PDA

View Full Version : Mench homers in seventh straight game

kepdawg
04-28-2006, 09:07 PM
Ranger's Mench homers in seventh straight game

09:00 PM CDT on Friday, April 28, 2006

By RICHARD DURRETT / The Dallas Morning News

CLEVELAND – Kevin Mench has continued his incredible streak, homering in seven consecutive games as the Indians and Rangers play in the eighth. He's the first right-handed batter in major league history to homer in that many consecutive games. If he hits a homer Saturday, he'll tie the major league record for homers in consecutive games, held by Ken Griffey (Seattle, 1993), Dale Long (Pittsburgh, 1956) and Don Mattingly (NY Yankees, 1987). Jim Thome, as a member of the Indians, is the only other player to hit a homer in seven consecutive games.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-28-2006, 10:36 PM
Mench Homers to bring them to within one run and who goes out to pitch the bottom of the 8th to keep it close, Cordero and he quickly gives that run back. The Rangers score a run in the 9th and lose 7-6:mad:

mrescape43
04-28-2006, 10:44 PM
Don Mattingly and Dale Long share the major league record by hitting a home run in 8 consecutive games. Don Mattingly hit 10 home runs during this 8 game span which is a major league record.

Keith7
04-29-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Don Mattingly and Dale Long share the major league record by hitting a home run in 8 consecutive games. Don Mattingly hit 10 home runs during this 8 game span which is a major league record.

I think that Ken Griffy Jr. also holds that record of 8... but go Shrek! i knew he had it in him!!

Too bad I was an Idiot and didn't play him in my fantasy league this week