PDA

View Full Version : the houst that reggie's parents stayed at

AggieJohn
04-28-2006, 07:11 AM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/spo/med/2006/04/ipt/1146206078.jpg

Michael Michaels, who owns the Spring Valley, Calif., home where Reggie Bush's family lived for nearly a year, said Thursday he will file a $300,000 lawsuit against the Bush family Friday to recoup unpaid rent and other finances given to the USC star's family.

Michaels' attorney, Brian Watkins, alleged Thursday night that Bush's mother and stepfather, Denise and LaMar Griffin, never paid rent for the home which has become the center of a joint Pacific 10 Conference and NCAA investigation. Watkins also said that Michaels was the source of funds that allowed Bush's family to travel to several USC road games last season.

Not paying rent could constitute extra benefits and a violation of NCAA rules.

According to Watkins, Michaels' involvement with the Bush family stemmed from plans put together by LaMar Griffin and Lloyd Lake, who he alleges planned to establish New Era Sports & Entertainment – with Reggie Bush as a client – in November of 2004, prior to the Trojans winning that season's national championship.

Watkins said Michaels' role in New Era Sports was that of an investor.

ADVERTISEMENT
"There was an agreement that they weren't supposed to live free and mooch in that house," Watkins said. "They were supposed to pay rent. But they never paid one dime. Their premise for not paying was that, 'Next month, we'll pay you. Next month we'll pay you.' Then it got to the extent where they were saying, 'Well, don't worry about it, it's all guaranteed because we're going to be owners of this marketing and agency business, we'll give it to you out of our profits.' And the money they owed Michael Michaels was guaranteed by Reggie Bush, who said, 'Yeah, don't even worry about it, it will be taken care of.'

"Twelve months passed by in that house, and not one dollar was paid."

Said Michaels: "They took advantage of me."

Watkins said that after New Era Sports & Entertainment failed as a business, Michaels sought to recoup the $300,000 in back rent and other finances he had given to the Bush family over the course of the last 12 months. He said the claims will be backed up by documents, text messages and other forms of communication collected in recent months. Watkins said he has been negotiating a settlement with Bush's lawyer, David Cornwell, for the last three months, but moved to evict the Bush family from the home last week.

"Reggie said that, oh, he found them a nicer house and that's why they moved, but the truth is I served them with an eviction notice that I can fax you a copy of," Watkins said.

turbostud
04-28-2006, 07:13 AM
There is no way I would ever live in California. That house is worth 3/4 of million dollars???? My house looks nicer than that its just not 2 story. Way to expensive to live there.

mrescape43
04-28-2006, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/spo/med/2006/04/ipt/1146206078.jpg

Michael Michaels, who owns the Spring Valley, Calif., home where Reggie Bush's family lived for nearly a year, said Thursday he will file a $300,000 lawsuit against the Bush family Friday to recoup unpaid rent and other finances given to the USC star's family.

Michaels' attorney, Brian Watkins, alleged Thursday night that Bush's mother and stepfather, Denise and LaMar Griffin, never paid rent for the home which has become the center of a joint Pacific 10 Conference and NCAA investigation. Watkins also said that Michaels was the source of funds that allowed Bush's family to travel to several USC road games last season.

Not paying rent could constitute extra benefits and a violation of NCAA rules.

According to Watkins, Michaels' involvement with the Bush family stemmed from plans put together by LaMar Griffin and Lloyd Lake, who he alleges planned to establish New Era Sports & Entertainment – with Reggie Bush as a client – in November of 2004, prior to the Trojans winning that season's national championship.

Watkins said Michaels' role in New Era Sports was that of an investor.

ADVERTISEMENT
"There was an agreement that they weren't supposed to live free and mooch in that house," Watkins said. "They were supposed to pay rent. But they never paid one dime. Their premise for not paying was that, 'Next month, we'll pay you. Next month we'll pay you.' Then it got to the extent where they were saying, 'Well, don't worry about it, it's all guaranteed because we're going to be owners of this marketing and agency business, we'll give it to you out of our profits.' And the money they owed Michael Michaels was guaranteed by Reggie Bush, who said, 'Yeah, don't even worry about it, it will be taken care of.'

"Twelve months passed by in that house, and not one dollar was paid."

Watkins said that after New Era Sports & Entertainment failed as a business, Michaels sought to recoup the $300,000 in back rent and other finances he had given to the Bush family over the course of the last 12 months. He said the claims will be backed up by documents, text messages and other forms of communication collected in recent months. Watkins said he has been negotiating a settlement with Bush's lawyer, David Cornwell, for the last three months, but moved to evict the Bush family from the home last week.

"Reggie said that, oh, he found them a nicer house and that's why they moved, but the truth is I served them with an eviction notice that I can fax you a copy of," Watkins said.

The lowlife is trying to cover his tracks now. I hope they stick it to all involved.

Ranger Mom
04-28-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
There is no way I would ever live in California. That house is worth 3/4 of million dollars???? My house looks nicer than that its just not 2 story. Way to expensive to live there.

No joke. My aunt sold her condo in San Diego last summer for $375,000. She moved to Midland and bought a brand new house (WAY nicer than the condo) for $200,000.

Phil C
04-28-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by mrescape43
The lowlife is trying to cover his tracks now. I hope they stick it to all involved.

SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :mad:

Adidas410s
04-28-2006, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
No joke. My aunt sold her condo in San Diego last summer for $375,000. She moved to Midland and bought a brand new house (WAY nicer than the condo) for $200,000.

K who in their right mind would move from San Diego to Midland??? :doh:

big daddy russ
04-28-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
Texas is a relatively cheap place to live. One of my best friends was living in Northern Virginia in an old, semi-run down 1,600-sq. ft. house a few years ago. He repainted it and put some new siding on it, but nothing major. A couple of years ago, he was called back to the Corpus area. He sold the house for $420K, bought one house in Northshore Country Club in Portland, and bought a rental property with what was left over.

kaorder1999
04-28-2006, 10:57 AM
i now wish nothing but failure on Reggie Bush and his family!

Ranger Mom
04-28-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
K who in their right mind would move from San Diego to Midland??? :doh:

She absolutely HATED California, my aunt and her 2 daughters (my cousins) and one of the cousin's husband and 2 kids ALL moved here.

There were all born and raised in San Diego and they think Midland is GREAT. What they can't get over is how nice everyone is all the time.

When she moved into her house here, the neighbors brought over dishes of food, some plants, just came over to introduce themselves...they were SHOCKED. They said that would NEVER happen in California.

BTEXDAD
04-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

When she moved into her house here, the neighbors brought over dishes of food, some plants, just came over to introduce themselves...they were SHOCKED. They said that would NEVER happen in California.

I don't know, Mom. I was in San Francisco for about a week in 2003. Several guys wanted to take me out for drinks and dinner. They seemed real nice.

LH Panther Mom
04-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
I don't know, Mom. I was in San Francisco for about a week in 2003. Several guys wanted to take me out for drinks and dinner. They seemed real nice.
:eek: :eek: :eek: Did you accept? ;)

GreenMonster
04-28-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:eek: :eek: :eek: Did you accept? ;)

:devil: :devil: I would have accepted the dinner and drink and then stiffed 'em in the end! :devil: :devil:

Adidas410s
04-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
:devil: :devil: I would have accepted the dinner and drink and then stiffed 'em in the end! :devil: :devil:
You sure would "stiff" them in the "end" wouldn't you GM??? ;)

GOFOR2
04-28-2006, 02:34 PM

there must be a better way to word that....

spiveyrat
04-28-2006, 02:36 PM

...and just what do you mean by "stiffed 'em in the end"??? :eek:

big daddy russ
04-28-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
there must be a better way to word that....
ROFL.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-28-2006, 02:48 PM

ROFL he was trying to take advantage of them, they just beat him to it
;)

HMM maybe since their New Era Sports & Entertainment failed as a business maybe they make a movie out of this mess their in and make more money

Phil C
04-28-2006, 04:24 PM
No wonder Reggie wants to come to Houston where there are no state taxes and houses are so much cheaper.