PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow I am celebrating...

Gobbla2001
05-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Tomorrow marks Texas' 170 year and 2 month separation from Mexico...

Yee-Haw!!!

Bullaholic
05-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Tomorrow marks Texas' 170 year and 2 month separation from Mexico...

Yee-Haw!!!

And what are you going to do for Cinco de Mayo, Gobbla? :D

Gobbla2001
05-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
And what are you going to do for Cinco de Mayo, Gobbla? :D

The fifth of May you mean?

Hell I dunno, drink a Corona?

mistanice
05-01-2006, 12:40 PM
or you could eat a tamale

Gobbla2001
05-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
or you could eat a tamale

Nah, I decided I'll drink an American made beer that day... I'll call it "Day without a Gringo"...

mistanice
05-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Did you know that Patron Tequila is not even sold domestically in mexcio although that's where it's made. I go to mexico to get me a bottle and i'm told it's not sold there. Hmmm, the U.S. has the sole right to sell the product.

Gobbla2001
05-01-2006, 12:44 PM
Did you know that Patron Tequila is not even sold domestically in mexcio although that's where it's made. I go to mexico to get me a bottle and i'm told it's not sold there. Hmmm, the U.S. has the sole right to sell the product.

Wow, that is strange...

Americans are just a buncha thieves...

Adidas410s
05-01-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Nah, I decided I'll drink an American made beer that day... I'll call it "Day without a Gringo"...

don't you mean "Day for a Gringo!"

Gobbla2001
05-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

I could...

But I was meaning I'm not buying anything made in Mexico... Just trying not to participate...

Mostly said jokingly though, yet it sounds like a plan...

Gobbla2001
05-01-2006, 12:49 PM
I'll catch up on all of this sh... I mean mess later...

I Gotta/Wanna go back to WORK!!!!

LH Panther Mom
05-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Depends how many he has. ;)

lepfan
05-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Gobbla you are my hero! LOL;)

mistanice
05-01-2006, 07:42 PM
On your way home, just think about the road your driving on and who helped during the construction. While you're getting closer to your house, take a glimpse of the nice trimmed lawn, and think about who mowed it. While you're eating dinner, think about who picked those grapes,oranges,apples,strawberries, etc. THe problem will persist as long as American employers continue to hire illegals and look the other way.

Gobbla2001
05-01-2006, 07:45 PM
On your way home, just think about the road your driving on and who helped during the construction. While you're getting closer to your house, take a glimpse of the nice trimmed lawn, and think about who mowed it. While you're eating dinner, think about who picked those grapes,oranges,apples,strawberries, etc. THe problem will persist as long as American employers continue to hire illegals and look the other way.

Yah, those employers need to stop that...

But if you're trying to paint a pretty picture of illegals by who contructed the roads, cut the lawn and picked those fruits, I'm sure you can find a few murderers who have done the same things...

mistanice
05-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Yeah you're correct. If you remember, there was an illegal riding the railroads a few years back. The so called "Railroad Killer," who was able to come and go into the country as he pleased. Those to blame are the officials who are responsible of protecting our borders. The manpower just isn't there.

Sure, there are going to be a few bad "apples" that come into the U.S. Let's not forget we have many illegals here that come to harm Americans. The majority of those are not even of Mexican descent. The FBI and CIA have continuously reported that there are many unaccounted foreigners in the country that are ready to make a move when called upon. How about we worry about these culprits who have the capability to do major damage.

Do you people feel safe? I sure do not. Are we supposed to feel safe just because they say the current threat level is "elevated?"

espn1
05-01-2006, 09:57 PM
I think they need to let a few working girls come over. That will help me think about roads and strawberries.:D :D :D

sinton66
05-01-2006, 10:11 PM
I mow my own yard, and I bet it wasn't illegals building the roads. If it was, the DOT needs their butts kicked.

mistanice
05-01-2006, 10:28 PM
Yeah I mow my own too. In my area though, I see mainly mexicans running the lawn services. When I'm driving to work and back, I see mainly mexicans working on our roads who are employed by the DOT. If we want to make a difference, we definately need to start at the root of the problem. Fine the employers.

Why do Mexicans keep coming across the border? Word of mouth spreads like wildfire in Mexico. They hear from friends that there is work here and there are people who are willing to employ them.