PDA

View Full Version : Barrick Nealy is a Viking

Bull Butter
04-30-2006, 10:09 PM
Undrafted, but signed as a FA with Minnesota. He's too big of a physical specimen and too good of an athlete not to make an NFL roster somewhere.

Best of luck, Barrick!

big daddy russ
04-30-2006, 10:24 PM
If he would've been on a D-IA team he would've been considered one of the five best QB's in the country.

BreckTxLonghorn
04-30-2006, 10:39 PM
I was wondering where he'd sign. Hopefully he can make some waves as a receiver/backup QB.

I had heard a lot about him earlier in the year, but never believed it until I saw the Semis, where he wouldve found a way to win the game if not for a horrible coaching call by TxState. He'll do something in the NFL, that's for sure.

District303aPastPlayer
04-30-2006, 11:52 PM
ESPN2, covering their playoff run, compared him to Vince Young.. saying if you took them, put a plain colored jersey on them, and watched them play... you couldnt tell the difference by much other than throwing mechanics

GreenMonster
05-01-2006, 12:04 AM
I would have liked to see him sign with the Steelers instead. No one, and I mean no one, does a better job of utilizing the skills of talented young men like Nealy better than Bill Cowher. Nealy has the size to be an excellent possesion type receiver (#2 receiver) and the natural ability to be a very deadly weapon if the Vikes choose to use him as a Slash type of player.

District303aPastPlayer
05-01-2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I would have liked to see him sign with the Steelers instead. No one, and I mean no one, does a better job of utilizing the skills of talented young men like Nealy better than Bill Cowher. Nealy has the size to be an excellent possesion type receiver (#2 receiver) and the natural ability to be a very deadly weapon if the Vikes choose to use him as a Slash type of player.

remember what he did with Kordell...

GreenMonster
05-01-2006, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
remember what he did with Kordell...

Mos Def. Then Hines Ward filled that role until Randell-El was appointed to the position.

big daddy russ
05-01-2006, 12:24 AM
I think that he could be every bit the QB that Young is.

injuredinmelee
05-01-2006, 12:25 AM
i think he fits the Culpepper mold perfectly. The kid can flat out play QB.

Macarthur
05-01-2006, 08:38 AM
I was really hoping the boys would snag him. I, too, think he has big upside.

AP Panther Fan
05-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
ESPN2, covering their playoff run, compared him to Vince Young.. saying if you took them, put a plain colored jersey on them, and watched them play... you couldnt tell the difference by much other than throwing mechanics

Absolutely true!

Congratulations to Barrick Nealy ... it will be fun keeping up with his progress in the NFL.:clap: :clap: :clap: