PDA

View Full Version : Some N.TX Girl's Softball for Phil C

Bullaholic
04-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Just for you Phil......I hope UT is looking at this Brittany Barnhill girl from Northwest (4A). She can really do it all----Hit a triple and a grand-slam and pitched a no-hitter in the last playoff game, and she is only a junior.

Congrats to all 4 Wise Co. girl's softball teams for their wins.

Wise County Messenger Update
Friday, April 28, 2006

GREAT DAY FOR SOFTBALL – All four Wise County teams were victorious in the first round of the high school state playoffs last night. In Class 4A action in Grapevine, junior Brittany Barnhill hit a grand slam and a triple and pitched a no-hitter to lead Northwest to a 15-0 win over Dallas Woodrow Wilson. In Class 3A play, Bridgeport won its first playoff game in more than seven years with a 3-0 win over Whitney in Crowley. Pitcher Cami Riley held Whitney to three hits while the Sissies pounded out 10 hits. The Sissies will face Graham next week as they aim for a state title under Coach Lori Lammers. In a Class 2A contest in Granbury, Chico blanked Hamilton 2-0. Pitcher Wendy Whone tossed a shutout for the Lady Dragons. Boyd needed a little extra game time to survive as it defeated Eastland 3-2 in eight innings. The Lady Yellowjackets scored two runs in the sixth inning to tie the game and added one more in the eighth to edge the Mavericks, who will be a district opponent the next two years. Decatur’s Lady Eagles and Paradise’s Lady Panthers both drew byes in the first round.

Phil C
04-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Thanks Bull! I hope UT looks at her. The problem is there are so many great girls out there and there are only so many available scholarships. I hope she gets to go to a UT camp and they can see her. She sounds like a good one.