PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Vick

Whsdogs
04-30-2006, 11:28 PM
Would you offer Marcus VIck a spot on your football team?

mrescape43
04-30-2006, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Whsdogs

Nope! He is a thug!

District303aPastPlayer
04-30-2006, 11:32 PM
yeah. he could play reciever for me...

GreenMonster
04-30-2006, 11:43 PM
you betcha! So long as I was the GM of the Toronto Argonauts of the CFL.

BreckTxLonghorn
04-30-2006, 11:43 PM
I'd offer him a tryout. If he earns it, so be it.

Then you offer him a contract with tons of character clauses. If he screws up, contract is null and void.

Bulldog_12
05-01-2006, 12:11 AM
No, we all saw what happened with T.O. and the Eagles. A great athlete with a terrible ego and attitude, divided a locker room and really damaged the team.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-01-2006, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
you betcha! So long as I was the GM of the Toronto Argonauts of the CFL.

Hey! They offered Ricky a contract. It's not too far fetched.

big daddy russ
05-01-2006, 12:22 AM
I would. I don't think he'll be an NFL superstar anytime soon, so I'm not too worried about him dividing a locker room.

On that note, I think there's too much emphasis put into players who "divide locker rooms." Players don't do that. The media who covers those players do that. I don't believe for a second that TO and McNabb were the only Eagles who had problems with each other, they were just the ones on the front page everyday.

Forrest Gregg and Bart Starr weren't too fond of each other, but Gregg is known to this day as one of the three best OT's in history. He protected Starr just fine because he didn't cry about Starr not liking him. He just went out, did his job, and avoided him off the field.

LH Panther Mom
05-01-2006, 06:13 AM
Has he even finished up the legal stuff with the McDonald's thing? Sorry, but I wouldn't....he's a jail sentence waiting to happen, imo.

piratebg
05-01-2006, 07:37 AM
Would I let him on my team? :thinking:

Not a chance in HELL-o DO YOU THINK I'M NUTS!!!

wedo
05-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Whsdogs

I wouldn't!! The kid is a waste of talent!! No matter what he does his big brother will always support him!! so i doubt that he will ever really have to work for anything!! And i could put money on that he doesn't really care!!!

Txbroadcaster
05-01-2006, 10:17 AM
I would sign him in a minute to a undrafted free agent contract..He is still young enough that with the right coach and support can mature and act like an adult.

He is not as fast as his borther, and he is not as tall, but from all accounts he has a better arm that Mike, and what does it hurt if you sign him now...If he screws up you cut your losses.

Phil C
05-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Would I let him on my team? :thinking:

Not a chance in HELL-o DO YOU THINK I'M NUTS!!!

SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :mad:

kepdawg
05-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :mad:

The Dolphins have shown some compassion and have invited Vick in for a try out.

LH Panther Mom
05-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
The Dolphins have shown some compassion and have invited Vick in for a try out.
Yeah, and Saban's looking forward to Ricky coming back too. :rolleyes:

Cameron Crazy
05-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Would never let him play for me he shouldnt be picked up he should be in a Rehab Center