PDA

View Full Version : Kieth Jackson Retires

oldcrow
04-28-2006, 10:19 AM
He was great in the booth BUT his time was coming. Not sure if it was the new "Spread Offense" or just old age but he had no clue what he was saying these last few years.

BreckTxLonghorn
04-28-2006, 10:38 AM
He was the best, in my opinion, but you're right, these last few years he just hasn't been classic Jackson. Plus, he was being very lackadaisical (sp) these past few years in following the National Broadcasters Cardinal Rule: No bias. He was completely a Pac-10 announcer, and it showed many times (as it did in Fouts, who was just trying to emulate Jackson) in the Rose Bowl game.

Still, I'll miss him. Now let's start a petition to have Craig Way take over!

Johnny Utah
04-28-2006, 01:06 PM
Come on, very classy announcer. He is the best and will always be the best. He can still bring it. His voice is the voice of college football, not just the pac 10.

oldcrow
04-28-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Come on, very classy announcer. He is the best and will always be the best. He can still bring it. His voice is the voice of college football, not just the pac 10.

I agree...he has the best voice was the best:clap:

vet93
04-28-2006, 03:22 PM
I am an Aggie fan but really like the way Craig Way announces...very professional! He would make a great national guy.

Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
He was the best, in my opinion, but you're right, these last few years he just hasn't been classic Jackson. Plus, he was being very lackadaisical (sp) these past few years in following the National Broadcasters Cardinal Rule: No bias. He was completely a Pac-10 announcer, and it showed many times (as it did in Fouts, who was just trying to emulate Jackson) in the Rose Bowl game.

Still, I'll miss him. Now let's start a petition to have Craig Way take over!