PDA

View Full Version : forney vs gainesville how do they match up

cc700
11-24-2003, 04:13 PM
whos better who has the better qb running back d-line ect.

LowDownDawg
11-24-2003, 04:17 PM
I'd like to know about this matchup also. Someone with some football savvy fill us in please.

Buckeye80
11-24-2003, 04:21 PM
I haven't seen Gainesville play this year; I've only read about them and talked to a friend who went to their game against Celina.
Forney is just enormous and fast! They have some "electric water bugs" on offense and defense, and their special teams are terrific.

Gainesville will probably have to play another game like they did against Celina in this one. And Forney will probably have to play another game like they did against Carthage.

surfspike
11-24-2003, 04:25 PM
There are only a couple QB's in the state that could hang with the all-around athleticism of Hanie. STUD. (see also: Burnet QB)

Running back I will give the edge to Purvey. He is probably a tad quicker than Laury, but that won't matter because 'your running game is only as good as your blockers'. <--- golden

Whichever defense steps up more and has the LEAST TURNOVERS will win.

crzyjournalist03
11-24-2003, 04:27 PM
I don't know much about Gainesville's RB or QB, but Forney's QB Caleb Hanie is very good...a scholarship to Colorado State...many teams would rely soley on his arm and still be very successful...and RB Baylen Laury would undoubtedly have offers from just about anywhere in the country if he were built larger...he should get a scholarship somewhere anyway...excellent speed and unbelievable breakaway moves.

surfspike
11-24-2003, 04:30 PM
Good luck to the defense if they even break through the forney line. Imagine tackling a guy the size of a professional QB. Thats what it should feel like.

3afan
11-24-2003, 04:37 PM
surfspike:
There are only a couple QB's in the state that could hang with the all-around athleticism of Hanie. STUD. (see also: Burnet QB)

Running back I will give the edge to Purvey. He is probably a tad quicker than Laury, but that won't matter because 'your running game is only as good as your blockers'. <--- golden

Whichever defense steps up more and has the LEAST TURNOVERS will win.i've became more impressed with laury as the season went on - he does a tremendous job following his blockers and picking his hole. don't see how you can give the edge to either RB unless you've seen them both play a few times.

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>