PDA

View Full Version : Cali Woman Spanked at Work Sues

piratebg
04-27-2006, 09:25 AM
FRESNO, Calif. - Lawyers for a woman who was spanked in front of her co-workers as part of what her employer said was a camaraderie-building exercise asked a jury Wednesday for at least $1.2 million for the humiliation she claimed to have suffered.

Janet Orlando, 53, quit her job at the home security company Alarm One Inc. in Fresno and sued, alleging discrimination, assault, battery and infliction of emotional distress.

Employees were paddled with rival companies' yard signs as part of a contest that pitted sales teams against each other, according to court documents. The winners poked fun at the losers, throwing pies at them, feeding them baby food, making them wear diapers and swatting their buttocks.

"No reasonable middle-aged woman would want to be put up there before a group of young men, turned around to show her buttocks, get spanked and called abusive names, and told it was to increase sales and motivate employees," her lawyer, Nicholas "Butch" Wagner, said in his closing argument.

Lawyers for Alarm One, an Anaheim-based, 300-employee company, said the spankings were part of a voluntary program to build camaraderie and were not discriminatory because they were given to both male and female workers.

"This is being done for one reason and one reason only — money," said K. Poncho Baker, the company's lawyer.

Alarm One officials ceased the practice in 2004, the year Orlando sued, after another employee complained of being injured, according to court records.

STANG RED
04-27-2006, 09:44 AM
The lawsuit is probably bs. But it does sound like a stupid practice for any company to do. The idiots that came up with the hair brained spanking idea need a good spanking themselves imo.

LH Panther Mom
04-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
The lawsuit is probably bs. But it does sound like a stupid practice for any company to do. The idiots that came up with the hair brained spanking idea need a good spanking themselves imo.
Watch it. You're getting close to qualifying as a member of OWCHI. ;)

Ranger Mom
04-27-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

ROFL:clap: :clap: :clap:

AP Panther Fan
04-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

LOL...What a great post by Stang Red and he even used the "H" word.;) :D

STANG RED
04-27-2006, 11:17 AM
OK ladies, take it easy! Your gonna make my buddies start picking on me. :mad: :D
I dont wear ruffled panties......................but they do have some cute little pink hearts on them. :o

AP Panther Fan
04-27-2006, 11:30 AM
OK ladies, take it easy! Your gonna make my buddies start picking on me. :mad: :D
I dont wear ruffled panties......................but they do have some cute little pink hearts on them. :o

I was thinking an "honorary" membership might be in order, but we don't "do" undergarments with hearts.:nerd:

Ranger Mom
04-27-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I was thinking an "honorary" membership might be in order, but we don't "do" undergarments with hearts.:nerd:

I bought my husband some boxers with a heart on them for valentines one year.

The caption in the heart said...."I have a 'heart-on' for you"!!:D

EricDraven
04-27-2006, 11:43 AM
Oh, come on. Women like a little "discipline".:p

slpybear the bullfan
04-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Getting baby food thrown on you and spanked with yard signs is NOT part of going to work. Even if it is "voluntary." I will bet you good money she will win big in court.

DaHop72
04-29-2006, 03:22 PM
The lawsuit is probably bs. But it does sound like a stupid practice for any company to do. The idiots that came up with the hair brained spanking idea need a good spanking themselves imo. Girly man:D :D :D :D

STANG RED
04-29-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Girly man:D :D :D :D

Careful Hop! Dont make me come scratch you with long beautiful red finger nails! I'LL DO IT!!!

sww-bull52
04-29-2006, 03:28 PM
Your scareing me Red. I can't get the visual of you with long red finger nails out of my head!!

STANG RED
04-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
Your scareing me Red. I can't get the visual of you with long red finger nails out of my head!!

Awww, I think your just jealous bull.:D

DaHop72
04-29-2006, 04:14 PM
Awww, I think your just jealous bull.:D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: