PDA

View Full Version : Reggie McNeal Drafted to Cincinnati Bengals

Diboll_Lumberjackk
04-30-2006, 06:16 PM
As a QB 7th round. Congrats to the Lufkin Panthers for having such a talented player drafted. Hopefully he fullfills his legacy and makes a helleva run in the NFL.

Emerson1
04-30-2006, 06:16 PM
For awhile there I thought a&m wasn't going to have any players drafted.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
04-30-2006, 06:17 PM
I know. I was hopeing he would get in.

Pball
04-30-2006, 06:30 PM
I found a neat link for him on the Cincy site. For those who haven't seen it

http://aggies9496.com/Images/Videos/TheRealDeal.jpg

He is a proven winner and will help Cincy probably more then they even realize.

Phil C
04-30-2006, 06:33 PM
This may be the biggest steal of the draft considering the late round and everything!

Old Tiger
04-30-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
This may be the biggest steal of the draft considering the late round and everything! Maybe not biggest but it was a good steal.

lostaussie
04-30-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Maybe not biggest but it was a good steal. you are absolutely right. the biggest steal of the draft came with the second overall pick.

Phil C
04-30-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
you are absolutely right. the biggest steal of the draft came with the second overall pick.

You mean the third one. :)

lostaussie
04-30-2006, 07:39 PM
You mean the third one. :) no, i'm pretty sure i mean the second one:D

Phil C
04-30-2006, 07:39 PM
They beat UT 4 - 0 to claim the tournament crown.

lostaussie
04-30-2006, 07:44 PM
They beat UT 4 - 0 to claim the tournament crown. :thinking:

NHSRattler60
04-30-2006, 07:45 PM
I wasn't expecting him to get drafted.

Good Luck Cinci..... maybe you can make him into a good football player.

big daddy russ
04-30-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
I wasn't expecting him to get drafted.

Good Luck Cinci..... maybe you can make him into a good football player.
He has the natural tools, someone just needs to settle him down and teach him how to read defenses. If you're looking at strictly his athletic ability (not just rushing, but also his throwing), he's as gifted as anyone in the draft. Better arm strength than anyone this side of Whitehurst, can be as accurate as Leinart when he's "on," and he's the fastest player out there regardless of position.

He's a streaky player, though, and someone will have to teach him how to play within himself before he'll be anything special.

But like I said, I'd say he's very similar to Michael Vick as far as his natural tools go. May not have the moves, but has a better arm and is just as fast.

NHSRattler60
04-30-2006, 07:58 PM
What matters is Injuries. I can be a good QB when I'm "on" that's not the point.

You have to be consistant.

Consistantly Healthy
Consistantly "On"
Consistantly Ready.

sports=life
04-30-2006, 08:13 PM
Just herd formor Bellville linebacker John Syptak did not get drafted but signed a deal with the Seahawks. He played defencive end for Rice but going as a linebacker.

big daddy russ
04-30-2006, 08:25 PM
What matters is Injuries. I can be a good QB when I'm "on" that's not the point.

You have to be consistant.

Consistantly Healthy
Consistantly "On"
Consistantly Ready.
A few years ago, there was a WR out of Marshall that had two huge questions: he disappeared for stretches and had off-the-field character questions.

He dropped from a top-five pick to number 21, where the Minnesota Vikings drafted him. He's been the best receiver in the league ever since.

If you're picking a guy in rounds 5-7, you pick someone who has the potential to contribute to your team and that's exactly what McNeal gives them. He doesn't have to be consistent as long as a team believes they can coach him to be a contributor.

NHSRattler60
04-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Which brings me back to my first statement. Good Luck Cinci, maybe you can make him into a good athlete.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I was being sincere.

big daddy russ
04-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Which brings me back to my first statement. Good Luck Cinci, maybe you can make him into a good athlete.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I was being sincere.
Gotcha.

NHSRattler60
04-30-2006, 09:00 PM
:thumbsup:

Bulldog_12
05-01-2006, 12:16 AM
His new name (from "the real deal reggie mcneal") will be The Real Steal Reggie McNeal.
He could be very good in Cinci.
Motion him into the backfield, toss it to him, reggie rolls out and throws to a wide open Chad Johnson in the endzone, where he commences to do a river dance and is promptly slapped with a $5,000 fine for celebrating.

un b weavable
05-01-2006, 12:27 PM
This thread is really confusing me. Did reggie mcneal get good in the off season or something? Was i the only one that saw him play last year? McGee should have started every game last year.

mrescape43
05-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Diboll_Lumberjackk
As a QB 7th round. Congrats to the Lufkin Panthers for having such a talented player drafted. Hopefully he fullfills his legacy and makes a helleva run in the NFL.

LAJ states that McNeal was drafted as a wide receiver which should be a good fit for him.

un b weavable
05-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
LAJ states that McNeal was drafted as a wide receiver which should be a good fit for him.
Anything would be a better fit for him than QB.

LH Panther Mom
05-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by un b weavable
This thread is really confusing me. Did reggie mcneal get good in the off season or something? Was i the only one that saw him play last year?
LOL! I think part of his problem is his "leadership" skills, or more correctly, his lack of them.

Cat22
05-01-2006, 12:57 PM
What helped Reggie get drafted was the 4.35 40 he ran at the combine.