PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Mile Relay

BU97
04-29-2006, 10:27 PM
I know that Cuero ran away with the meet and all of the credit needs to go their way, but I have to give some props to the Wharton mile relay. Our last two legs were pretty incredible, we were in 7th place with 600 meters to go, 3rd leg (Jamial Shelton) brought us to 3rd and the anchor leg (Kevin Turner) caught and passed Wimberly and Cuero. Didn't run a great time (3:24) but I think the high winds may have affected the times.

Believe or not this is the 5th straight year we have won regionals in the 4x400, so much for this being a rebuilding year with 2 sophs, 2 juniors and 1 senior.

crabman
04-29-2006, 10:38 PM
Super race. Wimberly was a little disappointed. I don't know who their second leg was but he could haul ass. Big white kid with curly blonde hair. Looked like an oversized linebacker. We kept waiting for him to die and he just wouldn't.

Wharton ran exceptionally. What happened to Pierre Flourinor. Did he leave school at semester to go to spring football drills?

BU97
04-29-2006, 11:04 PM
Wimberly's 2nd leg was the Buse kid that was such a stud RB in football.

Pierre has had a pulled groin that just would not heal all year, was able to run well at district but it flaired up on him again last week. One of those deals that doesn't heal unless you just rest it and he wanted to be a part of the team. He ran on the 4x1 and 4x2 on Friday but it was worse this morning so he did not in the finals.

Gobbler Fan
04-30-2006, 05:17 AM
I was waiting for the same thing crabman ----I was amazed how he kept up that pace for the whole 400 meters it was nice to watch .

raider red 2000
05-01-2006, 09:12 AM
great job. Tigers.

that big Wimberly kid impressed me too....that joker didnt die after 200 like I thought he would.