PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Draft

Old Tiger
04-29-2006, 03:37 PM
Round 1: Bobby Carpenter

Judging by the draft they could get a quality wide reciever in the 2cd round and a quality OL in the 3rd.

Old Tiger
04-29-2006, 03:53 PM
What do yall think about Brodie Croyle if he is still around when the Cowboys come back up? Would you take him?

kepdawg
04-29-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
What do yall think about Brodie Croyle if he is still around when the Cowboys come back up? Would you take him?

To hold Drew Henson's clip board?

District303aPastPlayer
04-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
To hold Drew Henson's clip board?

get Henson out and bring in Croyle...

big daddy russ
04-29-2006, 04:03 PM
He's alright, but he's horrible at avoiding the rush. I've watched him his whole career and he has all the tools. He can make tough throws, he's a gutsy QB, and he's a natural leader. I thought he'd be the QB to put those rednecks in Tuscaloosa over the top, but he just hasn't been able to do it. Stretching the field has been a problem with him, even with good arm strength.

I really think Omar Jacobs has the size, pocket presence, and tools to be a great NFL QB down the road... that's who I'd take.

kepdawg
04-29-2006, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
get Henson out and bring in Croyle...

Get rid of Henson? Did Croyle ever play baseball?

Old Tiger
04-29-2006, 04:05 PM
A couple of years with the Tuna and Drew Bledsoe he'll learn a lot from both of them.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-29-2006, 05:00 PM
LenDale White would be a good pick for 2nd round

Old Tiger
04-29-2006, 05:06 PM
Sources: White failed drug test
Revelation likely to hurt running back's status for NFL draft
BY SCOTT WOLF, Staff Writer
Inside SOCAL
Former USC tailback LenDale White tested positive during an NFL drug test, according to multiple sources, which could affect his stock for today's pro draft.

White spoke briefly to a reporter Friday but sounded unconcerned about the situation.

"(The NFL) ain't worried about it," he said. "The issue's been addressed."

Word of the drug test spread through NFL circles Friday and several sources said the test took place at the Indianapolis predraft combine in late February.

"If it's out, it's got to be a combine test," said a source with knowledge of NFL drug testing. "Some teams also give their own tests but those are at individual workouts and no one releases those."

The news could not come at a worse time for White, who has not impressed NFL teams since announcing in January he would turn pro.

"If this is true, this late before the draft, that will sink him," said an agent who asked not to be identified.

White's pro day workout at USC was a disaster. He weighed 244 pounds, six more than at the combine, and bench pressed 225 pounds just 15 times. White then failed to perform any other workouts because of a hamstring injury.

Am MRI later determined that White suffered a moderate tear in his hamstring that will sideline him until mid-May and prevented him from running or working out individually for NFL teams.

"This validates that the reason I didn't run wasn't because I didn't want to, wasn't because I was lazy, but because I was injured," White told the Denver Post. "I did everything I possibly could to get ready for our pro day, but I knew something wasn't right with my leg. Now I've got a doctor with 100 percent expertise on hamstrings saying I have a tear. To me, it proves the attacks against me were unjust."

White was originally projected to be a possible top-10 pick and envisioned going in the top five with USC teammate Reggie Bush, much like Auburn tailbacks Ronnie Brown and Carnell "Cadillac" Williams last year.

But recent mock drafts show him sliding to a late first-round or even second-round selection, which seemed unlikely after he rushed for 124 yards and scored three touchdowns in the Rose Bowl in January.

GOFOR2
04-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Why an OLB? Dont the Cowboys needs to revamp the offensive line? What the heck is going on?

Old Tiger
04-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
LenDale White would be a good pick for 2nd round It wouldn't be a good pick. They have Julius Jones and Marion Barber.

Old Tiger
04-29-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
Why an OLB? Dont the Cowboys needs to revamp the offensive line? What the heck is going on? To have a guy opposite of Demarcus Ware. ;)

They can address OL in this round or the 3rd. They do NEED a DT.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-29-2006, 05:09 PM
He is a surprisingly good athlete for such a big back, which allows him to make sharp cuts to get through the backside hole very well. He has the quick feet and agility to avoid tacklers in the backfield and can accelerate to full speed quickly. While he lacks explosiveness, he does get through the hole fast and has the play speed to make big plays once he gets to full speed. He runs very strong and aggressive, which helps him to consistently break tackles and gain yards after contact. He does a very good job of reading the defense to adjust to different blitzes, gets into good position and stands up blitzers in their tracks consistently -- very good strength as pass blocker.

This is a Parcell type of back and he does like to use several backs not just 2

Old Tiger
04-29-2006, 05:11 PM
It is not a NEED however. They need a DT, youth at WR, and OL which you could pick up in later rounds.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-29-2006, 05:14 PM
if hes still on the board , dont be suprise if they select White then go for OL or DT in 3rd round

SintonFan_inAustin
04-29-2006, 05:18 PM
:mad: :mad: hes off the board

Old Tiger
04-29-2006, 05:20 PM
Don't be mad, it's a good thing he is, the guy is lazy.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-29-2006, 05:22 PM
He matched Reggie Bush rushing yards and had 17 more TDs than bush and all that while being lazy.

Old Tiger
04-29-2006, 05:23 PM
The guy showed up 15 lbs. heavy and only reped 225 15 times...

District303aPastPlayer
04-29-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
He matched Reggie Bush rushing yards and had 17 more TDs than bush and all that while being lazy.

not to mention setting a record at USC for TDs...

oh yeah... he also tore his hamstring...

District303aPastPlayer
04-29-2006, 05:24 PM
The guy showed up 15 lbs. heavy and only reped 225 15 times...

he ended the Rose Bowl at 252... he's down to 239 right now...

Old Tiger
04-29-2006, 05:25 PM
Max Gean-Giles; G - Georgia is still on the board. He is very Lary Allen like.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-29-2006, 05:28 PM
with White off the board, as Cowboys had interest in him from radio reports from cowboys network, They most likely look OL in there next pick

WOSgrad
04-29-2006, 05:40 PM
What did the Boys get for the trade with the Jets to swap #2 picks?

TheDOCTORdre
04-29-2006, 05:42 PM
they just showed it on ESPN but I wasnt fast enough...it was like 3 late round picks in this years draft

Old Tiger
*** just happened?

District303aPastPlayer
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
they just showed it on ESPN but I wasnt fast enough...it was like 3 late round picks in this years draft

2nd, 6th, 7th

WOSgrad
04-29-2006, 05:48 PM
That's what it looked like, but I couldn't see too clearly (didn't have the glasses on).

TheDOCTORdre
04-29-2006, 06:02 PM
the got the ND TE now

Old Tiger
04-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Whyyy?

TheDOCTORdre
04-29-2006, 06:04 PM
Parcells was looking for a TE going into the draft to go with Witten(sp)

Old Tiger
04-30-2006, 02:13 PM
After today I feel better about the Cowboys draft. It's not a WOW draft but it fills the holes. Skylar Greene was a great steal along with Pat Watkins. Watkins is a 6'5" 215 pound free safety, btw.