PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about attending Lubbock Christian...

football4life
05-01-2006, 11:05 PM
...to play baseball. I haven't visited, but from what I have heard and been told at school, it is a very good university, and I know their baseball program is very competitive. I think they will be coming to watch me this weekend, so hopefully that will go good. Anyone know anything/ attended there? This would be a good place both financially and socially i think.

GWOOD
05-01-2006, 11:11 PM
I am a LCU grad football4life. Lots of baseball tradition there. Several guys from there have played some in the majors. Many have been drafted over the years but never got out of the minors. Most well known was Randy Velarde who spent most of his career playing SS & 2B with the Yankees.

And I really liked living in Lubbock. We lived there 8 years after I graduated from LCU.

I knew Blackwood, the current baseball coach, back when he was a punk kid in the 5th grade.

wyliegrad04
05-01-2006, 11:39 PM
LCU is a great school. I have several friends that are at LCU. Of course, I would tell you to look into Abilene Christian University. Close ties to LCU ... but very different in many ways. www.acu.edu

give it a look!!

Adidas410s
05-02-2006, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by wyliegrad04
LCU is a great school. I have several friends that are at LCU. Of course, I would tell you to look into Abilene Christian University. Close ties to LCU ... but very different in many ways. www.acu.edu

give it a look!!

and the #1 Division 2 Baseball team...at least earlier in the season. No clue what they are now.

STANG RED
05-02-2006, 07:36 AM
It's a great school. One of my daughters best friends is going there on a golf scholarship, and loves it.

wyliegrad04
05-02-2006, 10:48 AM
ACU was the #1 team in DII but we have dropped some now ... the game after we were #1 we lost really bad to a team we destroyed earlier! haha

NateDawg39
05-02-2006, 11:00 AM
ACU was the #1 team in DII but we have dropped some now ... the game after we were #1 we lost really bad to a team we destroyed earlier! haha hey we are still in the run of things. look for us to be a contender

wyliegrad04
05-02-2006, 11:02 AM
i never said they weren't ... should do real well. just pointing out that we were #1 ... now i don't have a clue what we are.

NateDawg39
05-02-2006, 11:10 AM
i never said they weren't ... should do real well. just pointing out that we were #1 ... now i don't have a clue what we are. I just meant that we would be...I know you didnt say anything against it. I hope we are....

football4life
05-02-2006, 08:00 PM
well, ACU is a little more expensive, and I'll admit that I do want to go to school close to a certain someone. But I'm looking forward to the school and to continuing to be competitive. Thanks for the input.

VWG
05-02-2006, 10:34 PM
What's up with ACU being so expensive?
I have heard that from about 3 to 4 people in the last year or so.
All private colleges are expensive, but why is ACU so much more than LCU, Wayland Baptist, Austin College, Hardin Simmons, etc.....??

kepdawg
05-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by VWG
What's up with ACU being so expensive?
I have heard that from about 3 to 4 people in the last year or so.
All private colleges are expensive, but why is ACU so much more than LCU, Wayland Baptist, Austin College, Hardin Simmons, etc.....??

Much more expensive than AC? I didn't know that was possible!