PDA

View Full Version : Good news/bad news... prayers needed

big daddy russ
04-25-2006, 10:04 PM
My "sister-in-law" is a model in Houston with this group called Page Parkes. They give modeling/acting classes, set up gigs, and get their students in front of agents. Tons of major alums in the company, including Alexis Bledel (the young Gilmore Girl) and a couple of girls I recognized, but don't remember the names. Anyways, Kathleen had an agent audition on Saturday where she went in and did a monologue in front of about 50 talent scouts from Disney, Nickelodeon, etc. Last week, Kat also had a physical.

Well, the good news part of the story is that Kat landed a pilot show on Nickelodeon and a gig for a voice over on some new animated cartoon. She'll be flying to New York soon.

Now for the bad news.

The doctors told her parents last Wednesday that she has a cyst on her thyroid. Cysts on thyroids always turn out to be one of two things: either fluid in that sack that they can drain with a needle (good) or cancer. Her parents held off telling her until yesterday. They didn't want to spoil her moment.

To say the least, we've all had mixed emotions since finding out. Kat's only 16, and she goes in for tests tomorrow morning. If it is cancer, they'll have to perform surgery. Not only is her life at stake, but her career would be effectively over even if she makes it through.

It's been a bad month for that family. Momma's been waiting on results for breast cancer (had her mammogram earlier this month-- a red flag was raised there, too) and now this. Amanda (my girlfriend) broke down last night. Too much at once. Poppa just lost the man who raised him (yeah, earlier this month) and his grandmother is also about to go.

Please keep all of them in your prayers.

http://myspace-309.vo.llnwd.net/00349/90/37/349377309_l.jpg

Amanda (left) and Kat (right)

espn1
04-25-2006, 10:08 PM
Why can't they just remove it and let her take Thyroid medication? My Mom has been living without a Thyroid for 30 years.

West22
04-25-2006, 10:09 PM
OUR PRAYERS WILL BE WITH THEM.WE HOPE FOR THE BEST.

olddawggreen
04-25-2006, 10:09 PM
My prayers go out to them.

Ranger Mom
04-25-2006, 10:11 PM
Prayers going out for all Russ!

Keep us informed please!

SintonFan
04-25-2006, 10:12 PM
We will pray for your family.

big daddy russ
04-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by espn1
Why can't they just remove it and let her take Thyroid medication? My Mom has been living without a Thyroid for 30 years.
I have no idea. That's what it sounds like they're going to do if it turns out to be cancer. But from what they're saying, taking the cyst out will leave a scar on her neck and change her voice as well. I can't really tell you much more, that's all the info I have.

espn1
04-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by espn1
Oh! I forgot to mention that My Prayers are with the family. I got caught up in trying to find a cure.

injuredinmelee
04-25-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
My "sister-in-law" is a model in Houston with this group called Page Parkes. They give modeling/acting classes, set up gigs, and get their students in front of agents. Tons of major alums in the company, including Alexis Bledel (the young Gilmore Girl) and a couple of girls I recognized, but don't remember the names. Anyways, Kathleen had an agent audition on Saturday where she went in and did a monologue in front of about 50 talent scouts from Disney, Nickelodeon, etc. Last week, Kat also had a physical.

Well, the good news part of the story is that Kat landed a pilot show on Nickelodeon and a gig for a voice over on some new animated cartoon. She'll be flying to New York soon.

Now for the bad news.

The doctors told her parents last Wednesday that she has a cyst on her thyroid. Cysts on thyroids always turn out to be one of two things: either fluid in that sack that they can drain with a needle (good) or cancer. Her parents held off telling her until yesterday. They didn't want to spoil her moment.

To say the least, we've all had mixed emotions since finding out. Kat's only 16, and she goes in for tests tomorrow morning. If it is cancer, they'll have to perform surgery. Not only is her life at stake, but her career would be effectively over even if she makes it through.

It's been a bad month for that family. Momma's been waiting on results for breast cancer (had her mammogram earlier this month-- a red flag was raised there, too) and now this. Amanda (my girlfriend) broke down last night. Too much at once. Poppa just lost the man who raised him (yeah, earlier this month) and his grandmother is also about to go.

Please keep all of them in your prayers.

http://myspace-309.vo.llnwd.net/00349/90/37/349377309_l.jpg

Amanda (left) and Kat (right)

I have just recently (like the last three weeks) gone through some of the same things and i hope hers turns out as good as mine did. I will keep her in my prayers. I really believe that all the peopl that kept me in thei prayers helped me more than anything. I sure didnt deserve the Grace of God but he granted it because of others prayers I am sure.

BJG40
04-25-2006, 11:18 PM
Man, Praying that everything goes well!

micu98
04-26-2006, 08:34 AM
Our prayers are with them.

piratebg
04-26-2006, 08:35 AM
All my hopes and prayers for a happy ending.

Phil C
04-26-2006, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by BJG40
Man, Praying that everything goes well!

Me too. :(

big daddy russ
04-26-2006, 10:45 AM
A big thank you to everyone who is keeping them in your prayers. She's at St. Luke's right now. After this round, she goes back this afternoon, tomorrow morning, and tomorrow afternoon for more rounds.

sww-bull52
04-26-2006, 10:50 AM
I'll be praying and waiting for GOOD news.

AP Panther Fan
04-26-2006, 11:01 AM
Hope all goes well, I will keep her and the entire family in my thoughts in the days to come. Keep us posted.

vet93
04-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Just said a little prayer for you and your family Russ....May God's peace and the knowledge of His Grace surround Kat and your whole family!

Bandera YaYa
04-26-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm praying all goes well and she gets back to her wonderful life. God Bless all of you!!!

smustangs
04-26-2006, 02:25 PM
there all in my prayers, let us konw how it goes