PDA

View Full Version : Any of you DLow dads

injuredinmelee
05-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Divorced? Holy crap the custody battle is killing me. I cant hardly stand not being able to see or talk to my kids. I cant htink of anything that could possibly be worse in the world.

piratebg
05-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Divorced? Holy crap the custody battle is killing me. I cant hardly stand not being able to see or talk to my kids. I cant htink of anything that could possibly be worse in the world.

Castration?

injuredinmelee
05-01-2006, 02:11 PM
No id rather sacrifice the "boys" to see the kids more.

piratebg
05-01-2006, 02:14 PM
No id rather sacrifice the "boys" to see the kids more.

Yeah, me too. Custody cases always favor the mother, unless you can prove them dangerous or nuts.

PPHSfan
05-01-2006, 02:15 PM

I know of a couple of worse things than divorce. But only a couple.

Phil C
05-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Usually in divorce there are child support payments the father has to pay. It does give him legal rights to get to see the kids regularly.

Ranger Mom
05-01-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Usually in divorce there are child support payments the father has to pay. It does give him legal rights to get to see the kids regularly.

Actually, I found out in my "divorce seminar" that I had to go to at the end of my first marriage, that even if the non-custodial parent DOESN'T pay child support, the custodial parent CANNOT withhold visitation....legally anyway!!

SWMustang
05-01-2006, 02:28 PM
Sorry to hear that, Injured. I've never had the misfortune of a divorce but I can empathize with you about your kids. Just keep making the attempts and never quit trying.

Snyder_TigerFan
05-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Sorry to hear that, Injured. I've never had the misfortune of a divorce but I can empathize with you about your kids. Just keep making the attempts and never quit trying.

My sentiments exactly. Hang in there, Injured.

injuredinmelee
05-01-2006, 02:32 PM
her parents hate me with a passion and always have. Now they are showering her with money and gifts and telling her that i dont need to see them unless it is supervised. We had a visitation agreement worked out until daddy started footing her bills now she wants a judge and lawyers who kno nothing abou us or our family to decide all that. I have agreed to every stipulation on my visitation with them that she asked until now. Now im ready to pull out the big guns and smear her to hell and back in court but i don want her and the kids to not be around each other as much as possible. You can only back man into a corner for so long.

AP Panther Fan
05-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Hang in there...I hope it gets better soon. As SWMustang said, just keep making the attempts...it's when you stop trying that you have real problems that no court of law can fix.

LH Panther Mom
05-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Injured, if you don't already have a lawyer working your side and protecting your interests, please get one and the sooner the better. Don't give up contacting the kids.

pirate44
05-01-2006, 02:48 PM
sad to hear. i feel for everyone involved :(

piratebg
05-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
sad to hear. i feel for everyone involved :(

The kids escpecially. I was 8 or 9 when my parents went through their divorce and it is one of my most painful memories.

AP Panther Fan
05-01-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
The kids escpecially. I was 8 or 9 when my parents through their divorce and it is one of my most painful memories.

ditto...and the custody aspect of it was the worst part...sad, sad memories.:(

ej2525
05-01-2006, 03:10 PM

Man, I feel your pain! Going through the big D too. Fortunately, I don't have your situation regarding seeing my daughter. It's only been twoo weeks my daughter & my soon to be ex moved out & it's killing me too. The house is a sickening quite unless I am the one making noise. Don't be afraid to shoot me a PM if you ever need to vent. Our biggest fight is over a residency restriction that says my ex can not move beyond the Houston Metro area. If I didn't do this then she would take my daughter to Ft. Worth in a heart beat near her family & friends. What does that mean to me? I just got cut out of 80% of her daily life. I can't live with that. Dads need their kids too! Good luck man!

Ranger Mom
05-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
The kids escpecially. I was 8 or 9 when my parents through their divorce and it is one of my most painful memories.

I was lucky (if a child of divorced parents can be "lucky").

My mom moved us from New Mexico to Texas when I was 9...my dad quit his job and moved to Texas right behind us.

We never lived more than 10 miles from him, my mom let us see him whenever we wanted!

I never had a problem with my ex seeing my kids....who were 6, 7 and 9 at the time we divorced.

Now....my mom and step-mom are very close friends....my ex-husband introduced to me to the husband I have now (the ex refers to him his "husband in law"):D.........and, I had the ex's longtime girlfriend out to my house for dinner last week.

I am from a very friendly family!!:p

AP Panther Fan
05-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom I am from a very friendly family!!:p

Or at least one that doesn't hold grudges... ;)

Unfortunately, I think you are the exception and not the norm....and yes, you have been lucky.:)

Chris Hart
05-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Injured, I've been there and done all that. There is no easy way with divorce. My advice is pay adequate child support monthly even before it is ordered by the court. Keep good records of your payments and visitation time. The only way you can win in court, is to be able to prove her an unfit mother. I went through a custody battle last March. I won the kids in court and now have full custody of them. I had some mutual friends of me and my ex do some investigating for me after we split. They found out some things my ex was doing and it was enough for them to testify against her on my behalf. These were initially her friends before mine, but no one likes to see children suffer due to negligence or endangerment. If she's a good mother and it's just that the two of you can't work it out, you need to just try and best prepare yourself for joint custody with her being the managing party. Very few judges will actually hear the case and award the children to the parent that they feel the kids are better off with. Almost all judges will not take the kids from the mother unless she is deemed unfit, even if the kids would be in a better environment with the father. If you have any questions that I can answer, feel free to ask. I know your pain. Don't ever give up, if you watch her close enough she may end up hanging herself like my ex did. Good luck!

sinton66
05-01-2006, 07:49 PM
Keep good records of your payments

This is an absolute must do from all the men I've talked to that have been through this. Keep the cancelled checks handy. I have a friend that would give his ex cash. Did so for about four years. Next thing you know, he's in court being ORDERED to pay four years back child support because he couldn't prove he had paid her. Get it set up to pay through the state, then there is ready proof. He came out ok though, when his son turned sixteen, he chose to live with his dad. Now she's paying him.

Ranger Mom
05-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
This is an absolute must do from all the men I've talked to that have been through this. Keep the cancelled checks handy. I have a friend that would give his ex cash. Did so for about four years. Next thing you know, he's in court being ORDERED to pay four years back child support because he couldn't prove he had paid her. Get it set up to pay through the state, then there is ready proof. He came out ok though, when his son turned sixteen, he chose to live with his dad. Now she's paying him.

I was under the impression that the State automatically garnished your check and ran it through their system first these days!

Chris Hart
05-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I was under the impression that the State automatically garnished your check and ran it through their system first these days! They do that after there is a court hearing. Either a child support hearing(pre-divorce), or at the divorce hearing.