to mexico to family members who end up spending it in mexico hence contributing the the Mexican Economy. Plus having Ilegals here holds down wages. If you can get away with paying an Ilegal $5 an hour and not have to pay taxes like SS or medicare tax you will do it to save money. Its bad for AMERICANS. Plus this double alegance crap is just that. Either your American or your not. If your american you should NEVER waive a foriegn flag. NEVER. You cant have the best of both worlds here.

We have other worries with Social Security and Medicare. We, younger Americans, are paying taxes for something that may not be available when it becomes our time to retire.

DaHop72
05-02-2006, 01:32 PM
We have other worries with Social Security and Medicare. We, younger Americans, are paying taxes for something that may not be available when it becomes our time to retire. So, get in line, you're not alone.

Adidas410s
05-02-2006, 01:32 PM
We have other worries with Social Security and Medicare. We, younger Americans, are paying taxes for something that may not be available when it becomes our time to retire.

That isn't what he was pointing out. He is pointing out the problems that occur in this country because of illegal immigration.

GO USA...BEAT IRAN!!!;)

mistanice
05-02-2006, 01:37 PM
I realized that, just want to stir the pot in another topic. Is it wrong for me for trying to lose my Junior Varsity status? :P

NHSRattler60
05-02-2006, 01:40 PM
My Great Geat Great Grandfather and Mother were Illegal Irish Immigrants, but I'm not protesting. They knew the chances they took coming over here.

They knew there was a risk. All they had to do was play along until their kids were old enough to fend for themselves.

Everyone in this country is tied to foreign countries, except for American Ididans.....and they may as well be Illegal Immigrants.

So why is ANYONE complaining. Really?

Illegal immigrants don't have rights and are treated unfairly..... well they aren't citizens. I haven't seen any Canadians say

"Screw this, I'm not wrestling today, Eh"

Or "No Hockey today boys"

So tell me wha the fuss is about? Why is the case for latino immigrants different from EVERYONE else?

Chinese, Irish, African, even Native Americans were treated the same exact way except most of them weren't payed!.

(I'm Irish, and Native American)

Adidas410s
05-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
Illegal immigrants don't have rights and are treated unfairly..... well they aren't citizens. I haven't seen any Canadians say

"Screw this, I'm not wrestling today, Eh"

Or "No Hockey today boys"

So tell me wha the fuss is about? Why is the case for latino immigrants different from EVERYONE else?

Chinese, Irish, African, even Native Americans were treated the same exact way except most of them weren't payed!.

(I'm Irish, and Native American)

Do you honestly think that the people that are in the entertainment and professional sports worlds are here illegally??? No they aren't. They are either in our country on a temporary visa or have dual citizenship. This came up last season when Sidney Ponson, then of the Baltimore Orioles, was scheduled to pitch in Toronto but his visa had expired. Those people are not in our country illegally...keep trying! :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
05-02-2006, 01:49 PM
I realized that, just want to stir the pot in another topic. Is it wrong for me for trying to lose my Junior Varsity status? :P

once a Junior Varsity All-Star...ALWAYS a Junior Varsity All-Star ;) ;)

Blastoderm55
05-02-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Did I miss the part where we started saying "Hey why don't you come hang out in America...not pay taxes...and not let anybody know you are here???"

When we accepted the Statue of Liberty from France.

Ask yourself one question, "Who/what caused 'your problem'?"

Corporate greed and a sacrifice of quality for quantity.

Answer: If people don't decide to start crossing our borders illegally...then there is no problem. Just because some here are also willing to break the law and illegally employ a person...doesn't make it ok that they are in our country.

Sure doesn't, but hey, if you ask some Native Americans tied to this land, they'll tell you just how illegal every single citizen of this nation is. To tell people they cannot come to the land of opportunity and the home of the brave after our forefathers themselves infiltrated it illegally is hypocricy at its finest.

I'm not happy with the situation either, but a mass exodus of illegals would cost billions, and probably wouldn't be successful. There's no quick fix to this problem.

mistanice
05-02-2006, 01:54 PM
just ask yourself W.W.J.D.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-02-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I don't pretend to know a lot about all of this immigration stuff.

I don't agree with the illegals coming over here and benefiting from my hard earned dollars to not pay taxes, spit out babies left and right and expect Lonestar and Medicaid to feed them and doctor them.

I DO feel sorry for the people coming over here in droves though. I can't imagine how bad their country must be if they wanna risk life and limb, leave their families to come to America.

The immigrants that have been here for years and years and have kids and grandkids that are legal citizens, I don't see how you can make them "felons" at this late date....but we have to start SOMEWHERE!!!

My rant story: I was in Wal-Mart a couple of weeks ago, a hispanic woman was in line front of me, (with 4 kids and one on the way...don't know how many if any of those kids were hers..except obviously the one in her belly)...she paid for her groceries with a lonestar card...I paid for my groceries (with cash from my PAYCHECK). When I left the store, she was letting the kids ride the rides at the entrance, so we were walking in the parking lot at the same time. I loaded up my stuff in my 2003 Chevy Truck (who's starter is going out) while she loaded hers into a brand spanking new Ford Expedition.

Was it hers?? Who knows? But it STILL made me hot under the collar!!

You know, part of me wants to sympatize with the people who have a poor way of life in their country. With that being said, it gets to me when I see those same people flying the Mexican flag, for example, instead of the American flag. All of these immigrants stand up and say that today America will suffer because of the "Day Without Immigrants" and I say that all of them should experience a life without America. They can either value what America has done for them and attain citizenship legally or they can get out. It is a slap in the face to mine and everyone elses American heritage whenever people come into our country and start demanding what they do not deserve.

GreenMonster
05-02-2006, 01:57 PM
I'm gonna give my $0.02 and then get this thread back on topic. I don't want to see mass deportations. It would cost billions. Instead I think we should come up with a method to make everyone that is currently here legal and make massive changes to speed up the process so that these people risking life and limb to cross a desert to freedom can be processed and sworn in as US citizens in one day at predetermined stations along the border. We can all live free and be happy while paying our own load of taxes. Remember, these people don't come here with the idea to mooch off of us but rather to get a good job. Now, back to topic. Iran scares the hell out of me. Not because I feel they are a serious contender to defeat our armed forces but rather because it is another Muslim country. This will give Bin Laden and his terrorists more ammunition and a wider support base. The more Muslim's that Bin Laden can convince that this a "holy" war the more difficult it will be to come out victorious. There will be more and more individuals fighting on their own and our enemy will become even more difficult to detect.

mistanice
05-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You know, part of me wants to sympatize with the people who have a poor way of life in their country. With that being said, it gets to me when I see those same people flying the Mexican flag, for example, instead of the American flag. All of these immigrants stand up and say that today America will suffer because of the "Day Without Immigrants" and I say that all of them should experience a life without America.

With the first protest, i'll admit that was pretty bothersome. Figured there would be an uproar with waving foreign flags. Not a good move on their part.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I'm gonna give my $0.02 and then get this thread back on topic. I don't want to see mass deportations. It would cost billions. Instead I think we should come up with a method to make everyone that is currently here legal and make massive changes to speed up the process so that these people risking life and limb to cross a desert to freedom can be processed and sworn in as US citizens in one day at predetermined stations along the border. We can all live free and be happy while paying our own load of taxes. Remember, these people don't come here with the idea to mooch off of us but rather to get a good job. Now, back to topic. Iran scares the hell out of me. Not because I feel they are a serious contender to defeat our armed forces but rather because it is another Muslim country. This will give Bin Laden and his terrorists more ammunition and a wider support base. The more Muslim's that Bin Laden can convince that this a "holy" war the more difficult it will be to come out victorious. There will be more and more individuals fighting on their own and our enemy will become even more difficult to detect.
You say it like somebody is holding a gun to their head forcing them to risk their lives to get into our country. It is called a Citizenship Test. Take it, learn our language, our history, our laws, and our heritage. Then they can pay taxes like the rest of the hard-working Americans instead of mooching off of us and making demands for their freedom and change our laws to suit themselves. Nobody forces anybody the be an illegal immigrant, there are opportunities for everyone to come to our country in search of a better way of life, and all that the illegals have done has stepped on them. You don't walk into another man's house and demand that pays for your children's food, education, and healtcare, do you? Open your eyes and see the true facts.

DaHop72
05-02-2006, 02:03 PM
You know, part of me wants to sympatize with the people who have a poor way of life in their country. With that being said, it gets to me when I see those same people flying the Mexican flag, for example, instead of the American flag. All of these immigrants stand up and say that today America will suffer because of the "Day Without Immigrants" and I say that all of them should experience a life without America. They can either value what America has done for them and attain citizenship legally or they can get out. It is a slap in the face to mine and everyone elses American heritage whenever people come into our country and start demanding what they do not deserve. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

mistanice
05-02-2006, 02:07 PM
What a time it would have been to have lived through the Civil Rights Movement. They were legal citizens and those people demanded equal rights. They had to fight for what they believed in and there were still people who were on the other end. Any comments?

pirate4state
05-02-2006, 02:10 PM
What a time it would have been to have lived through the Civil Rights Movement. They were legal citizens and those people demanded equal rights. They had to fight for what they believed in and there were still people who were on the other end. Any comments?

Texas Rangers won the SILVER BOOT!! :clap:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-02-2006, 02:10 PM
What exactly are you trying to argue? I thought we were on immigration there for a whole big minute...

raider red 2000
05-02-2006, 02:11 PM
For those of you who claim that the illegals dont pay taxes, where do you get your info from?

do you have any idea about them and their lives or do you just figure that they dont pay taxes based on what you see others say and post?

i have heard that many of them actually pay more than you and i. i dont know the facts, but it was from a reliable source.

raider red 2000
05-02-2006, 02:12 PM
What exactly are you trying to argue? I thought we were on immigration there for a whole big minute...

i cant believe that you dont see how similar things are.

people mistreated fighting to have some rights.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-02-2006, 02:13 PM
For those of you who claim that the illegals dont pay taxes, where do you get your info from?

do you have any idea about them and their lives or do you just figure that they dont pay taxes based on what you see others say and post?

i have heard that many of them actually pay more than you and i. i dont know the facts, but it was from a reliable source. Was it from the same people who said that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, or the people who said that the Sept. 11th Attacks weren't feasible?

mistanice
05-02-2006, 02:14 PM
It's funny that we are arguing that they have no right to demand anything since they aren't even legal citizens. During the movement, they were legal citizens and yet there were still people who were against those who protested and demanded equal rights for all races,gender...etc.

Blastoderm55
05-02-2006, 02:14 PM
You don't walk into another man's house and demand that pays for your children's food, education, and healtcare, do you? Open your eyes and see the true facts.

They may not walk into my house, but there are plenty of Americans who happily use my tax money to live a life of leisure. Worried about the system? Fix it or do away with it. Then you'll just have immigrants coming for low paying jobs. That's when we slap corporations with fines and take away their tax breaks. Raising the wage will lead to more blue collar jobs, removing that black market employment.

Blastoderm55
05-02-2006, 02:17 PM
And immigrants pay taxes everytime they purchase a service or product here in the U.S. Its not like they drive back to Mexico for their tortillas. Its not their fault if they don't pay an income tax, and its not like they're going to get the benefits from an unemployment or social security tax. Once again, blame the employers for putting aside morality and patriotism for an increased bottom line.

Ranger Mom
05-02-2006, 02:18 PM

i have heard that many of them actually pay more than you and i. i dont know the facts, but it was from a reliable source.

I have heard some do and some don't. I have also heard there is usually about 100 million dollars of unclaimed tax refunds payable to illegals that are yet to be claimed.

My one and only question is this:

Why aren't they going through the proper channels?

Do they just not want to?? Does it take too much time?? Too much red tape??

I am truly trying to understand, but I just don't!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-02-2006, 02:18 PM
It's funny that we are arguing that they have no right to demand anything since they aren't even legal citizens. During the movement, they were legal citizens and yet there were still people who were against those who protested and demanded equal rights for all races,gender...etc.
Yes, and they received what was rightfully theres. The only difference was that the issue you speak of stemmed from racism, this stems from ILLEGAL citizens. There is a difference.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-02-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
They may not walk into my house, but there are plenty of Americans who happily use my tax money to live a life of leisure. Worried about the system? Fix it or do away with it. Then you'll just have immigrants coming for low paying jobs. That's when we slap corporations with fines and take away their tax breaks. Raising the wage will lead to more blue collar jobs, removing that black market employment.
Yes, and there are an equal number of illegals who are doing the same. This way, we can cut down on at least half of them. There is an upside to that, don't you think?

piratebg
05-02-2006, 02:21 PM
So what about Iran? :confused:

Or is the the about illegal Iranian-Mexicans?

Bullaholic
I have heard some do and some don't. I have also heard there is usually about 100 million dollars of unclaimed tax refunds payable to illegals that are yet to be claimed.

My one and only question is this:

Why aren't they going through the proper channels?

Do they just not want to?? Does it take too much time?? Too much red tape??

I am truly trying to understand, but I just don't!!

The standard argument that I've heard, RM, is that illegals do not like to put their name on anything tied to the "system" lest they be "discovered" and thereby subject to deportation.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
And immigrants pay taxes everytime they purchase a service or product here in the U.S. Its not like they drive back to Mexico for their tortillas. Its not their fault if they don't pay an income tax, and its not like they're going to get the benefits from an unemployment or social security tax. Once again, blame the employers for putting aside morality and patriotism for an increased bottom line. You're right, and not paying income taxes is illegal for legal United States citizens, or at least it was the last time I checked. I do agree with you, the greed of employers and large corporations has led to a downfall in our economy and has led to the problem that we have with illegal immigrants today.

mistanice
05-02-2006, 02:24 PM
Yes, and they received what was rightfully theres. The only difference was that the issue you speak of stemmed from racism, this stems from ILLEGAL citizens. There is a difference.

Just stating that no matter what era you live(d) in, you will have those who are against whatever the issue at hand is. Like i said, not everyone believed anything was "rightfully" theirs. I just wish that it would be true that "love" made the world go round, sadly it is money and greed.

Adidas410s
05-02-2006, 02:25 PM
When we accepted the Statue of Liberty from France.

No that was never an invitation to come here illegally...not pay taxes...and our country have no record of you being on our soil. Go back and read what I wrote.

Corporate greed and a sacrifice of quality for quantity.

Stop looking at the employer side. When have you seen American companies inviting people to cross our borders and come into this country illegally? They chose to do it on their own free will...and to do it ILLEGALLY!!!

Sure doesn't, but hey, if you ask some Native Americans tied to this land, they'll tell you just how illegal every single citizen of this nation is. To tell people they cannot come to the land of opportunity and the home of the brave after our forefathers themselves infiltrated it illegally is hypocricy at its finest.

I'm not happy with the situation either, but a mass exodus of illegals would cost billions, and probably wouldn't be successful. There's no quick fix to this problem.

I'm not suggesting a mass exodus either. I haven't yet decided what I feel would be the most viable solution to the problem.

What claim does an Indian have to this land that proves that it is theirs? Simply because they were here first? Using your logic, and depending on what you believe, I'm sure we could make a claim that cavemen or maybe dinosaurs should have claims to this land. Also remember, indians were not a collective society by any means. They were small groups of hundreds and thousands of tribes that were spread out all across the country...often fighting each other for claim of the territory. So...staying with your theory, nobody really has claim to this land since various civilizations throughout history have continued to claim parts, and sometimes all, of the land (in various means) that makes up the United States. So maybe we should instead revert back to more of a "free grazing" and/or "primitive" societal structure in which people just come and go as they please and there really aren't any borders. That would make a lot more sense!

Blastoderm55
05-02-2006, 02:26 PM
It commonly takes upwards of decade, such as the case of a lady on the news last night, to become a legal citizen. The biggest step is the language barrier. Believe it or not(pretty believable if you ask me, really), English is an extremely difficult language to learn. U.S. citizens study it for 13 years of primary and secondary educating, and then usually take a couple more courses in college and yet very few of us every truly have a mastery of the language. However, as few as four years of Spanish in high school and college gives you a huge grasp on the language, not to mention you also learn about the culture and history at the same time.

Ranger Mom
05-02-2006, 02:27 PM
No that was never an invitation to come here illegally...not pay taxes...and our country have no record of you being on our soil. Go back and read what I wrote.

Stop looking at the employer side. When have you seen American companies inviting people to cross our borders and come into this country illegally? They chose to do it on their own free will...and to do it ILLEGALLY!!!

I'm not suggesting a mass exodus either. I haven't yet decided what I feel would be the most viable solution to the problem.

What claim does an Indian have to this land that proves that it is theirs? Simply because they were here first? Using your logic, and depending on what you believe, I'm sure we could make a claim that cavemen or maybe dinosaurs should have claims to this land. Also remember, indians were not a collective society by any means. They were small groups of hundreds and thousands of tribes that were spread out all across the country...often fighting each other for claim of the territory. So...staying with your theory, nobody really has claim to this land since various civilizations throughout history have continued to claim parts, and sometimes all, of the land (in various means) that makes up the United States. So maybe we should instead revert back to more of a "free grazing" and/or "primitive" societal structure in which people just come and go as they please and there really aren't any borders. That would make a lot more sense!

Does that mean I could wear my "cave woman" costume and put a bone in my hair??:D

SintonFan_inAustin
05-02-2006, 02:30 PM
So its ok to come from Cuba which is a place where most are poor, for them to make it to US soil and they get to be citizens. Mexicans cross a body of water also and are coming from poor areas of mexico, so if them make it across the river they should be citizens also. Not really just a thought why are some people allowed to stay cause they made it to land in the US.

piratebg
05-02-2006, 02:31 PM
THATS IT!!!!! I'VE HAD IT!!!!! LETS INVADE MEXCIO, BOMB IRAN, STRIP THEM OF THEIR OIL, SELL THE ILLEGALS AS CHEAP LABOR, FILL UP ARE TANKS AND SLOWLY KILL OURSELVES AND OUR PLANET WITH GLOBAL WARMING.

NHSRattler60
Do you honestly think that the people that are in the entertainment and professional sports worlds are here illegally??? No they aren't. They are either in our country on a temporary visa or have dual citizenship. This came up last season when Sidney Ponson, then of the Baltimore Orioles, was scheduled to pitch in Toronto but his visa had expired. Those people are not in our country illegally...keep trying! :thumbsup:

Get a sense of humor guy, I was not serious about that part.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Just stating that no matter what era you live(d) in, you will have those who are against whatever the issue at hand is. Like i said, not everyone believed anything was "rightfully" theirs. I just wish that it would be true that "love" made the world go round, sadly it is money and greed.

You're right, money does make the world go around, and I'm going to do what it takes to keep on going.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-02-2006, 02:33 PM

I can agree with that.

DaHop72
05-02-2006, 02:33 PM
Does that mean I could wear my "cave woman" costume and put a bone in my hair??:D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
THATS IT!!!!! I'VE HAD IT!!!!! LETS INVADE MEXCIO, BOMB IRAN, STRIP THEM OF THEIR OIL, SELL THE ILLEGALS AS CHEAP LABOR, FILL UP ARE TANKS AND SLOWLY KILL OURSELVES AND OUR PLANET WITH GLOBAL WARMING.

You said ARE and not OUR. I just thought you should know. Otherwise, that is a GREAT idea, it would solve all of our problems. Good call

mistanice
05-02-2006, 02:34 PM

If you look back during WW1, labor shortages led officials to relax laws to allow Mexicans to come work in America. Sounds like an invitation to me. If those who actually came, did it illegally or legally, i do not know.

mustang04
05-02-2006, 02:37 PM
THATS IT!!!!! I'VE HAD IT!!!!! LETS INVADE MEXCIO, BOMB IRAN, STRIP THEM OF THEIR OIL, SELL THE ILLEGALS AS CHEAP LABOR, FILL UP ARE TANKS AND SLOWLY KILL OURSELVES AND OUR PLANET WITH GLOBAL WARMING. ummmm......we wouldnt kill ourselves from global warming:rolleyes: yeah some ppl might die (french) but i dont think the heat would get THAT extreme haha

pirate4state
05-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Will you all just AGREE to DISAGREE and move on already! :rolleyes: This is worse than "listening" to talk radio. Time to change the dial. :p

piratebg
05-02-2006, 02:38 PM
So how bout those things going down in Iran, right? I mean, illegals aren't the only problem right. Good thing I'm on a thread about Iran and not one of those threads about illegals or things would be really messed up right now. :rolleyes:

SintonFan_inAustin
05-02-2006, 02:39 PM
yes change the dial to a illegal broadcast

piratebg
05-02-2006, 02:40 PM
Peace out, ya'll :cool:

Ranger Mom
05-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Will you all just AGREE to DISAGREE and move on already! :rolleyes: This is worse than "listening" to talk radio. Time to change the dial. :p

So does that mean no cavewoman costumes??:( :(

pirate4state
05-02-2006, 02:42 PM
So does that mean no cavewoman costumes??:( :( I must have missed something? :confused: I'm just sick of all the bickering...yet I can't stay away. :thinking: It's a sickness, I tell you!!! :foul: :D

SintonFan_inAustin

is it legal to wear in the US? or is it the illegal one

LH Panther Mom
So how bout those things going down in Iran, right? I mean, illegals aren't the only problem right. Good thing I'm on a thread about Iran and not one of those threads about illegals or things would be really messed up right now. :rolleyes:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Adidas410s

depends...

Ranger Mom
05-02-2006, 02:44 PM
depends...

I don't have to wear "depends" yet!!:mad:

Adidas410s
05-02-2006, 02:46 PM
I don't have to wear "depends" yet!!:mad:

I was going to say it depends on just how "legal" the outfit was! :p Guess you found a few more gray hairs on your head today huh? :p

Ranger Mom
05-02-2006, 02:52 PM
I was going to say it depends on just how "legal" the outfit was! :p Guess you found a few more gray hairs on your head today huh? :p

No.....that was just the answer to a joke I heard one time...it just reminded me of it!

raider red 2000
05-02-2006, 03:05 PM

RM- i would love to see you in a cave woman outfit ;)

raider red 2000
05-02-2006, 03:07 PM
i will agree we could:

turn the middle east into a sheet of glass.

take all of the oil.

sell it to the people of china.

make enough money to support the illegals.

at the same time.....our gas goes down to about .30 a gallon.

who is with me?

Blastoderm55
05-02-2006, 03:15 PM
How would we drill for oil in a nuclear wasteland? Send the illegals over there so that they can grow tails?

raider red 2000
05-02-2006, 03:17 PM
heck let the schrub and halliburton figure that out.

Aesculus gilmus
05-02-2006, 03:17 PM
I hope they can come up with a resolution pretty quick, but it sure does not seem like it will happen without military force. (about Iran)

What has Iran done or not done that would warrant you wanting to start yet another war with your stretched-thin U.S. military?

Under the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, Iran is legally allowed to enrich uranium. All it cannot do is actually make nukes, as have several other countries who never signed on to the NPT, such as Israel, India and Pakistan.

Study the issues. Look beyond what Fox News is saying. You know there's more to it than what Fox is saying, just as there was in Iraq. Don't continue to be brainwashed for your entire life.

raider red 2000
05-02-2006, 03:20 PM
my bro in law works at the pentagon and he says he thinks that the $**t is about to hit the fan over there.

i dont know what the whole scoop is....i get most of my news ffrom here :)

SintonFan_inAustin
05-02-2006, 03:24 PM
there goes somebody trying to blame one tv network for the hoopla on Iran, Its thier job:D

Blastoderm55
05-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
there goes somebody trying to blame one tv network for the hoopla on Iran, Its thier job:D

Its not their job to report lies.

mistanice
05-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
What has Iran done or not done that would warrant you wanting to start yet another war with your stretched-thin U.S. military?

Under the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, Iran is legally allowed to enrich uranium. All it cannot do is actually make nukes, as have several other countries who never signed on to the NPT, such as Israel, India and Pakistan.

Study the issues. Look beyond what Fox News is saying. You know there's more to it than what Fox is saying, just as there was in Iraq. Don't continue to be brainwashed for your entire life.

who watches tv? Anyways try your professors in college. Those are the ones enlightening us with their greatness.

Cameron Crazy
05-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Ya kinda creepy!

Gobbla2001
05-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Okay, the Native Americans were brought up... I've said it before and I'll say it again, I feel really bad for the Native Americans who lost their land because of the white man (and I am white).... I can honestly say that it was a pretty f'd up deal...

HOWEVER, none of use here in the "UNITED STATES" were even around then... we can't take the highways down, we can't remove the skyscrapers... sh&+ happened and now we're left with what has been going on long before we were born...

#2... Yah, Medicare/cade and Social Security may be a problem we should address, but we don't see people by the thousands in our streets protesting while waving a Canadian flag or something (Chose Canadian flag because that's where most people get their medicine from if they can't afford it here)...

What we have now are foreigners in ours streets telling us what to do and citizens telling us to let foreigners run free through this country that WE, the people RIGHT NOW (not the ones who took it away from the native americans, which none of those exist now anyway) have inherited...

#3: The FACT is, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS... The businesses who hire illegals are responsible for their own actions, I agree, and they should be punished/looked down upon/popped on the nuckles/have one of their cards pulled... But did the business DRAG those illegals over here?

Hell, I'll drive 75 in a 70 just because I feel like it, and if I get pulled over am I gunna blame it on the DOT for making such great highways? Hell no, I pushed my foot down on the pedal just like those illegals jumped inside of a tool box to travel across the border... it's illegal, you try it out, if it doesn't work your ass suffers the consequences...

#4: Okay, they pick grapes (we eat 'em), they mow lawns (we sprinkle 'em/have everyone look at 'em because it's nice), but did they say to themselves one morning "Gee, I think I'll go to America so I can put grapes on their table and make their yards look nice!!!" HELL NO, they came over here to better themselves, which I can respect, but it's still ILLEGAL... Once they're legal they won't have that hammer above their heads anymore and then they'll prolly get lazy just like the REST of us... there is no "WORK YOUR ASS OFF" gene inside of these people, they do it because it's the only way they can stay here...

#5: Wait in line like all of those people in other countries FAR WORSE OFF than EVEN Mexico... they're waiting in line, take 'em about 5 years, yet you expect us to give you sympathy because you walked 50 miles to get welded under a truck bed that would end up carrying you across the Rio Grande...

#6: Fix Mexico first, or stop writing "VIVA MEXICO" all over the place HERE in AMERICA...

I'm Earl Pitts... Pitts-Off!!!

SintonFan
05-02-2006, 07:57 PM
I have a comment.
Everytime someone makes a good point against your argument, you don't refute it. You just change the subject. Convenient to be so obstinate.
Sorry yall, I just read the first page and not the rest of this thread, so if this was brought up before, I apologize.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-02-2006, 08:18 PM

:clap:

West22
05-02-2006, 09:27 PM
I GUESS THIS WILL BE A GOOD CHANCE TO SEE HOW WELL THE UNITED NATIONS CAN SOLVE A CRISES WITHOUT OUR INTERVENTION ,.

spiveyrat
05-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by West22
I GUESS THIS WILL BE A GOOD CHANCE TO SEE HOW WELL THE UNITED NATIONS CAN SOLVE A CRISES WITHOUT OUR INTERVENTION ,.

Yeah, just like all those UN resolutions (12 I believe) concerning Iraq were effective. :thumbsup:

SintonFan_inAustin
05-03-2006, 10:54 AM

So Irans threat if they are threaten, thier first Attack would be on Israel, thats not a lie. They just buying time to be able to make nukes where they make us targets.

Blastoderm55
05-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
So Irans threat if they are threaten, thier first Attack would be on Israel, thats not a lie. They just buying time to be able to make nukes where they make us targets.

Iran has no means of delivering a nuke to a target as far as us. Israel has the nukes to defend themselves if need be, and will use them. We however don't want Israel to use the nukes because all that precious oil would go down the drain, not just for us, but for China and Russia as well, both huge buyers of Iranian oil as well as suppliers of their nuclear technology and materials to be enriched.

sinton66
05-03-2006, 11:23 AM
I don't want to see mass deportations. It would cost billions. Instead I think we should come up with a method to make everyone that is currently here legal and make massive changes to speed up the process so that these people risking life and limb to cross a desert to freedom can be processed and sworn in as US citizens in one day at predetermined stations along the border.

B.S.! This is a cop out that has been done dozens of times before with the same result, NOTHING changes. Sorry, this is NOT the answer. Why have laws if you aren't going to enforce them? This is exactly why no one on earth respects the US anymore, we can't or WON'T protect our own. Our Federal Reps need to grow a pair and put a stop to it. There are existing LEGAL ways to immigrate to the US.

sinton66
05-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Back on topic, those of you who believe in the UN, pay very close attention to what they say and do for the next couple of months on the Iran subject. You'll learn they are gutless lip servers.

Phil C
05-03-2006, 11:31 AM
SHOW SOME KINDNESS!! :mad:

ALSO SHOW SOME POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!! :mad:

EricDraven
05-03-2006, 11:55 AM
UN is pointless.

Gobbla2001
05-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Greenmonster
speed up the process so that these people risking life and limb to cross a desert

The majority of them don't even cross a desert for more than 2 hours., you guys act like they were doubles in "The Lord of the Rings" and had to cross a whole world to drop a ring in a fire or something.. and some just come in with work visas and stay... some just jump in rigged up trucks... not all go through this torcher...

I've had to go through the House of Pain (offseason boot camp at Cuero) for 5 days a week, should you just give me a damned state ring because I did it???

If anyone out of all of these people should get amnesty it should be every semi-attractive woman who did infact cross a desert for more than an hour... I've heard 3 stories from co-workers who did have to walk a 5 mile trail in the South Texas brush country... basically if no one has the balls to take up for the woman (her dad, brother, whoever else) she is most-likely gunna get raped... It happens... if anything these woman who get raped should get amnesty...

Everyone wants to talk about "Ohhh they pick cotton for us, ohhhh they did great landscaping for my aunt", but no one wants to talk about those who rape women on the trails etc...

They're not all savagages, but they're also not all saints...

raider red 2000
05-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
The majority of them don't even cross a desert for more than 2 hours., you guys act like they were doubles in "The Lord of the Rings" and had to cross a whole world to drop a ring in a fire or something.. and some just come in with work visas and stay... some just jump in rigged up trucks... not all go through this torcher...

I've had to go through the House of Pain (offseason boot camp at Cuero) for 5 days a week, should you just give me a damned state ring because I did it???

If anyone out of all of these people should get amnesty it should be every semi-attractive woman who did infact cross a desert for more than an hour... I've heard 3 stories from co-workers who did have to walk a 5 mile trail in the South Texas brush country... basically if no one has the balls to take up for the woman (her dad, brother, whoever else) she is most-likely gunna get raped... It happens... if anything these woman who get raped should get amnesty...

Everyone wants to talk about "Ohhh they pick cotton for us, ohhhh they did great landscaping for my aunt", but no one wants to talk about those who rape women on the trails etc...

They're not all savagages, but they're also not all saints...

i dont even know where to start replying to this.