PDA

View Full Version : Why Houston is Stupid if they Draft Vince Young

NHSRattler60
04-25-2006, 01:18 PM
So alot of people are saying stupid things about where Vince Young should go.

Texans, Titans, 49ers, Cowboys.

The Simple fact is, he will sit on the BENCH if he is with the Texans. Plain and simple. The Texans franchise has made it VERY clear that David Carr is there man next year by giving him a BIG raise in pay and a new coach.

Sure if VY goes to Houston, he could help Carr out. As a Receiver or Running back.

But let's list off the reasons, for you non-believers.

1. David Carr has been signed back on and is the highest paid member on team. If they take on Vince, they will be blowing big bucks on someone, because a potentially good talent will be riding bench. So it doesn't fit financially.

2. VY has NOT EVEN SET FOOT on a PRO FEILD. Yes in college he was good. Yes he could be an amazing athlete in the pros....but let's think of a few others that were first round picks that turned out to be duds that were A+ athletes in College. So don't count your chickens before they hatch.

3. They need protection. Alot of it. and not the rubber kind. The offensive line they started with's strongest guy was weaker than the 2005 Powerlifting Champion. The best lineman they had was on injury reserve.

Crimestick
04-25-2006, 01:20 PM
All indications are that Vince is out of the picture. It's down to Bush and Williams. Young would be a dumb pick for Houston.

BTEXDAD
04-25-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
....but let's think of a few others that were first round picks that turned out to be duds that were A+ athletes in College.

David Carr for one.

wedo
04-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
David Carr for one.

Thats for sure!!! So what he didn't have great protection great players find a way to win!! And so far David Carr has not shown that at all. How many 4th quarter comeback wins does he have??? i can count them on one hand!!

Yeah i know the Texans won't pick Young b/c they signed Carr a New Contract . but if they wouldn't have done that I would Pick Young #1

Phil C
04-25-2006, 01:37 PM
By not drafting Young Houston misses out on at least getting to three super bowls over the next 12 years and winning at least one of them. The media which says they shouldn't draft him will be the ones that will remind them of that fact over and over again.

Adidas410s
04-25-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
By not drafting Young Houston misses out on at least getting to three super bowls over the next 12 years and winning at least one of them. The media which says they shouldn't draft him will be the ones that will remind them of that fact over and over again.

Phil...did somebody let you out of your room again?

wedo
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
So alot of people are saying stupid things about where Vince Young should go.

Texans, Titans, 49ers, Cowboys.

The Simple fact is, he will sit on the BENCH if he is with the Texans. Plain and simple. The Texans franchise has made it VERY clear that David Carr is there man next year by giving him a BIG raise in pay and a new coach.

Sure if VY goes to Houston, he could help Carr out. As a Receiver or Running back.

But let's list off the reasons, for you non-believers.

1. David Carr has been signed back on and is the highest paid member on team. If they take on Vince, they will be blowing big bucks on someone, because a potentially good talent will be riding bench. So it doesn't fit financially.

2. VY has NOT EVEN SET FOOT on a PRO FEILD. Yes in college he was good. Yes he could be an amazing athlete in the pros....but let's think of a few others that were first round picks that turned out to be duds that were A+ athletes in College. So don't count your chickens before they hatch.

3. They need protection. Alot of it. and not the rubber kind. The offensive line they started with's strongest guy was weaker than the 2005 Powerlifting Champion. The best lineman they had was on injury reserve.

You must be an Aggie to say Young was only "good" in college!!
To bad he was just "good" enough to go undefeated agains A&M!

Phil C
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Phil...did somebody let you out of your room again?

SHOW SOME KINDNESS!!

Adidas410s
04-25-2006, 01:45 PM
SHOW SOME KINDNESS!!

Show some original thoughts and variety in your posting!

Phil C
04-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Show some original thoughts and variety in your posting!

SHOW SOME CONSIDERATION!

:D

Phil C
04-25-2006, 02:02 PM
:mad:

Adidas410s
04-25-2006, 02:03 PM
:mad:

seriously??? Should this count as a post? I move for the above quoted post to be striken from the 3ADL record and Phil to be docked 1 post accordingly!

Phil C
04-25-2006, 02:06 PM
seriously??? Should this count as a post? I move for the above quoted post to be striken from the 3ADL record and Phil to be docked 1 post accordingly!

SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :D

mustang04
04-25-2006, 02:10 PM

:clap:

^yep, thats my entire post right there:D

^well that too <so is that

^and this
^and that <along with this

AAAAAUUUUGGGHHHH its a vicious cycle!!!!

Adidas410s
04-25-2006, 02:11 PM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :D

Compassion for what??? You padding your stats??? That's bush league and you know it. What is this...amateur hour??? Come on now Phil...

SHOW SOME THOUGHT IN YOUR POSTING!!! :mad:

There has to be some good movies coming along soon...dig up a good review for us. I'm not doing anything tonight so I could catch a good movie on TV if I knew what was coming on (at a decent hour preferably)

Phil C
04-25-2006, 02:13 PM
Compassion for what??? You padding your stats??? That's bush league and you know it. What is this...amateur hour??? Come on now Phil...

SHOW SOME THOUGHT IN YOUR POSTING!!! :mad:

There has to be some good movies coming along soon...dig up a good review for us. I'm not doing anything tonight so I could catch a good movie on TV if I knew what was coming on (at a decent hour preferably)

I am so ashamed! :(

Nevertheless: SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :(

HM33
04-25-2006, 02:15 PM
David Carr was not a dud in the pros. It was a new program with crap for a line. Yeah you can say a good player would find a way to win, but you can't do that in collge with the personel he had. Maybe in college but not the pros. Bush is the best choice for the Texans. Just because VY came from UT doesn't mean he is god. Seems as if most ppl from texas think he is the best player. Not true. Matt Lienard (Spelling??) has a lot better chance of being a good pro QB, IMO. I guess we will just have to see in a few months.

mustang04
04-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by HM33
Just because VY came from UT doesn't mean he is god. Seems as if most ppl from texas think he is the best player.
thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard....so ur saying that we think he's awesome JUST BECAUSE he is from Texas???? i PROMISE you he coulda worn a pink jersey and a helmet with the University of Ferries on it and he STILL woulda wrecked shop on whoever he played:rolleyes:

HM33
04-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Everyone would not be so hyped up on him if he would have went to where ever u said. But him being from texas he gets a stronger backing. I'm not saying thats a bad thing its just saying ppl are down grading other players because the didn't play in texas.

schu1213
04-25-2006, 02:22 PM
I really wonder how vy is walkin around these days with all that weight from the board hangin from his mid section.

mustang04
04-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Everyone would not be so hyped up on him if he would have went to where ever u said. But him being from texas he gets a stronger backing. I'm not saying thats a bad thing its just saying ppl are down grading other players because the didn't play in texas.

i disagree.....its because of the fact of the amount of noise he created in college football is why he got the hype....just like Adrianne Peterson his freshman year, has nothing to do with the university..has to do with the performance

Adidas410s
04-25-2006, 02:26 PM

Nobody is downgrading other players because of Vince. The only guy that I have downgraded would be Mario Williams. The guy didn't do anything special in college...he didn't dominate ON THE FIELD, and all of a sudden he is a Top 3 (and #1 on some draft boards) pick in the NFL??? Give me a break...

GreenGobbla
04-25-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i disagree.....its because of the fact of the amount of noise he created in college football is why he got the hype....just like Adrianne Peterson his freshman year, has nothing to do with the university..has to do with the performance

ur wroooooooooooooooooooong

HM33
04-25-2006, 02:27 PM
Yes, he was a great player. But the fact that he is from UT makes people back him much harder.

mustang04
04-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
ur wroooooooooooooooooooong

ur opinion

mustang04
04-25-2006, 02:30 PM
Yes, he was a great player. But the fact that he is from UT makes people back him much harder.
well..what if he had played for a TRADITIONAL football team like Notre Dame or Michigan....if he had played for Notre Dame and had led them to the championship like he did UT, he'd be getting just as much hype....

HM33
04-25-2006, 02:33 PM
But not from all these die hard texas fans. People on this board wouldn't be backing him so much. Although if he were to play for a different Uni. he might not have had the season he had.

mustang04
04-25-2006, 02:39 PM
But not from all these die hard texas fans. People on this board wouldn't be backing him so much.

ahhhh thats where u and i are on different pages..i was talkin about hype from EVERYBODY, ur talkin about the board...yeah that makes more sense now...what we have here is a failure to communicate haha

HM33
04-25-2006, 06:14 PM
:D, yes I was prefering more to the board than everyone in general.

Chris Hart
04-25-2006, 07:10 PM
I personally think Vince Young will be a flop in the pros. Nothing against him personally. The NFL has never and never will be dominated by a running QB. Vick is a better runner, and IMO a better passer than Vince too, however he is just an average QB in the NFL. Is he fun to watch? Sure! Will Vince be fun to watch? Surely! I'd love to see VY do great in the NFL being from Texas and all, but the truth is you MUST be a great passer to be a great QB in the NFL. I know my opinion about Vince's future in the pros isn't popular on this board, but I think before his career is over, he'll have to change position to a TE or WR, or he will end up being a backup for most of his pro career.

NHSRattler60
04-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by wedo
You must be an Aggie to say Young was only "good" in college!!
To bad he was just "good" enough to go undefeated agains A&M!

Actually, I'm a huge Texas Fan, in fact I plan to get my Masters from Texas.

My sister was the aggie.

He was a good player. Not great. He was a good player on a great team. Give credit to the 6 foot 11, 370 behemoth he used to get alot of the yards behind.

The Running Backs who helped place him on the right areas or give him enough time to catch his breath.

The Receivers who FOUND the ball when it was off target.

And the Defense who busted up so many offenses to give him a chance to get on offense.

Offense wins games, Defense wins championships. And Fast QB's with a very very good o-line does too.

HM33
04-25-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
I personally think Vince Young will be a flop in the pros. Nothing against him personally. The NFL has never and never will be dominated by a running QB. Vick is a better runner, and IMO a better passer than Vince too, however he is just an average QB in the NFL. Is he fun to watch? Sure! Will Vince be fun to watch? Surely! I'd love to see VY do great in the NFL being from Texas and all, but the truth is you MUST be a great passer to be a great QB in the NFL. I know my opinion about Vince's future in the pros isn't popular on this board, but I think before his career is over, he'll have to change position to a TE or WR, or he will end up being a backup for most of his pro career.

I agree 100% with you :)