PDA

View Full Version : got tix to the Corpus Christi Hammerheads game tonight

pirate44
04-28-2006, 12:35 PM
has anyone seen a game before? ive never been, but i got our company's 5 season ticket seats. im looking forward to it.

un b weavable
04-28-2006, 12:37 PM
Seen a game? I couldn't even tell you what sport that is.

pirate44
04-28-2006, 12:38 PM
indoor football

un b weavable
04-28-2006, 12:43 PM
Oh, sounds pretty sweet.

District303aPastPlayer
04-28-2006, 12:55 PM
be prepared for some of the hardest hits you've ever seen...

last season, Roy Salas #9 came across from the safety position to hit a reciever jumping up to catch a pass near the boards... and put him 3-4 rows into the crowd... i almost lost my mind. I think i might wind up there tonight with my dad... still not sure...

pirate44
04-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
be prepared for some of the hardest hits you've ever seen...

last season, Roy Salas #9 came across from the safety position to hit a reciever jumping up to catch a pass near the boards... and put him 3-4 rows into the crowd... i almost lost my mind. I think i might wind up there tonight with my dad... still not sure...
hope to see yall there. im going with my son, wife and a niece and nephew. we will be close to mid-field 12 rows up, so i dont think we'll end up with a playin in our laps. lol. i wonder if they will be doing anything special since its opening day.

District303aPastPlayer
04-28-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
hope to see yall there. im going with my son, wife and a niece and nephew. we will be close to mid-field 12 rows up, so i dont think we'll end up with a playin in our laps. lol. i wonder if they will be doing anything special since its opening day.

they always give crap away. towels, calendars, coozies. anyway, if you get a ball thrown your way, catch it and hold onto it. its yours.

pirate44
04-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
they always give crap away. towels, calendars, coozies. anyway, if you get a ball thrown your way, catch it and hold onto it. its yours.
:thumbsup:

District303aPastPlayer
04-28-2006, 05:01 PM
there is a great chance im headed out there too! woohoo!!

pirate44
04-29-2006, 07:54 AM
i have a feeling thatll be the last time i go to a hammerheads game. there was no emphasis on football at all. it was all about entertainment - adult entertainment. every mens club in town must have shut down since all their "employees" were cheerleaders at lsat nights game. definately not a place to take kids. i think i'll stick to the wholesome fun of America's pastime and go to a Hooks game from now on.

Maroon87
04-29-2006, 08:28 AM
i have a feeling thatll be the last time i go to a hammerheads game. there was no emphasis on football at all. it was all about entertainment - adult entertainment. every mens club in town must have shut down since all their "employees" were cheerleaders at lsat nights game. definately not a place to take kids. i think i'll stick to the wholesome fun of America's pastime and go to a Hooks game from now on.

Kinda like the XFL huh? :doh:

District303aPastPlayer
04-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Kinda like the XFL huh? :doh:

far from it... they have some attractive cheerleaders... and mike, it was opening day.. of course its going to be a show... wait til about 3 games in... it gets better...

3afan
04-29-2006, 10:20 AM
i went to a Dallas Desperados game a few years ago - I wanted to leave at half time cause I got so tired of the PA guy screaming - what a beating

pirate44
04-29-2006, 11:35 AM
i ended up leaving at halftime to take the kids to go eat ice cream. i was also expecting more and harder hitting. there were a few good hits and plays, but just uncomfortable having kids with you.

District303aPastPlayer
04-29-2006, 11:39 AM
i ended up leaving at halftime to take the kids to go eat ice cream. i was also expecting more and harder hitting. there were a few good hits and plays, but just uncomfortable having kids with you.

i always wind up there with guys from work.. great times...