PDA

View Full Version : Burnet coach = class

theyoefnshow
09-27-2003, 08:20 AM
Recorded HSextra last night and am watching it now. When asked why he didn't leave his son in the game to get one more TD so that he could break the record he simply said, "That wasn't our goal, we just wanted to win." For a father to see 2 state records w/in inches of his son's grasp has to be an amazing feeling but yet he knew he didn't have to just yet. Seems very respectable to me as this is the same man that could have scored 70 points on Jasper last year but called off the Dogs near the end. Good luck to both Marlin and Burnet the rest of this year.

bd0707
09-27-2003, 08:43 AM
With the exception of Gatesville and Marlin the starters are only playing half of the game. The records will come in time,however or whenever this team is focused on a bigger prize. Character building takes it's shape in many forms and I don't think coach Shipley wants to demoralize any team after a game is in hand.

Chris Hart
09-27-2003, 12:24 PM
We are very proud of Coach Shipley in Burnet. In addition to being a classy guy, the fella can surely coach. He has assembled a brilliant staff here, too bad we are probably going to lose both our OC and DC after this season. They were both highly touted last year, but they declined to remain for this season. Hopefully Coach Shipley will stay, he is a total class act! :)

JasperDog94
09-27-2003, 01:29 PM
theyoefnshow:
Seems very respectable to me as this is the same man that could have scored 70 points on Jasper last year but called off the Dogs near the end.I have one question for you...Were you even at the Jasper/Burnet game last year? Cause there is no way Burnet would've scored 70 on Jasper last year. Towards the end of the game Jasper kept scoring, so Burnet kept the starters in. Burnet was definitely the better team last year, but to say they could've score 70 is a bit of an overstatement.

<small>[ September 27, 2003, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

JasperDog94
09-27-2003, 01:30 PM
nm

<small>[ September 27, 2003, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

theyoefnshow
09-27-2003, 01:35 PM
yes and if you must know I was sitting on the Jasper side. Burnet got to the point where they could score basically at will. Don't kid yourself.

JasperDog94
09-27-2003, 01:49 PM
Sounds like sour grapes to me...especially coming from a guy whose team didn't even approach the endzone against the dawgs last year. Face it. Burnet left the starters in and scored pretty often, but Jasper stopped them several times. Just not often enough. If you call leaving the starters in, throwing downfield, and scoring touchdowns late in the fourth quarter "calling off the dogs" then you're deluding yourself.

theyoefnshow
09-27-2003, 01:52 PM
sour grapes? Jasper kicked the sh*t out of us and you never once heard an excuse from anyone. We were simply overmatched. I'm not dogging you guys I'm just stating it how I saw it. Nobody had scored on you guys in what? 3 or 4 games and they score within 2 minutes? I'd call that "at will." Another thing, if I remember correctly didn't Shipley get taken out of the game @ one point due to an injury? F*ck, who cares, this is totally off topic. That was last year, this is now.

3afan
09-27-2003, 02:14 PM
F*ck ??? was that necessary ???