PDA

View Full Version : Nash shows why he is MVP...

Emerson1
04-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Turned it over with under 5 seconds to go in the 4th when all he had to do was hold on and wait to be fouled to seal then win, instead has it stolen and kobe hits game tieing shot with .7 left

Then in OT all he had to do again was hold on, instead let someone get a piece of it for a jump ball. Lost the tipoff an LA scored with no time left to win
Lakers go up 3-1 in the series

I wonder if some of the sports writers want to change their from to Dirk or Kobe.

Steer Fever
04-30-2006, 05:54 PM
Lebron should have won hands down

NateDawg39
04-30-2006, 06:02 PM
I would have picked Nash at first...but half way through the season, Dirk and Kobe looked like real MVP's

Hupernikomen
04-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Steer Fever
Lebron should have won hands down

Not quite yet. Give him a couple more years.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-30-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Turned it over with under 5 seconds to go in the 4th when all he had to do was hold on and wait to be fouled to seal then win, instead has it stolen and kobe hits game tieing shot with .7 left

Then in OT all he had to do again was hold on, instead let someone get a piece of it for a jump ball. Lost the tipoff an LA scored with no time left to win
Lakers go up 3-1 in the series

I wonder if some of the sports writers want to change their from to Dirk or Kobe.

Nash was obviously fouled, twice, but I guess that fact escapes you. Poor officiating caused the defeate of the Suns, but you're going to point your finger at a man who is actually out there doing the playing and making the plays. Nash did all he could do, you can't hang the loss on his head because the referees didn't make the call.

TheDOCTORdre
04-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Nash was obviously fouled, twice, but I guess that fact escapes you. Poor officiating caused the defeate of the Suns, but you're going to point your finger at a man who is actually out there doing the playing and making the plays. Nash did all he could do, you can't hang the loss on his head because the referees didn't make the call.
blaming the loss on the refs...you take lessons from shaq?

no in all seriousness, if you want to win a game you should try and not be in the situation where a turnover or a missed call at the end will determine the outcome of the game

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
blaming the loss on the refs...you take lessons from shaq?

no in all seriousness, if you want to win a game you should try and not be in the situation where a turnover or a missed call at the end will determine the outcome of the game
Well, he was actually not in that bad of a position, he was being fouled and was calling for a timeout, so yes, the officiating had a massive impact on the outcome of the game. If the officials had made the right call, then Bryant would have never had the opportunity to make the shot, I'm not taking anything away from him, he came through in the clutch when it counted and won the game, but if the referees had made the right call, it would have never happened.

Maroon87
04-30-2006, 08:43 PM
The one at the end of regulation was a good non-call I thought. The one that led to the jump ball at the end of OT was a blown call IMO. You could tell he was calling timeout and didn't get it.

Chris Hart
04-30-2006, 09:01 PM
The NBA definately has a way of helping out the Lakers in the post-season. Those who think they don't are naive. They generate so much money as a franchise, not to mention all the BIG money from their Hollywood fans. I hate the Lakers!!!!!!:mad:

RMAC
04-30-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm gonna take a page from my brother's book w/ this one. Did the ref's make Nash miss some of the shots he took? No, okay then, you can't blame the refs. Why? you ask? B/c if Nash had made all of his shots then they wouldn't have been in a close game to begin w/ and there wouldn't even be a need to us questioning his award or the refs for that matter.

Emerson1
04-30-2006, 10:15 PM
There was no foul at the play in the end of regulation, he lost the ball. The play in OT I could see why you are crying, but then again there were 3 laker players totally blocking Nash from view and there is no way for the referees to see him. You can see it just fine because of a thing called camera angles. Either way, the suns could of played a little better defense on the last play....wait, what am I thinking, the suns don't know what defense is. Suns need to look into a new coach next season they puts some kind of defensive gameplan in. The suns are the old mavs, run up and down the court playing no defense and try to outscore the opponent.

injuredinmelee
05-01-2006, 12:17 AM
the NBA is by far the most corrupt league in the world. Games are fixed nightly and no one will do anything to stop it.

GreenMonster
05-01-2006, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
the NBA is by far the most corrupt league in the world. Games are fixed nightly and no one will do anything to stop it.

It's all about the Benjamins and the TV networks hold the Benjamins. Gotta give 'em the ratings or the waterfall of Greenbacks might slow to a trickle like in the NHL.

neck_06
05-01-2006, 08:01 AM
should have given it to Vince Young.

Macarthur
05-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Not quite yet. Give him a couple more years.

I don't believe in that philosophy. I don't care if he's a rookie. If he was the best, he was the best. I just don't see how you can argue against Lebron. He has single handely elevated that joke of a franchise to the playoffs in a very short period of time.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
There was no foul at the play in the end of regulation, he lost the ball. The play in OT I could see why you are crying, but then again there were 3 laker players totally blocking Nash from view and there is no way for the referees to see him. You can see it just fine because of a thing called camera angles. Either way, the suns could of played a little better defense on the last play....wait, what am I thinking, the suns don't know what defense is. Suns need to look into a new coach next season they puts some kind of defensive gameplan in. The suns are the old mavs, run up and down the court playing no defense and try to outscore the opponent. Wow, I feel stupid now, I thought we were arguing about the end of overtime....

EricDraven
05-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Never liked Nash. Needs a dang haircut.