PDA

View Full Version : The best game ever played in AAA

Commerce Fan
09-29-2003, 05:04 PM
What do you think was the best AAA game you have evre seen? Commerce 14 vs LaGrange 11 2001
Commerce 17 vs Springtown 17 1995
Commerce 17 vs Sealy 10 1999
Sealy 21 vs Commerce 20 1995
Two very evenly matched teams playing well in all games. The amazing thing about it all these games were decided by MISTAKES the team with the least mistakes won each one!!!!!!!

<small>[ September 30, 2003, 07:17 AM: Message edited by: Commerce Fan ]</small>

landries
09-29-2003, 06:04 PM
all of those games have the same damn team... commerce played in all three of the top 3 games ever played in 3A?
my pick is bellville marlin 2002
love ya j-dalp

crzyjournalist03
09-29-2003, 06:17 PM
didn't LaGrange beat Commerce in 2001 and take the state championship?

Gobbla2001
09-29-2003, 06:27 PM
No, La Grange won in '00 against Forney and lost in '01 against Commerce...

I was at the '99 game between Commerce/Sealy, though the score looks close Commerce pretty much owned it, so that wasn't really a 'best-gamer', though I believe the '95 game was pretty darn good...

How can anyone forget last year's game between Bandera and Greenwood? FG's and everything, what a slugfest...

crzyjournalist03
09-29-2003, 06:28 PM
oh yeah, that's right...sorry, just got a little confused

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-29-2003, 06:29 PM
Hey Gobbla.....what about 1994 Cuero/Port Isabel 3rd round playoff game when Cuero was #1 in the state? Now THAT was a classic. AND IT DOESN'T INVOLVE COMMERCE!!!

Gobbla2001
09-29-2003, 06:31 PM
Yah, but I don't nominate Cuero games so that I sound unbiased ha...

silver king
09-29-2003, 06:43 PM
what Ithink is last years playoff game in 3A port isabel 20 aainst aransis pass 19. but what can i say i'm just a fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go big blue!!!

Ulrich von Lichtenstein
09-29-2003, 09:28 PM
That '95 State Championship game between Sealy & Commerce WAS a classic. I'll forever respect the decision by Commerce to go for two and win the whole thing, rather than settle for a tie. (My dad disagrees with me on that point, but I'll always remember being at that game!)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-29-2003, 10:14 PM
My pick would be last year Bellville vs Marlin game. This years Bellville vs Rice game also in the top games!

MARLINFAN
09-29-2003, 10:16 PM
MARLIN VS BELLVILLE LAST YEAR 4TH ROUND PLAYOFFS 3-0T 24-30 AND MARLIN VS CAMERON 2000 4TH ROUND TRIPLE OT 27-26

Brahma73
09-29-2003, 10:31 PM
Bellville vs. Wylie. 1978 State championship game won by Wylie at Baylor's Casey Stadium. Can't remember the score, but it was a doozie.

Bellville vs. Marlin last year. I'm still exhausted!

Bellville vs. Rice Consolidated this year.

Sealy vs. LaGrange (can't remember the year) in the Astrodome a few years back. Ty Gunn was QB for Leps and I think Nelson(?) for Tigers. Tigers won in a classic rivalry. Somebody help me with this one (Pudlugger?)

By the way, why can't I read the posts above this one? There's no text in the boxes. Does my computer suck or something or is anybody else having this problem.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-29-2003, 10:46 PM
1977 Bellville vs Wylie and the refs! Im sorrie 73 I know you dont like to blame the refs for a loss, but do you remember some of the calls, that went aginst us, for instance, running the kick-off all the way back, to score and it being called back, becaues we stepped out of bounds. We watched game film next day, and he was never even close to steping out. One other call the ball pops loose in the air, lineman our catches it in the air and runs it in for a td. It gets called back. If you remember right the UIL repermanded the refs after watching game film. To this day coach Parker would say the same. What a great man and coach he was!!!

Brahma73
09-29-2003, 11:25 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
1977 Bellville vs Wylie and the refs! Im sorrie 73 I know you dont like to blame the refs for a loss, but do you remember some of the calls, that went aginst us, for instance, running the kick-off all the way back, to score and it being called back, becaues we stepped out of bounds. We watched game film next day, and he was never even close to steping out. One other call the ball pops loose in the air, lineman our catches it in the air and runs it in for a td. It gets called back. If you remember right the UIL repermanded the refs after watching game film. To this day coach Parker would say the same. What a great man and coach he was!!!Even I have to agree with you on the officiating in that one. And you're right Doyle was the man and Rusty was a player. Hated to see that game and that coach get away!

Bellville22
09-29-2003, 11:52 PM
Bellville vs. Marlin last year. 3OT, 30-24.

Not only was the game great, filled with everything you could ask for, including a possum, but the fact that Bellville was given almost no chance to win made it even sweeter. Marlin was picked to win by 16 or 17, and many posters on here said it would be even worse than that. Superior athletes fell to a total team effort by the Brahmas.

Bellville vs. Fairfield last year. 10-7

This game gets lost in all the excitement of the Marlin game, but what a battle this was. Classic hit you in the mouth football played by both teams. A defensive struggle, in which Bellville had to convert one or two 3rd and longs, as well as a 4th and 7 in which they got 7 yards and 1 inch (at least according to the refs).

Sealy vs. Rice I think 2001 (help me out guys)

Can't remember the score, wanna say 21-20 Sealy, I do remember that it came down to a 2-point conversion to win the game that was stopped by the Tigers. Tremendous game.

Commerce Fan
09-30-2003, 07:03 AM
crzyjournalist03:
didn't LaGrange beat Commerce in 2001 and take the state championship?No the beat forney in 2000 HA HA we finished what you could not

Commerce Fan
09-30-2003, 07:08 AM
landries:
all of those games have the same damn team... commerce played in all three of the top 3 games ever played in 3A?
my pick is bellville marlin 2002
love ya j-dalpSorry fellas but I did not start watching AAA ball until i moved to Commerce and since then I have seen many good games but in my opinion these were great games. Hey when you played 16 per year you have a lot of chances to get a great one on the board. Now where is it you are from???? HA HA

Commerce Fan
09-30-2003, 07:12 AM
Ulrich von Lichtenstein:
That '95 State Championship game between Sealy & Commerce WAS a classic. I'll forever respect the decision by Commerce to go for two and win the whole thing, rather than settle for a tie. (My dad disagrees with me on that point, but I'll always remember being at that game!)The coach said he came to win and the tie would just have been like a loss. The play was there the tackle missed his block and that DE was there in a heartbeat otherwise Commerce would have won.Had to be there to believe it!

CatsDen
09-30-2003, 07:26 AM
Bridgeport vs. Kennedale 2001 Playoffs
Kennedale vs. Everman (last weekend)

SintonFan
09-30-2003, 11:35 AM
Sinton-Hitchcock was one of the greatest!
Here's some quotes from earlier posts:
Old Green 8/1/03: "The Sinton-Hitchcock was the most exciting game I have witnessed. It all came down to coaching strategy."
sinton66 replied: "Sinton was down 13-12 in the fourth quarter. Sinton gave the ball over on downs with about two minutes left in the game with no time-outs left. Hitchcock ran a running play and the Sinton Safety made the tackle. Davenport called him over to the sideline. He went back to the team to relay the info. Hitchcock ran the same play again trying to run out the clock. This time the Sinton safety just stepped aside and let him go. He went on in and scored with about 1:45 left on the clock. Hitchcock went for two but Sinton stuffed it. Davenport called the team over and told them "Okay, I got you the ball back, now it's up to you." Sinton drove the length of the field and scored, kicked the extra point to tie the game, and won it by virtue of one more penetration."
pirate4state replied: "What I remember most about this game was the reaction of the fans. We went ballistic when our defense appeared to be unsure of what they were supposed to be doing-defending! Then Albert Longoria had that great kick return to give us field position & all I can remember after that is David Seago's catch in the back of the end zone!! And of course, the victory party the next night. hee-hee"
SintonFan_inAustin 3/5/02: "sinton-crockett game and sinton-hitchcock were the 2 best games I ever seen.Hitchcock game was a definite lost if they had just kneel down and ran the clock out, but Davenport pull out a miracle down 13-12 but letting them score.I was walking out of the staduim seats like many other people thinking the game was over when i saw them score i realized we had a chance still. Crockett Game was also good until the end. I thought he made it. then realized he had missed it."
sinton66 replied: "Watching the Hitchcock-Sinton game, I was stunned when Sinton's safety just stepped aside and let them score. I remember thinking "what the heck was that?". Took me awhile to realize that was the only way they could get the ball back. Davenport told me after the game if it hadn't worked he knew he was going to have a lot of explaining to do. Cost Hitchcock coach his job."
SintonFan responded: "I knew that ppl would be talking about that game for a long time. Here it is more than 10 years later and I can remember that game better than almost any I've watched them play. A true once in a lifetime experience for the team and fans."
This game was without a doubt one of the greatest HS football games!

booger1
09-30-2003, 11:38 AM
What's up with this, nobodys post showed up except for silverking, evrything else is blank with just a name! frown

repeat2002
09-30-2003, 02:11 PM
Southlake Carroll and Vernon @ Pennington Field - 1992 or 1993? best 3a game I've ever seen

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-30-2003, 02:25 PM
repeat2002:
Southlake Carroll and Vernon @ Pennington Field - 1992 or 1993? best 3a game I've ever seenYep this has to be the one. Back and forth all night long!