PDA

View Full Version : Have the Texans Seen this Video?

TheDOCTORdre
04-27-2006, 09:18 PM
I think Houston needs to see this video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ADh52Uf2EwE) before saturday

big daddy russ
04-27-2006, 10:31 PM
I don't know if God himself could've avoided most of those sacks that the video showed. Always had at least two defensive players breaking through. Vince could very well become what Andre Ware was supposed to be, but he's not going to do it in Houston. That's the right call as far as football's concerned. Now if they do take Reggie Bush, I think that's the wrong call.

DU_stud04
04-27-2006, 10:44 PM
that video is hilarious at the end

NHSRattler60
04-27-2006, 11:30 PM
vince will be sacked just as much if they have bad protection.

I'm telling you.

wos fan1
04-27-2006, 11:45 PM
They need an OL is what they need.

HM33
04-27-2006, 11:47 PM
Any and every QB would be sacked as much as Carr was with that line. VY or not. Vick would have a better chance than VY.

Phil C
04-28-2006, 08:32 AM
Pick Vince Young! It is obviously what the City and Fans that buy the tickets want.

Adidas410s
04-28-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Pick Vince Young! It is obviously what the City and Fans that buy the tickets want.

Phil...have you ever NOT been a homer? Almost to 8000 btw

BTEXDAD
04-28-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by HM33
Any and every QB would be sacked as much as Carr was with that line. VY or not. Vick would have a better chance than VY.

no way. At least 25% of the sacks for Texans have to be blamed on Carr. I saw him many times rolling out to avoid rush, being outside the pocket and running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage to avoid rush or being tackled before he threw ball away(which was a sack in the record books). Even the home town announcers said it was a dumb play by Carr not to throw the ball away which he could do once outside the pocket.

Macarthur
04-28-2006, 10:32 AM
I hope VY does well in the NFL, but I don't blame the Texans at all for not picking him. You have to do what you think is best for the team. Obviously, they don't think he would be best for the team. I laugh when I hear people talk about him selling tickets. Hey, they're going to sell tickets with or without VY.

The thing you must remember is that VY will not be able to run around in the NFL like he did in that video. He has to improve his passing. If he plays in the NFL like he did in college, he will get broken in half. Vick is faster and more ellusive and he is injured all the time.

BTEXDAD
04-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I hope VY does well in the NFL, but I don't blame the Texans at all for not picking him. You have to do what you think is best for the team. Obviously, they don't think he would be best for the team. I laugh when I hear people talk about him selling tickets. Hey, they're going to sell tickets with or without VY.

The thing you must remember is that VY will not be able to run around in the NFL like he did in that video. He has to improve his passing. If he plays in the NFL like he did in college, he will get broken in half. Vick is faster and more ellusive and he is injured all the time.

I hope VY does well in the nfl, but Texans must have their own reasons for not picking him (big contract in place for Carr). You have to do what you think is best for the team. Obviously, they don't think Vince would be best for the team.
Attendance was down for first time in 2005 and I laugh when I hear people talk about Reggie helping sell as many tickets as Vince.
The thing you must remember is that Reggie will not be able to run around in the NFL like he did in his highlight video. He also has to improve his blocking. If he plays in the Nfl like he did in college, he will get broken in half.

big daddy russ
04-28-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
I hope VY does well in the nfl, but Texans must have their own reasons for not picking him (big contract in place for Carr). You have to do what you think is best for the team. Obviously, they don't think Vince would be best for the team.
Attendance was down for first time in 2005 and I laugh when I hear people talk about Reggie helping sell as many tickets as Vince.
The thing you must remember is that Reggie will not be able to run around in the NFL like he did in his highlight video. He also has to improve his blocking. If he plays in the Nfl like he did in college, he will get broken in half.
I agree. And I think the same thing about Vince.

big daddy russ
04-28-2006, 11:02 AM
...I laugh when I hear people talk about him selling tickets. Hey, they're going to sell tickets with or without VY...
On average, a big-name college player (i.e. Mike Vick, Peter Warrick, Vince Young, Reggie Bush, etc.) sells tickets for a year, maybe two, after they leave college. After that, you have to bring home W's. Call me skeptical, but I don't think that either Bush or Vince will turn that team around.

Adidas410s
04-28-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
On average, a big-name college player (i.e. Mike Vick, Peter Warrick, Vince Young, Reggie Bush, etc.) sells tickets for a year, maybe two, after they leave college. After that, you have to bring home W's. Call me skeptical, but I don't think that either Bush or Vince will turn that team around.

you're skeptical Russ...

un b weavable
04-28-2006, 12:28 PM

The thing you must remember is that Reggie will not be able to run around in the NFL like he did in his highlight video.

What makes you so sure VY can prance around in the NFL like he did in HIS highlight video.

BTEXDAD
04-28-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by un b weavable
What makes you so sure VY can prance around in the NFL like he did in HIS highlight video.

Read Macarthur's post prior to mine. I was responding to him saying Vince couldn't do it. I was simply stating it won't be so easy for reggie either.
I've heard people say VY won't be able to do the same things in pros as college because of faster athletes which is correct, but same thing is true for Reggie.

un b weavable
04-28-2006, 12:41 PM
My bad, i missed that.:doh:

BTEXDAD
04-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by un b weavable
My bad, i missed that.:doh:
No problem.
I've just got opinion that's different than Texan brass. Hope they do well regardless.
There was article in Houston Chronicle this morn that said even though many think drafting Vince would be a better marketing decision, that would only be for Houston and inside Texas borders.
Article said Bush better known nationally and internationally. Sales of jerseys and other Texans gear would increase by much more outside of Texas borders by drafting Bush as opposed to Young.
I personally could care less what football gear the people outside of Texas wear, but apparently Texans have actually looked at the marketing side of draft also. That article said the dumbest thing the Texans could do as far as marketing would be to draft someone other than bush or young (Mario Williams), even though drafting other positions may actually help them win more. I read between lines of article some, but that was what I got out of it.

Macarthur
04-28-2006, 01:13 PM

I don't doubt he will not do exactly the same thing in the NFL.

However, your comparison does not work though because RB is different than QB. Bush is 6' 200lbs and built like a running back. He's used to taking on tacklers and avoiding hits. Vince's long build makes him a big target. If Vince runs the ball 15 times a game, he will not finish a season.

Vince will have to become a better passer to succeed in the NFL. It's a fact. He can not run in the NFL like he did in college. It just can not and will not happen.

BTW, there are those that evaluate players for a living that think Bush is the best college football player regardless of position to come into the draft in 20 years.

mustang04
04-28-2006, 01:20 PM

However, your comparison does not work though because RB is different than QB. Bush is 6' 200lbs and built like a running back. He's used to taking on tacklers and avoiding hits. Vince's long build makes him a big target. If Vince runs the ball 15 times a game, he will not finish a season.

Vince will have to become a better passer to succeed in the NFL. It's a fact. He can not run in the NFL like he did in college. It just can not and will not happen.
its not about reggies build..its about his decision makin when pullin moves, as much as he goes in the air and does all the fancy stuff he did in college, his career may be cut waaaayyyy shorter than vince youngs

Macarthur
04-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
its not about reggies build..its about his decision makin when pullin moves, as much as he goes in the air and does all the fancy stuff he did in college, his career may be cut waaaayyyy shorter than vince youngs

I suspect it won't take him long to realize what he can and can not do in the league.

mustang04
04-28-2006, 01:31 PM
I suspect it won't take him long to realize what he can and can not do in the league.
and i suspect that vinve young will learn what weaknesses he needs to work on in the league....

Macarthur
04-28-2006, 01:37 PM
and i suspect that vinve young will learn what weaknesses he needs to work on in the league....

As I said earlier, he will have to work pretty extensively on his passing because he will not be able to fall back on his athleticism as much as he did in college. It will help him some, just not anywhere near the extent it did in college.

That lead option, which was about the only play Texas ran, will not work in the NFL.

mustang04
04-28-2006, 01:42 PM
As I said earlier, he will have to work pretty extensively on his passing because he will not be able to fall back on his athleticism as much as he did in college. It will help him some, just not anywhere near the extent it did in college.

Do you realize what will happen in the NFL if they try to run that lead option that was the staple of UT's offense? It won't work, man.

no...i realize that...but do u realize how big of a plus it is when u have a QB that HAS that athleticsim to fall back on in emergencies??? i mean there have been times in huge games that if the QB woulda just had a lil speed and some moves that he could have saved the game....you can coach mechanics, technique and decision making...you CANT coach God given speed and agility...only tweak it a lil

i have NOTHING against reggie...HELL me and the guy have the same name!! but thats not the reason why im interested in him...i think he will be AWESOME to watch run the ball and i seriosuly hope he goes down in history as an NFL great, ALONG with Vince young....they are BOTH great great athletes who did alot for their team in college and only deserve to have an NFL career to follow up such a college career as theirs!!!

BTEXDAD
04-28-2006, 01:44 PM
The one thing I'm sure of, macarthur, I don't know what I'll have to talk about after the draft.

Macarthur
04-28-2006, 03:11 PM
no...i realize that...but do u realize how big of a plus it is when u have a QB that HAS that athleticsim to fall back on in emergencies??? i mean there have been times in huge games that if the QB woulda just had a lil speed and some moves that he could have saved the game....you can coach mechanics, technique and decision making...you CANT coach God given speed and agility...only tweak it a lil

There's no doubt his athletic ability will help him in many situations, but it seems like what you are referring to is scrambling ability. Remember that scrambling means things have broken down. If he has to do that often, then they're going to lose no matter how athletic he is. For a QB to move his football team consistently in the NFL, he must be a good passer. I don't think Vince is there, yet.

Macarthur
04-28-2006, 03:12 PM
The one thing I'm sure of, macarthur, I don't know what I'll have to talk about after the draft.

I hear ya!

wedo
04-28-2006, 03:29 PM

BTW, there are those that evaluate players for a living that think Bush is the best college football player regardless of position to come into the draft in 20 years.

You say that VY has to become a better passer to be succeed in the NFL, He was the nations leader in passing efficiency!!! People underestimate is passing ability!!! Its not pretty but he can put the ball where its needs to be!!

gato 76
04-28-2006, 03:42 PM

I think Reggie Bush more about 5"7 200 lbs.

wedo
04-28-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by gato 76

he is a lil bit taller than that!!

The texas should have traded carr to the Raiders for the 8 pick and took Vince and Reggie both in the 1st round!!

Only in a perfect world!!! i don't really care im a cowboy's fan anyways!

Macarthur
04-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by gato 76

he's 5'11'' to be exact. that's from the NFL website.

Macarthur
04-28-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by wedo
You say that VY has to become a better passer to be succeed in the NFL, He was the nations leader in passing efficiency!!! People underestimate is passing ability!!! Its not pretty but he can put the ball where its needs to be!!

Look, there's no question Vince improved greatly during his time. It's also a fact that many NFL people have said he needs to improve his mechanics, especially his "flip" pass. That little side arm flip he throws will be intercepted in the NFL.

big daddy russ
04-28-2006, 03:58 PM

The texas should have traded carr to the Raiders for the 8 pick and took Vince and Reggie both in the 1st round!!

Two things:

1. Carr wouldn't pull a first-round pick, especially not to the Raiders who are already high on backup (and last year's third-rounder) Andrew Walter. Word is they'll take Vince if he falls to them at eight, but only if he falls into their laps. Otherwise, they'll stick with Walters.

2. If a no-name, no-star recruit from Snyder, TX who doesn't have much of an arm can walk onto a major D-I college squad and lead the nation in passing yards and completions, then I guess a big-time, top-three recruit with tons of athleticism can lead the nation in passing efficiency when you put him into the right system. Will he be in the right system in the NFL, or will he develop enough to make it in the wrong system? A couple of huge question marks there. His mechanics aren't even the biggest question with Vince right now, at least not according to scouts.

gato 76
04-28-2006, 04:24 PM

They were doing an interview with him an the sports writer said R.B. is not as tall as he thought,about 5"7 the NFL of course will list him at 5"11/ 6'0 it looks better it doesn't matter the guy can play but the texans will regret not picking V Y anyway.