PDA

View Full Version : Vince or Reggie?

EricDraven
04-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Which one, seriously. If you were a GM and had the #1 pick, based on potential to turn your team into a Super Bowl contender.

neck_06
04-27-2006, 12:16 PM
neither, because if i'm a GM who has the first pick, i'm gonna know that my team needs alot more than one player.

P.S. - does my team have a good quarterback? because that could sway my opinion.

mrescape43
04-27-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by EricDraven
Which one, seriously. If you were a GM and had the #1 pick, based on potential to turn your team into a Super Bowl contender.

Young, but not for QB. He would be shifted to RB.

Cameron Crazy
04-27-2006, 12:20 PM
How many of these threads are we going to have?

EricDraven
04-27-2006, 12:28 PM
As many as it takes. if I was in the Texans shoes, I would've actually traded the #1 pick and shored up the line. Kubiak will have them playing better, though.

wedo
04-27-2006, 12:35 PM
i would have traded Carr for an o-lineman or two and drafted Vince in my opinion!!!

NateDawg39
04-27-2006, 12:37 PM
Can we have a third option of taking both Vince and Bush? please?

mrescape43
04-27-2006, 12:40 PM
As many as it takes. if I was in the Texans shoes, I would've actually traded the #1 pick and shored up the line. Kubiak will have them playing better, though.

I read that the Texans looked at trading their #1 pick but couldn't find any takers.

mustang04
04-27-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by wedo
i would have traded Carr for an o-lineman or two and drafted Vince in my opinion!!!

same here...their line SUX ANUS

neck_06
04-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
I read that the Texans looked at trading their #1 pick but couldn't find any takers.

i'm sure there are pleny of takers, they just prolly can't get what they want.

wedo
04-27-2006, 01:14 PM
Or i would have traded Dominick Davis for an O-Linman and drafted Bush. Either way you can't go wrong with either. I think both will shine in the NFL!!!

But they should have done a lot more with the o-line with free agency than they have!!!

EricDraven
04-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Both should make an impact. In the long run, well, we'll have to wait and see.

Adidas410s
04-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Vince may win 3 Super Bowls in 12 years...but Chuck Norris would win 13...give me Chuck!!! :thumbsup:

mustang04
04-27-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Vince may win 3 Super Bowls in 12 years...but Chuck Norris would win 13...give me Chuck!!! :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap: haha wow:D

EricDraven
04-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Chuck would win the Super Bowl, NBA Title and World Series, all on the same weekend, by himself. Don't **** with Chuck.

NateDawg39
04-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Chuck would win the Super Bowl, NBA Title and World Series, all on the same weekend, by himself. Don't **** with Chuck. and he would find time to write my desertation for Philosophy!!!

SintonFan
04-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Chuck would win the Super Bowl, NBA Title and World Series, all on the same weekend, by himself. Don't **** with Chuck.
And he'd have the whole cast of Desperate Houswives for chambermaids....

JasperDog94
04-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Both should make an impact. In the long run, well, we'll have to wait and see. Very true.

GreenMonster
04-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Let's pretend that my name is Charlie Casserly for a minute. What would I do? I would have signed David Carr to a multi-year deal, which was done. Next, I would have promptly set him out on the trading block. Decent young QB with reasonable contract. I would have asked for this year's first round and each of the following 2 years' third round pick. I would have taken my #1 pick and traded down to #4 or #5 for that team's first round pick and the next 2 years' third round pick. Now Vince Young is going to fall in my lap at #4 so I get the hometown boy (butts in the buckets) and I picked up 5 additional picks over the course of 3 years. Most NFL QB's need at least a couple of years of seasoning before making waves. Knowing this, it is my job to be prepared for that day in the future when my QB is ready to make those waves so I don't spend a lot of money on this year or even next year, I depend on Vince's mobility to keep him healthy and his work ethic in practice and the film room to make him better. So we stink for 2 more years, so what. We are stock piling draft picks and hoping to find a couple of real gems while sorting through everyone else's trash. Then magically we have a team loaded with talent that we have signed to long term deals at low prices and we have the next true NFL dynasty on our hands. You may now return to reality.

EricDraven
04-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
And he'd have the whole cast of Desperate Houswives for chambermaids....

And the AmericanChopper guys doing his lawn.

KTA
04-27-2006, 02:31 PM
Young, but not for QB. He would be shifted to RB.

how many 6-4 rb's do you see?

hes going to bite alot of people in the butt for not drafting him

BTEXDAD
04-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Let's pretend that my name is Charlie Casserly for a minute. What would I do? I would have signed David Carr to a multi-year deal, which was done. Next, I would have promptly set him out on the trading block. Decent young QB with reasonable contract. I would have asked for this year's first round and each of the following 2 years' third round pick. I would have taken my #1 pick and traded down to #4 or #5 for that team's first round pick and the next 2 years' third round pick. Now Vince Young is going to fall in my lap at #4 so I get the hometown boy .........and I picked up 5 additional picks over the course of 3 years. ............... So we stink for 2 more years, so what. We are stock piling draft picks and hoping to find a couple of real gems while sorting through everyone else's trash. Then magically we have a team loaded with talent that we have signed to long term deals at low prices and we have the next true NFL dynasty on our hands. You may now return to reality.

thanks for returning control of my computer to me. These twilight zone episodes give me panic attacks.
Your ideas aren't totally in outer space though. Carr's stock just dropped so much after the fiasco of a season he had in 2005 nobody would offer much for him.

AggieJohn
04-27-2006, 03:40 PM
McNeal should do well, so my vote is for reggie

BTEXDAD
04-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
McNeal should do well, so my vote is for reggie

good one, Aggie.
Wouldn't it be funny, if just as a joke, the Texans told Paul Tagliabue to announce,
"With their pick, the Houston Texans choose Reggie McNeal."

SintonFan
04-27-2006, 10:15 PM
And the AmericanChopper guys doing his lawn.
Really? Even with Paul Sr's temper?:eek: