PDA

View Full Version : Softball Playoff Question

Bell_06
05-01-2006, 10:53 PM
I have tried to locate information concerning playoffs through the UIL website. I’m not having any luck and hope that someone here can answer the question.

If two schools elect to play a 2 out of 3 series, do the games have to be on Friday and Saturday or can they be played on any other night of the week? Any help and directions to locate this information on the UIL site would be appreciated.

kepdawg
05-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Look Here (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/policy/constitution/athletics/05_06sec1280.pdf)

Friday/Saturday - top right of page 188 (page 2 of the link)

Bell_06
05-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Thanks for locating that information for me... seems odd that the games are handled differently between softball and baseball. Especially when the boys don't have prom hair appointments to contend with :)

Etexpirate
05-02-2006, 08:32 AM
that happened to us last year.. we made it through the first round only to advance to a 2 out of 3 series on prom weekend. Plus we stayed in a motel on Friday night. It was the first time this team had ever made playoffs and the prom really was a distraction. I'm not saying that was why we lost..but I know it contributed. We have played softball since she was 9 and there have been so many sacrifices that we have had to make to play the game..

Good luck to all in the playoffs!!

Phil C
05-02-2006, 09:50 AM
I think the games have to be played by Saturday too. I always wonder what happens if there is rain havoc on Saturday. I remember we once played Orange Grove and that was just one game and with bad weather around the state both schools (who are only about 36 miles apart) had to drive to Laredo for their game!

3afan
05-02-2006, 10:01 AM
last year I worked a 5A regional final series that was one game Fri and two on Sat ... the Sat games were rained out so the Fri winner went to Austin (Garland)

pirate4state
05-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I think the games have to be played by Saturday too. I always wonder what happens if there is rain havoc on Saturday. I remember we once played Orange Grove and that was just one game and with bad weather around the state both schools (who are only about 36 miles apart) had to drive to Laredo for their game! LOL - that was crazy!! :) It was a fun road trip. :D