PDA

View Full Version : The USC Downfall Continues

District303aPastPlayer
04-26-2006, 10:58 PM
LOS ANGELES – Southern California backup quarterback Mark Sanchez was arrested after a female student reported that he sexually assaulted her earlier Wednesday, police said.

Sanchez, 19, was arrested around 4 p.m. just north of campus and was being booked for investigation of sexual assault, officer Jason Lee said.

Advertisement
No other details were immediately available.

USC officials said they will temporarily suspend Sanchez while police conduct their investigation.

“The university takes charges of sexual assault seriously,” Michael Jackson, USC vice president of student affairs, said in a statement. “Depending on the facts as established by the LAPD, we will determine the appropriate action.”

USC coach Pete Carroll said he was aware of Sanchez's arrest and that the Trojans football program would cooperate with police and “follow along with whatever action the university takes.”

Sanchez is listed on the Trojans' depth chart as the backup to John David Booty, but was expected to battle for the starting job this fall. Booty practiced only once this spring before he injured his back and had to undergo surgery.

Sanchez, a redshirt freshman, played the recent spring scrimmage and has been practicing with the first unit.

His arrest was the latest of several brushes with the law for USC players, dating back to last year.

Cornerback Eric Wright was arrested in March 2005 at a campus apartment by officers investigating reports of an assault. The Los Angeles district attorney's office declined to press criminal charges against Wright because of insufficient evidence.

Wright left USC amid possible disciplinary action by the school and transferred to UNLV.

Linebacker Rey Maualuga was arrested Nov. 1 for allegedly punching a man at an off-campus party, but no criminal charges were filed. He sat out the first half of the game against Stanford the following weekend as punishment.

NateDawg39
04-27-2006, 01:20 AM
hmmmm....no response here.

Aesculus gilmus
04-27-2006, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Sanchez is listed on the Trojans' depth chart as the backup to John David Booty, but was expected to battle for the starting job this fall. Booty practiced only once this spring before he injured his back and had to undergo surgery.

I could more easily understand this type of behavior from someone named Booty. If Sanchez had wanted to be more discreet, he would have hit on that "song girl" who was jumping up and down cheering when Vince Young scored the final two points in the Rose Bowl. However, it could be ruled that she is so mentally defective as to be unable to give legal consent.

STANG RED
04-27-2006, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I could more easily understand this type of behavior from someone named Booty. If Sanchez had wanted to be more discreet, he would have hit on that "song girl" who was jumping up and down cheering when Vince Young scored the final two points in the Rose Bowl. However, it could be ruled that she is so mentally defective as to be unable to give legal consent.

I dont think she is mentally defective at all. She seemed to know the right team to root for. She just preferes winners over losers I guess. You cant knock a girl for that. :D

AggieJohn
04-27-2006, 07:38 AM
so is USC becoming the OU of the pac 10

Gobbler Fan
04-27-2006, 09:09 AM
"Rape" and "sexual assault" are terms used interchangeably to describe crimes that involve unwanted and illegal sexual acts.
Most of the assumptions people make about sexual assault and rape are not true. Some people think that if sexual assault or rape happens to you, you must have "asked for it." The truth is that no one asks to be raped or sexuall assaulted. You have the right to say "no" at any time to any sexual act. "No" means no. Power, anger, and control are the motives for rape - not sex.

Some people think that you will be raped or sexual assaulted only if you act or dress a certain way or go to certain places. That's not true. These crimes can happen to anyone, no matter how old you are, what your racial or cultural background may be, what type of education you have, or how much money you make.
# Every minute in America, there are 1.3 forcible rapes of adult women. This means that 78 women are forcibly raped each hour, and 1,871 women are forcibly raped each day.
# One out of 8 adult women, or at least 12.1 million American women, has been the victim of forcible rape.
# Sixty-one percent of forcible rapes occur before victims reach age 18: 29 percent of all forcible rapes occur when the victim is younger than 11 years old, and 32 percent occur when the victim is between ages 11 and 17.
# The occurrence of "acquaintance rape" is much higher than "stranger rape" - 78 percent of rapes involve a person the victim knows.
# Rape has a devastating impact on victims' psychological health, with 31 percent of all rape victims developing posttraumatic stress disorder at some time in their lives.
# Only 16 percent of rapes are reported to police.
# One in six men will experience a sexual assault in his lifetime

It's a shame that it has to be a high profile athlete or celebrity before a crime like this comes to the forefront . As a man with a Daughter this really concerns me that this is a crime so abundent but so overlooked. No matter what language NO means NO :(

Ill get off my soapbox now but this really chap's my a--.

Old Tiger
04-27-2006, 09:13 AM
“The university takes charges of sexual assault seriously,”Michael Jackson, USC vice president of student affairs, said in a statement. “Depending on the facts as established by the LAPD, we will determine the appropriate action.”
LOL look at the italics that sounds funny

Adidas410s
04-27-2006, 09:13 AM
did nobody notice that Michael Jackson is the VP of Student Affairs?? No wonder they are having problems if they are letting him get anywhere near sexual assault charges!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gobbler Fan
04-27-2006, 09:27 AM
On the funny side of this if there is one ..

THIS Guy sexually assaulted a girl ?!?!?!?

Dont know how to post pics but here are the link's

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/8578/outleinartsanchez2ha.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/iamjacksscreenname/soootsista.gif
http://www.teamandras.com/usc/Photos2005_08_10_Scrimmage/images/20050810_088_DSC_0202.jpg

District303aPastPlayer
04-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan

http://www.teamandras.com/usc/Photos2005_08_10_Scrimmage/images/20050810_088_DSC_0202.jpg

that just looks hilarious

Cameron Crazy
04-27-2006, 10:29 AM
Thats not any good

KL3
04-27-2006, 12:50 PM
I'd stop short before I would mention USC and downfall in the same sentence. They've had the top recruiting class 3 years in a row, and had the #3 class the year before those.

mustang04
04-27-2006, 01:00 PM
i just noticed..how many hispanic players have excelled at the skill positions in college and in NFL??? just curious

BTEXDAD
04-27-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i just noticed..how many hispanic players have excelled at the skill positions in college and in NFL??? just curious

Efren Hererra was a hell of a kicker.

Phil C
04-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Manny Hernandez was a great defensive lineman for the Miami Dolphins when they won those two super bowls in the 70s.

GreenMonster
04-27-2006, 01:56 PM
that just looks hilarious

Are we sure this guy like girls??? He sure looks like a giant flamer in that pic.

Phil C
04-27-2006, 01:57 PM
And don't forget that Tom Flores was a backup QB for ten years but became a great coach of the Oakland Raiders (Los Angeles Raiders for a few years) and coached them to two super bowl wins in the 80s. In one of those (maybe both) his quarterback was Jim Plunkett whose parents were Mexican-American.

GreenMonster
04-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
And don't forget that Tom Flores was a backup QB for ten years but became a great coach of the Oakland Raiders (Los Angeles Raiders for a few years) and coached them to two super bowl wins in the 80s. In one of those (maybe both) his quarterback was Jim Plunkett whose parents were Mexican-American.

Don't forget about Jeff Garcia, whose name is Hispanic in origin but he's Gay in real life.

SintonFan
04-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Don't forget about Jeff Garcia, whose name is Hispanic in origin but he's Gay in real life.
Who's that guy that plays tight end for the Chiefs?

Bullaholic
04-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Lyle Alzado
Tony Casillas

turbostud
04-27-2006, 02:07 PM
LOL no way he's gay. I saw him on that Playboy reality show on VH1 with a playmate girlfriend in Vegas.

District303aPastPlayer
04-27-2006, 02:18 PM
Tony Gonzales is the chiefs guy
and how about Anthony Munoz

Phil C
04-27-2006, 03:35 PM

No way!

District303aPastPlayer
05-13-2006, 02:17 PM
LOS ANGELES -- Southern California freshman point guard Ryan Francis was shot and killed early Saturday while riding in a car in Louisiana, where he was visiting his mother.

The 19-year-old Francis was killed about 3:30 a.m. in Baton Rouge, said Tim Tessalone, USC's director of sports information.

"We understand he was in a car and somebody shot into the car," Tessalone said.

No other details were immediately available.

Francis was USC's starting point guard and averaged more than seven points a game. He scored 22 points a game at Glen Oaks High School in Baton Rouge, leading his team to a 36-0 record and the state's 4-A championship in 2004-05. Francis was named the 2005 Louisiana Class 4-A Player of the Year.

"We're all devastated," said USC coach Tim Floyd. "We've lost a special young man who in his short time at USC made an impression that will last forever."

Cameron Crazy
05-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Yes its true~