PDA

View Full Version : I just heard that UT vs OK will stay in Dallas!

Phil C
04-25-2006, 02:14 PM
I don't know if it is reliable and it may be a joke but I heard that they will keep the game in Dallas because Dallas is going to do some work on the cotton bowl and make it much more better and modern and it will be expanded to seat 127,000 people. It may not be true but if it is You Go Dallas!

Adidas410s
04-25-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I don't know if it is reliable and it may be a joke but I heard that they will keep the game in Dallas because Dallas is going to do some work on the cotton bowl and make it much more better and modern and it will be expanded to seat 127,000 people. It may not be true but if it is You Go Dallas!

There was a proposal put forth last fall to renovate the Cotton Bowl. However, it had not yet been approved by Laura Miller so that the funds can be raised to get started on the project. I'll keep you updated as I hear more...

Phil C
04-25-2006, 02:18 PM
Thanks Ad!

raider red 2000
04-25-2006, 02:20 PM
where were they going to move it to?

HM33
04-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Moving it would be dumb. Thats the best for the game. Great atraction being the State fair is going on at the same time as the game. Best corndogs around :).

mrescape43
04-25-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
where were they going to move it to?

One scenerio being discussed was to move it to home stadiums.

lepfan
04-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by HM33
Moving it would be dumb. Thats the best for the game. Great atraction being the State fair is going on at the same time as the game. Best corndogs around :). I do believe the game would have turnouts as large as they have always been with or without the state fair and their corn dogs. Those who go to the OU/UT game are their for the game....the state fair is just a side attraction!!!!

Macarthur
04-25-2006, 04:30 PM
I'll be very surprised if this happens.

The city of Dallas has the most inept city government of any city in the country. They are beyond horrible. In fact, they're a joke.

So they're going to invest all this money in a piece of junk like the cotton bowl, but they wouldn't pony up the money to get the Cowboys? Boy that makes sense.

HM33
04-25-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
I do believe the game would have turnouts as large as they have always been with or without the state fair and their corn dogs. Those who go to the OU/UT game are their for the game....the state fair is just a side attraction!!!!

Yes, I know 99% of the ppl are there just for the game. Although the side attraction helps out :).

Cameron Crazy
04-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Need to keep it in Texas!

Gobbla2001
04-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
I do believe the game would have turnouts as large as they have always been with or without the state fair and their corn dogs. Those who go to the OU/UT game are their for the game....the state fair is just a side attraction!!!!

Yah, may be just as large (which is hard to do seeing that stadium seating is drastically different between each of the three), but would the fans be equal???

There's something about that Puke and Cream and Burnt Orange split down the middle at the Cotton Bowl that just gets a human's blood t' pumpin'...

lepfan
04-26-2006, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Puke and Cream and Burnt Orange IMO I would rather have the crimson and cream than that nasty burnt orange color that looks like something that is left on a baby wipe after cleaning the baby's bottom.... ;) ...BSO