PDA

View Full Version : Actual laws in Mexico

Ranger Mom
04-29-2006, 10:44 AM
DISCLAIMER: I got this from the Old Coach, so I don't know how accurate it is.....if it is though, it is thought provoking to say the least!.................RM

Here are actual laws of Mexico...

* If you immigrate to our country, you have to speak the native language.

* You have to be a professional or an investor; no unskilled workers allowed.

* There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools. No special ballots for elections. No government business will be conducted in your language.

* Foreigners will not have the right to vote — or hold political office.

* If you’re in our country, you cannot be a burden to taxpayers. You are not entitled to welfare, food stamps, or other government goodies.

* But if you want to buy land, it'll be restricted. No waterfront, for instance. As a foreigner, you must relinquish individual rights to the property.

* You don’t have the right to protest. You're allowed no demonstrations, no foreign flag waving, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our President or his policies.

* And if you come here illegally, you're going to jail.

RMAC
04-29-2006, 10:45 AM
So now I see what all the fuss is about. And all these years I thought it was b/c we wouldn't let them get a lonestar card.

CHS_CG
04-29-2006, 11:30 AM
Well wth is the problem then, they dont needa come here gripping bc they dont get the sh*t they want.. go back to their country. thats what we would get told if we were down there!

pirate44
04-29-2006, 11:38 AM
if those are real laws, then it goes to show why the U.S. is a great country.

also in Mexico i have heard that if you are arrested you are considered guilty until proven innocent.

sinton66
04-29-2006, 11:39 AM
You should check out the story on the morning news. There's a Headline in this morning's Corpus Christi Caller that says "Mexico OKs pot possession".

Mexico's Congress approved a bill Friday that would legalize small quantities of Marijuana, Ectasy, Cocaine, Peyote, and even Heroin for personal use. Mexican President , Vicente Fox is expected to sign the bill.

His office's official statement: "The presidency congratulates the Congress for approving the reforms. This law gives police and prosecutors better legal tools to combat drug crimes that do so much damage to our youth and children."

Yeah, these folks are committed to stopping illegal drug traffic. What a bunch of sellouts.

lepfan
04-29-2006, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
You should check out the story on the morning news. There's a Headline in this morning's Corpus Christi Caller that says "Mexico OKs pot possession".

Mexico's Congress approved a bill Friday that would legalize small quantities of Marijuana, Ectasy, Cocaine, Peyote, and even Heroin for personal use. Mexican President , Vicente Fox is expected to sign the bill.

His office's official statement: "The presidency congratulates the Congress for approving the reforms. This law gives police and prosecutors better legal tools to combat drug crimes that do so much damage to our youth and children."

Yeah, these folks are committed to stopping illegal drug traffic. What a bunch of sellouts. Well then out strategy needs to be....We fight to get all the druggies arrested and convicted----and then throw their butts into jail. Maybe then we will have a mass exodus of all the druggies to Mexico....pretty soon wwe will have killed two birds with one stone!!!! I am so bright ;) :)

mrescape43
04-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

Yeah, these folks are committed to stopping illegal drug traffic. What a bunch of sellouts.

I read an article on this and their reasoning was that they wouldn't have to spend so much time arresting the users instead they will be concentrating on dealers and suppliers.

I don't buy into this logic but we will have to wait and see.

gato 76
04-29-2006, 02:40 PM
There goverment don't care,sometimes i wonder about if ours does as long as there is a great demand for drug use in this country the problem will never get solved.Look at people like Rush Limbaugh with his addiction to precription drugs,he cut a deal and his case will be dismissed.

sinton66
04-29-2006, 02:47 PM
The attempt to de-criminalize drugs does not cure anything. It's supply and demand like anything else. As long as there are people who will use them, the supply will be there. It is a STUPID and wrong-headed approach that will not help the situation. It is for lack of better words, a cop out.

PPHSfan
04-29-2006, 03:48 PM
Nice post, but this is mostly BB fodder. You can tell by the way it is written it's not actual law. Just somebody sending an email around that hates Mexicans. LOL

injuredinmelee
04-29-2006, 05:33 PM
I read a story in the paper this morning also that possession of Marijuana, cocaine, weed, and heroin would be legalized. Their version of congress passed the law yesterday and it was simply awaiting Vicente Fox's signature which his office said he WOULD sign. This is more proof that the mexican government cares nothing about drugs and nothing about america. Its time to build the wall like the one they had in Jurassic Park to keep the TRex in.

TheDOCTORdre
04-29-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Its time to build the wall like the one they had in Jurassic Park to keep the TRex in.
have you ever seen Jurassic Park...the T-Rex escapes...we need a better wall than that :D

injuredinmelee
04-29-2006, 05:36 PM
power failure. We can do it.. we can do it... i was gonna say like the great wall of china. you aint digging under or cutting your way through that.

KingRob
04-29-2006, 08:01 PM
Shoot! Just when we were winning the "War on Drugs", we have this setback. Come on people! Why magnify Mexico's problems? We have our own!

mrescape43
04-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
Shoot! Just when we were winning the "War on Drugs", we have this setback. Come on people! Why magnify Mexico's problems? We have our own!

We are not and never will be winning the war on drugs. Someone is going to supply the demand. Too much easy money to be made.

Chief Woodman
04-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Try this link for something that cites Mexico's laws
http://www.shns.com/shns/g_index2.cfm?action=detail&pk=MEXICO-04-24-06

olddawggreen
05-01-2006, 07:35 PM
I think the simple solution to this whole problem would be for the US to adopt some of Mexicos imigration laws. Then we just tell the protesters that we have the same laws thier country does. Sounds simple doesn't it? How could they argue with that?

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
DISCLAIMER: I got this from the Old Coach, so I don't know how accurate it is.....if it is though, it is thought provoking to say the least!.................RM

* There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools. No special ballots for elections. No government business will be conducted in your language.

* If you’re in our country, you cannot be a burden to taxpayers. You are not entitled to welfare, food stamps, or other government goodies.

* But if you want to buy land, it'll be restricted. No waterfront, for instance. As a foreigner, you must relinquish individual rights to the property.

* You don’t have the right to protest. You're allowed no demonstrations, no foreign flag waving, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our President or his policies.

KingRob
05-02-2006, 05:28 AM
Actually, I was being a bit sarcastic with the war on drugs comment. I know this will never be won. However, looking over the Mexican laws, they look quite similar to Germany's laws. I work for the DOD over here, but if I wanted to become "German", I would have to make all kinds of promises, because I am not "German". If you are going to get the benefits of their social welfare system, you are supposed to kick in some $$ in the bucket (so to speak!). Which I agree with 100%. You also have to take a test that read and write German. Then again, Germany is a first world country, and even with it's social system and high taxes is a nice place to live. I just can't see myself wanting to live in Mexico!

cdlvj
05-02-2006, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

In Europe, a lot of countries make you show them the cash before they even let you visit.

chugbug
05-02-2006, 10:17 AM
All of this problem can be eliminated. We have defeated them on numerous ocassions. We need to takeover Mexico and carve it up into States. We are supporting the whole damm country as it is. Invade and take over. :eek: :eek: :tongue: :eyetwitch :eyetwitch :eyetwitch