PDA

View Full Version : snyder/Wylie for District Championship

injuredinmelee
05-01-2006, 09:16 AM
Who will be there? I guess Clay Martin finally won a coin flip?

Adidas410s
05-01-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

LOL

Snyder_TigerFan
05-01-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

I thought about catching a couple of innings after work, but I won't be able to stay long. I'll be listening on the radio though.

BTW, they both already have a share of the district championship, this is for the #1 seed in the playoffs.

Adidas410s
05-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
BTW, they both already have a share of the district championship, this is for the #1 seed in the playoffs.

pshhh...there are no ties in baseball! ;)

STANG RED
05-01-2006, 09:48 AM
What time does this game start? And where is it being played? Will an Abilene radio station be carrying the game?

Snyder_TigerFan
05-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
What time does this game start? And where is it being played? Will an Abilene radio station be carrying the game?

The games starts at 4:30 in Wylie (where's the field?!) I know where the football field is, but not baseball.

I don't think an Abilene station carries the game. I usually catch them on 101.5 out of Snyder. It comes and goes in Abilene.

pero chato
05-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
The games starts at 4:30 in Wylie (where's the field?!) I know where the football field is, but not baseball.

I don't think an Abilene station carries the game. I usually catch them on 101.5 out of Snyder. It comes and goes in Abilene.

The field is behind the high school. I hate to say it, but compared to the rest of the district, especially Snyder and Merkel, it's not very good.

Adidas410s
05-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by pero chato
The field is behind the high school. I hate to say it, but compared to the rest of the district, especially Snyder and Merkel, it's not very good.

does Merkel have a good field now?

STANG RED
05-01-2006, 10:27 AM
Sweetwater's baseball stadium is pretty decent I guess. Glad to see them finally spending a little money and putting in new restrooms and concession.

Adidas410s
Originally posted by Adidas410s
does Merkel have a good field now?

nevermind I know the answer to that...I called a game over there last year. Sorry... :rolleyes:

Adidas410s
Sweetwater's baseball stadium is pretty decent I guess. Glad to see them finally spending a little money and putting in new restrooms and concession.

now if they could just do that in the Mustang Bowl!

GetRDoneStangs
05-01-2006, 10:42 AM

The new concession will be done. Or let me say, the old one has been torn down. The bid for new concession/restrooms was astronomical and they are re-thinking what all to do. The plan was to replace both but, with all the laws regarding on how you must build if you start from scratch. The restrooms must be able to handle a full capacity crowd for that side of the stadium and I think there are other stipulations as well.

But, the concession will be a good start!!

STANG RED
05-01-2006, 11:01 AM

I'm with ya Adidas, but I know there has been lots of talk about doing just that for several years. The problem is the price. Because of the way the Bowl is built, I think they have run into some major issues with requirments of waste disposal that has run the price will in excess of what has been set aside for the work. Hopefully all the details can be worked out soon, and alternate plans can be come up with that will satisfy requirements without costing so many arms and legs.

injuredinmelee
05-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Ill be the fat dude in the National Champs shirt with the rose bowl score on the back.

RMAC
05-01-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm with ya Adidas, but I know there has been lots of talk about doing just that for several years. The problem is the price. Because of the way the Bowl is built, I think they have run into some major issues with requirments of waste disposal that has run the price will in excess of what has been set aside for the work. Hopefully all the details can be worked out soon, and alternate plans can be come up with that will satisfy requirements without costing so many arms and legs.

Just talk to Phil. It's probably the doing of his FAT CATS.

mrescape43
05-01-2006, 12:15 PM
pshhh...there are no ties in baseball! ;)

These two share the district championship as Snyder players were presented with a district championship trophy friday night after defeating Merkel. As Tiger_Fan noted this game is to decide
#1 and #2 seeds for the playoffs.

MHSvarsity2007
05-01-2006, 03:49 PM
nevermind I know the answer to that...I called a game over there last year. Sorry... :rolleyes:

ah hm...whats wrong with our baseball field??

Adidas410s
05-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by MHSvarsity2007
ah hm...whats wrong with our baseball field??

I was referring to the older field...back from when you were a wee lil girl! :p

MHSvarsity2007
05-01-2006, 04:03 PM
I was referring to the older field...back from when you were a wee lil girl! :p

hmph. i was about to say our field is decent!!

oh, and wee little girl?? you're only like 6 years older than me lol :rolleyes: :D