PDA

View Full Version : Region II Sweep

Big D
12-22-2001, 09:48 AM
For the 2nd time in 3 years, Region II has swept the 3A state titles. One of them(Everman in the stronger division) won their's handily while the other was a tough battle. Forney was probably the 2nd best team in the state. They beat Commerce but lost in round 2 to Everman 21-17. Region II is full of tough teams.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-23-2001, 10:24 PM
handly,. haha the last 2 touchdowns were not even touchdowns

Jacket2000
12-24-2001, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin:
handly,. haha the last 2 touchdowns were not even touchdowns
Then what were they, pray tell? Did they start giving 7 points for field goals?

CHS_DT38
12-25-2001, 12:20 AM
Thats exactly why I chose Region II as the toughest region in 3A. Hey and Sinton Fan stop pouting Everman won fare and square.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-25-2001, 01:45 AM
sure they won fare and square and they deserve it, but its fans like that say that the other teams was no match. I believe the score was 18-14 with just over 3 minutes in the game and 4th down for everman when the qb threw the ball that was rule a td when the ball bounced off the floor. But no execuses needed everman outplayed Sinton in the 2nd Half and that was the difference.

Jacket2000
12-25-2001, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin:
sure they won fare and square and they deserve it, but its fans like that say that the other teams was no match. I believe the score was 18-14 with just over 3 minutes in the game and 4th down for everman when the qb threw the ball that was rule a td when the ball bounced off the floor. But no execuses needed everman outplayed Sinton in the 2nd Half and that was the difference.

Ummm, that sure sounds like an excuse to me.
Plus, he never said that Sinton was no match for Everman; he said they won it handily. Which means, that Everman was clearly the better team;and I, as well as many, agree. However, LG was still in their game untill the last second ticked off. The same can not be said for Sinton. THAT is the difference.
J2K

SintonFan_inAustin
12-27-2001, 11:02 AM
I also agree that they were the better team. Thats why they came back and won in a close game. Enough said, just wanted to point out it was closer than the final score indicates. hope this forum is still going during baseball season. Jacket2000 i did'nt agree with your replys, but they were usually right on target about the subject. how long will this forum be running?

Jacket2000
12-27-2001, 11:30 AM
This forum will NEVER go away!!!!